DJI Mavic 2S Mapping Capabilities
2445 5 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d38a7cf
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

I recently purchased a DJI Mavic Air 2S and using a WebODM and Dronelink setup.

I own a GIS business, and have a commercial ESRI license (view georeference outputs - orthos etc)

What process is used to generate a topo with contour lines?  I am mapping a golf course in the mountains and working toward outputs used in the commercial space and video for promotions.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Chris
2023-1-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,

Place drone pictures in a photogrametry software. Then generate point cloud. Classify ground point and generate DTM. Use your GIS to generate raster with contour.
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Air 2S does not support the surveying and mapping function, the main reason for this is that the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI Mavic series drones cannot support such professional functions. You may want to check our DJI Enterprise products (such as Matrice 300 RTK/ Phantom 4 RTL). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-27 19:50
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Air 2S does not support the surveying and mapping function, the main reason for this is that the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI Mavic series drones cannot support such professional functions. You may want to check our DJI Enterprise products (such as Matrice 300 RTK/ Phantom 4 RTL). Thank you for your understanding and support.

GCPs.......
2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_9vVVsQukETYQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251273 ft

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2023-1-27 07:39
Hi,

Place drone pictures in a photogrametry software. Then generate point cloud. Classify ground point and generate DTM. Use your GIS to generate raster with contour.

data that a rtk survey would provide would have tolerances within a tenth. would doing all that be that tight? i cant imagine it would if your running grs of anykind ive seen ... meters away from where it was supposed to be. idk
3-15 08:45
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_9vVVsQukETYQ Posted at 3-15 08:45
data that a rtk survey would provide would have tolerances within a tenth. would doing all that be that tight? i cant imagine it would if your running grs of anykind ive seen ... meters away from where it was supposed to be. idk

Everything is relative, distance from the base station, lens calibration...
3-15 09:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules