585 1 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty57#
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182241 ft
United States

DJi 3 video stuttering
I was having issues with my video stuttering, for lack of a better term, on my MAC Book Pro using Photos but it was hit and miss.  All my video work is with a new DJi 3 mini pro with current firmware updates on both the drone and the controller.  After doing a few different downloads and video options, I seem to now understand the issue and how to prevent it from happening with my hardware.  I am using an older MAC Book Pro and running Monterrey 12.6 with current Photos.  I'm using an iPhone 13 pro with current ISO.  I have a month old
DJi 3 Mini pro with RC  w/screen and current firmware updates installed.
I did my shooting in both 264 and 265 with 4K Normal color 24 fps.  Very interesting results.
Both 264 and 265 run just fine on the DJi RC controller.  
Download options:  From the DJI 3 with an iPhone 13 running GoFly (RC off); open album and videos on my phone.  Select files and upload to MAC BOOK PRO (MBO) with airdrop to desktop then drag into Photos; both formats run correctly and smooth.  With Get info, both formats are shown as being 264 via iPhoto; including video shot at 265.
Direct from SD card inserted in MBP; open DCIM folder; open 100 MEDIA file, copy videos to desktop.  Then, import into iPhoto. From iPhoto; the recording in 264 runs smooth; no stuttering.  The recording in 265 stutters in Photos ant Get info shows it is a HVEC file.  From the desktop in Quicktime player 265 stutters; 264 runs fine.  
Conclusions:  If shooting in 264 everything works fine, no stuttering regardless of how the video is imported into the MBP then into Photos or running on Quicktime.
                    If shooting in 265 stuttering will happen depending on type of download into MBP and Photos.

For me; shooting in 264 will give me less issues.  Will I have lower quality?  Not sure.  Are there any other issues with shooting in 264 vs 265 that I am missing?

Marty
2023-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

H265 needs a lot more processing power to watch smoothly. you can run the footage through handbrake to convert it back to h264.   Only the very latest Macs support hardware decode of h265.      You will loose some data in h264 mode but unless you are doing high level colour correction then you wont notice that.
2023-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules