Storage Space
1209 7 2023-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d38a7cf
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

While testing my new to me drone, I am finding the data captured is very large in size.

I am using a 64GB card, but filling that up with two flights very easily.  5K, etc settings are in place for maximum quality.

Do you all have recommendations for where to store this data?  Google Drive upgrade to allow enough space?  Do you all have a solution that would ease current space issues?

Regards,
Chris
2023-1-30
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

At home I've a 2TB NAS and I use it to store my footage. I suggest to keep only the shots that are relevant, maybe reencoding them to a lower bitrate (but not to low, in order not to lose quality). Reencoding from 100 Mbit/s to 30-40 Mbit/s would reduce the size accordingly and the quality loss would not be noticeable (but it depends on the kind of your shots).Handbrake can be the right free tool to do that. If you're using a Mac, you can try Compressor, but it is licensed.

2023-1-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280068

2023-1-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What about just getting a bigger SD card?
2023-1-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use 256GB SD cards.  However, I back up all my footage to a 12TB hard drive which is backed up to a 16 TB hard drive.  
2023-1-31
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes get a bigger card but at 5K you are asking for all sorts of trouble Data size wise...... Do you honestly feel you need to be filming in 5k ?.

Do some tests at 1080p (Yes I said 1080p)
4K 30
and 5K

And compare the results on a large TV say 50 - 60 Inches and see if you can see much difference. Ask a few others also.... You might be surprised.

Just stuffing things to the Highest and biggest number is not always wise
2023-1-31
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I use a 256gb sd card, shoot in 4K30fps, and store the files on a synology raid NAS.
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the late response. If you often shot videos/photos with high resolution, it is recommended to use a bigger size SD card. The DJI Air 2s supports a microSD card with a capacity of up to 256 GB. In addition, you may refer to the suggestions of our co-pilots regarding how they store their files with an external hard drive. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!
2023-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules