34846 102 2023-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6224147 ft
Cyprus

Hello,

Does anyone know if DJI plans to issue the C1 certificate for already purchased AIRs units?
2023-2-2
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Nobody knows, except people from DJI. And an official position has not yet been disclosed.
2023-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its possible that the Air2S doesn't meet the C1 requirements,   for example the Mavic 3 came with new softer props to make it compliant ready,  I doubt that they did that with the Air2S.
2023-2-2
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

Hopefully they will do that soon.
What's the logic of keeping a lighter drone as the Air 2s at the heavier category than the Mavic 3.
Any DJI ppl here to comment?
2023-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fable Posted at 2-2 06:00
What's the logic of keeping a lighter drone as the Air 2s at the heavier category than the Mavic 3.

C1 is more than. just the weight of the drone.
2023-2-2
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

fable Posted at 2-2 06:00

I'm not so confident that DJI will release the C1 marking for the Air2s. There are some risks that they'll want to maximise the sales for the new Air 3s (or whatever it will be called) and in that case they won't release the C1 marking for the Air 2s.

The only comment you can expect here from DJI people is something like: " bla bla bla ... at present we do not have any information about that. Please stay tuned and we will provide updates as soon as they'll be available."

But I agree: this is a hot topic now and I expect an official position as soon as possible.
2023-2-2
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 07:26
C1 is more than. just the weight of the drone.

When there is a will, there is a way...
I am sure they can overcome minor design issues
2023-2-2
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

fable Posted at 2-2 07:49

I'm sure they can. I'm not sure they want. But I hope so !
2023-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fable Posted at 2-2 07:49

Problem is. They gave to prove to the eu that the drone us compliant,  it different hardware is involved that would mean it being returned to DJI for fitting.  That wont be free
2023-2-2
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 11:39
Problem is. They gave to prove to the eu that the drone us compliant,  it different hardware is involved that would mean it being returned to DJI for fitting.  That wont be free

I understand.
DJI should cover expenses for that or else the charge should be reasonable.
In any case it would be a huge consumer mistreatment if they left all us AIR 2s buyers
hanging without a possibility of flying these drones.
2023-2-2
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

fable Posted at 2-2 11:45
I understand.
In any case it would be a huge consumer mistreatment if they left all us AIR 2s buyers

Without the C1 marking you can continue flying your Air 2s in A3 scenarios, as you’re doing now.
The only difference is that now you can also run A2 missions, if you have the A2 license. Starting from 2024 A2 won't be an option anymore.
2023-2-2
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

Being an amateur aerial photographer as many others I wouldn't bother go through an A3 training just to fly a 595gr drone.
It really beats the purpose.
Hopefully we won't come to that.
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. More details will be announced in due course.
2023-2-2
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

DJI Diana Posted at 2-2 14:09
Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. More details will be announced in due course.

Thank you for the reply.
As there are TONS of AIR2S users in the EU and  the UK I hope DJI does not disappoint us.
2023-2-2
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

fable Posted at 2-2 12:37
Being an amateur aerial photographer as many others I wouldn't bother go through an A3 training just to fly a 595gr drone.
It really beats the purpose.
Hopefully we won't come to that.

Are you sure to understand the EU regulation ? … A3 scenarios are allowed by the most basic (and mandatory) training available : the A1/A3. When using the Air 2S in an EU country you must have it.
Only drones below 250 gr don’t require any certification,
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fable Posted at 2-2 14:13
Thank you for the reply.
As there are TONS of AIR2S users in the EU and  the UK I hope DJI does not disappoint us.

You're most welcome. Should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you again for being patient.
2023-2-2
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

FabioV Posted at 2-2 14:27
Are you sure to understand the EU regulation ? … A3 scenarios are allowed by the most basic (and mandatory) training available : the A1/A3. When using the Air 2S in an EU country you must have it.
Only drones below 250 gr don’t require any certification,

Well, I do have the A1/A3 accreditation as I passed the relevant online test and received the certificate.
But as I understand it, through the transitory period until the EASA rules  implementation
you actually need an A2 certificate to fly the AIR 2 S being 95gr above the 500gr limit
for the A1 category. After the implementation (possible 1/24) and if the AIR 2 S does
not acquire the C1 status then you'll need an A3 accreditation to fly it. Or am I wrong and there is not such?
If the AIR 2S gets into the C1 category then you'll only need the A1/A3 certifcate.
Isn't this the case?
2023-2-2
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

Referring to this:
2023-2-2
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

fable Posted at 2-2 15:27
Well, I do have the A1/A3 accreditation as I passed the relevant online test and received the certificate.
But as I understand it, through the transitory period until the EASA rules  implementation
you actually need an A2 certificate to fly the AIR 2 S being 95gr above the 500gr limit
The scenario is not chosen according to the mass of the drone, but according to the environment.  Then the scenario imposes a mass and speed limit.  

A2 requires A2 qualification.  
A1 and A3 require the A1/A3 qualification.

In January 2024 if drone up to 900g are labeled C1 you can do A1 flight.  If it isn't, you won't be able to do more than A3 only. Which is already the case today with the Air2s.  At best the C1 label will unlock the A1 scenario for you, at worst you will remain limited in A3, with your Air2s.

I invite you to visit the web page below.  Don't worry about what is written, look at the illustrations to understand what the scenarios are.
https://uas.caa.lv/atverta-kategorija/
2023-2-2
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-2 16:15
The scenario is not chosen according to the mass of the drone, but according to the environment.  Then the scenario imposes a mass and speed limit.  

Thank you for clarifying this, also the previous user that brought this up for me.

I've spoken to my local civil aviation ppl here but I seem to have misunderstood what A3 category means.
So as the AIR 2S in concerned currently:
1.  if I am to fly away from people and buildings (A3) the A1/A3 certificate suffices.
2.  If I am to fly close to people (A2) I need to take the A2 certificate additionally.
3.  I am not allowed to fly over people (A1).

In 1/24, when AIR 2S gets the C1 marking I will also be able to fly in A1 areas.
But wouldn't I be able to fly to A2 areas also without the A2 certificate?
2023-2-2
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

fable Posted at 2-2 22:37
Thank you for clarifying this, also the previous user that brought this up for me.

I've spoken to my local civil aviation ppl here but I seem to have misunderstood what A3 category means.

After 1/1/2024 all the drones without the C marking will be allowed to fly only on A3 scenarios. Also pilots with A2 certification won't be allowed to fly A2 scenarios with a drone without the C2 marking.
It means that, if Air 2S won't receive the C1 marking, it can be used only in A3 scenarios. But at present if you have A1/A3 only (and not the A2) you're exactly in the same situation, because with the Air2s you cannot fly A1 scenarios even now. For that reason I got the A2 certification: because with it I've less limitation, at list until 31/12/2023. You can get it online for free using the site of Spanish authority. But the final exam is in Spanish.
2023-2-2
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

FabioV Posted at 2-2 23:28
After 1/1/2024 all the drones without the C marking will be allowed to fly only on A3 scenarios. Also pilots with A2 certification won't be allowed to fly A2 scenarios with a drone without the C2 marking.
It means that, if Air 2S won't receive the C1 marking, it can be used only in A3 scenarios. But at present if you have A1/A3 only (and not the A2) you're exactly in the same situation, because with the Air2s you cannot fly A1 scenarios even now. For that reason I got the A2 certification: because with it I've less limitation, at list until 31/12/2023. You can get it online for free using the site of Spanish authority. But the final exam is in Spanish.

I bought the Mini 3 Pro to fly in residential areas and I'll keep the Air 2s for outdoor scenarios for the time being.
So, I wouldn't bother to get the A2 certification for now.
Having said that, Air 2s is a better drone in handling though and would very much prefer if I could fly it
in residential areas also.
Hopefully DJI won't disappoint.
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fable Posted at 2-2 11:45
I understand.

Im not sure it's a mistreatment.  They didnt sell the drone with any expectation of C classification,  and at the time they sold it the specifications were not even finalised.  
2023-2-3
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 00:38
Im not sure it's a mistreatment.  They didnt sell the drone with any expectation of C classification,  and at the time they sold it the specifications were not even finalised.

I am not referring to DJI intentions at that time but about what potentially might occur now.
Yes, it would be customer mistreatment now if the inclusion criteria can be met and the company does not take the necessary steps to acquire the accreditation.
Personally, I believe they will do what is possible judging from their excellent customer service so far.
2023-2-3
Use props
djiuser_m4uTYn2ikdjO
lvl.2

Spain

Hi, I would like yo know if having STS 01 and 02 license is enough to fly in A1 scenarios with the Air 2s. Thanks.
2023-3-22
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

The Air 2s cannot be used in an A1 scenario and this is independent from the license you’ve. And if you already have the STS 01 and STS 02 license you should probably know the answer …
2023-3-22
Use props
djiuser_qXWE4skX6td8
New

Poland

STS01 requires C5 certification. I don't know if the C1 certificate provides a C5 requirement. Anyone know?
2023-3-29
Use props
Jozzino Air 2S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60843 ft
Italy

Hello, news for C1 Label on Dji Air 2S? Tnx.
2023-4-7
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Argentina

No nothing.
It is possible they'll just come up with an Air 3 with C1 Label in a few weeks.
2023-4-7
Use props
Liszo
New

Poland

Hello,
I just bought the new Air 2s,
I am considering returning it given your lack of information on c1 for air2s
2023-4-8
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Cyprus

Liszo Posted at 4-8 06:58
Hello,
I just bought the new Air 2s,
I am considering returning it given your lack of information on c1 for air2s

Air 2s is a great drone.
But if having the C1 label is important to you then maybe is not a bad idea to replace it with a mini 3 or Mavic 3. There are rumors of an Air 3 coming soon but nothing certain.
2023-4-8
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Not to sound stupid, but I have never heard of this.  Can someone fill me in what C1 is?  I am part 107 and I must have missed this in my studies.
2023-4-10
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Spain

Shawgod Posted at 4-10 05:40
Not to sound stupid, but I have never heard of this.  Can someone fill me in what C1 is?  I am part 107 and I must have missed this in my studies.

This is relevant in EU countries. Without the C1 label, on 2024 the A2S can be used in A3 scenarios only.
2023-4-10
Use props
fans1848484b
lvl.1
Czechia

Dobrý den,už by se koněčně mohlo DJI vyjádřit ,jak to bude s AIR 2S a C1?!!!!  Myslím jsi,že vůči všem majtelům AIR 2S to bude podpásovka!
2023-4-12
Use props
Lepatxuri
lvl.2

Spain

fans1848484b Posted at 4-12 10:01
Dobrý den,už by se koněčně mohlo DJI vyjádřit ,jak to bude s AIR 2S a C1?!!!!  Myslím jsi,že vůči všem majtelům AIR 2S to bude podpásovka!

Hi,
when will DJI confirm the C1 label for the Air 2s? Is any date already for this?
thanks
2023-6-1
Use props
Lepatxuri
lvl.2

Spain

FabioV Posted at 3-22 12:21
The Air 2s cannot be used in an A1 scenario and this is independent from the license you’ve. And if you already have the STS 01 and STS 02 license you should probably know the answer …

Hi,
Thanks for the answer,
I was studying for that.
I get the certificates, now the question is if DJI will allow the C1 label for the Air 2s...
2023-6-1
Use props
Lepatxuri
lvl.2

Spain

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-2 16:15

Hi,
the other choice is to pass the exam for the STS 01 and 02 scenarios, the you should be able to fly your Air 2S in those scenarios, not having the C1 label.
Regards
2023-6-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Lepatxuri Posted at 6-1 21:53
Hi,
the other choice is to pass the exam for the STS 01 and 02 scenarios, the you should be able to fly your Air 2S in those scenarios, not having the C1 label.
Regards

Passing the exam is not enough.

It is then necessary to
-write an operation manual,
-request authorizations for each particular case.

Each individual flight in this category may require additional flight authorization or coordination with participating organizations.

So not at all suitable for recreational use.
2023-6-1
Use props
thegrinch77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2412513 ft
Norway

@dji Any updates on this subject? I just bought this fantastic drone after watching hundreds of youtube videos with very content owners. I have the A1/A3 accreditation and my intention is to use this in the A3 category for nature photography. I would however love to have the possibility to use the drone in the A2 as well and a c - marking is much needed for this drone, as there are literally thousands of entusiasts using this product across Europe.
2023-6-21
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

thegrinch77 Posted at 6-21 06:45
@dji Any updates on this subject? I just bought this fantastic drone after watching hundreds of youtube videos with very content owners. I have the A1/A3 accreditation and my intention is to use this in the A3 category for nature photography. I would however love to have the possibility to use the drone in the A2 as well and a c - marking is much needed for this drone, as there are literally thousands of entusiasts using this product across Europe.

You can use it in A2 until the end of this year, if you get the A2 certification.
After that date we have the possible scenarios: A1, if DJI will deliver the C1 marking (I doubt they’ll do, but who knows …) or A3 if they won’t).
Now I’m using it in A2 scenarios, but on next year it won’t be possible anymore.
2023-6-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules