Found Drone
859 14 2023-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Norvin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I found a crashed Mini 3 with the SD Card still in it. It is registered with the UKCAA and I have placed notice on the UKCAA lost and found. Can DJI trace/contact the owner of the drone given the serial number?
2023-2-3
Use props
juanpirulo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 174888 ft
Spain

Yes Dji can trace and contact owner by the serial number. They shoud reach de owner by email. cheers
2023-2-3
Use props
Norvin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

juanpirulo Posted at 2-3 14:48
Yes Dji can trace and contact owner by the serial number. They shoud reach de owner by email. cheers

Thanks for the reply. Any idea how/who to I contact at DJI? I haven't found lost and found contact at DJI.
2023-2-3
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

post that here, too...   https://mavicpilots.com/forums/lost-found-mavics.27/
2023-2-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji has information about the drone but they probably won't share it with you (they are not opposed to reaching out to them) and it is by no means the "owner."  drones don't have a true title so usually ownership is established by something else such as who is in possession of it.  would be sad if someone just bought the drone on ebay and before they could make any changes (or remove the registration because it didnt need to be registered), tested it for their first flight, crashed and lost.  would hate to see the drone go back to the first buyer.  but i guess it's better than nothing so thank you for taking the time to locate the owner (because prior owners usually remove their registration stickers).  what i have done in the past (for personal reasons) when i have found something "valuable" and had no intentions of keeping it, i turn it over to the local police and let them do something about it (or nothing about it) but i try to stay out of it.  good on you, though.
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you picked up a DJI aircraft, please provide the aircraft's serial number to us via PM. We will check it for you. Thank you.
2023-2-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at the videos on the memory card, if any one place shows up a lot it may be the owner's home. What state is the drone in?
2023-2-3
Use props
Norvin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 2-3 16:32
dji has information about the drone but they probably won't share it with you (they are not opposed to reaching out to them) and it is by no means the "owner."  drones don't have a true title so usually ownership is established by something else such as who is in possession of it.  would be sad if someone just bought the drone on ebay and before they could make any changes (or remove the registration because it didnt need to be registered), tested it for their first flight, crashed and lost.  would hate to see the drone go back to the first buyer.  but i guess it's better than nothing so thank you for taking the time to locate the owner (because prior owners usually remove their registration stickers).  what i have done in the past (for personal reasons) when i have found something "valuable" and had no intentions of keeping it, i turn it over to the local police and let them do something about it (or nothing about it) but i try to stay out of it.  good on you, though.

Thanks. I have contacted the CAA with the UK registration. Seems the person did register even though they didn't have to for its size.  
2023-2-4
Use props
Norvin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-3 21:25
Does the drone have the owners CAA registration number on it? Have a look at the videos on the memory card, if any one place shows up a lot it may be the owner's home. What state is the drone in?

Yes I have sent notice to the CAA. Also only two short videos on the card. One as is crashed and one after.
2023-2-4
Use props
Norvin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-3 17:09
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you picked up a DJI aircraft, please provide the aircraft's serial number to us via PM. We will check it for you. Thank you.

Thank you . Will do. It seems we both must be online for a PM. I will send once I see you online. Thanks
2023-2-4
Use props
Norvin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OJsakila Posted at 2-3 16:01
post that here, too...   https://mavicpilots.com/forums/lost-found-mavics.27/

Thanks for the information
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Norvin Posted at 2-4 02:12
Thank you . Will do. It seems we both must be online for a PM. I will send once I see you online. Thanks

You're welcome. You can click my profile and hit the "Personal Message" for you to send a PM. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-2-5
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

That’s kind of you to try and locate the owner.
2023-4-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Drey. I Posted at 4-8 17:14
That’s kind of you to try and locate the owner.

Yes indeed... It is always nice to see people doing the right thing...
2023-4-9
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-9 01:57
Yes indeed... It is always nice to see people doing the right thing...

Hope you are having a good weekend.
2023-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules