Issue. Gimbal Max Control Speed (Tilt) Setting ignored in Cine Mode
984 3 2023-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hherrm
lvl.1

Austria

Hi, I am new to this forum to report a Issue that I have with my Mini 3 Pro.
I am running the lates firmware of my Mini 3 Pro (01.00.0450) and flying with the RC-N1 controller.

The issue is:
I'd like to have even slower gimbal tilt movement in Cine Mode, so I change the respective setting in the "Gain & Expo Tuning" for "Gimbal Max Control Speed (Tilt)" to for example 4°.
But this Setting is ignored during flight when Mode is set to Cine Mode and the Obstacle Avoidance is set to Bypass Mode!

I tested several Options and found very strange behaviour.
The Gimbal Max Conrtrol Speed Setting works fine in Normal Mode and it also works fine when the Obstacle Avoidance is turned off or set to Brake (very strange)

Summary:
Gimbal Max Control Speed (Tilt) Setting is ignored by my Mini 3 Pro drone when following conditions are fullfilled:
  • Mode set to Cine Mode
  • Ignored only in flight but not on ground
  • Obstacle Avoidance set to Bypass mode

Can you reproduce this issue?
If yes: can this be reported to DJI for future Firmware Updates?
2023-2-4
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

This has been a known problem for a long time.
2023-2-4
Use props
hherrm
lvl.1

Austria

Drone.Hunter Posted at 2-4 06:41
This has been a known problem for a long time.

I see.
Is DJI aware of that bug or how can I report it to the developers for future firmware upgrade?

Shouldn't be too complicated, because I find it quite strange that the feature works when disabling Obstacle Avoidance or switch to Normal mode.
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, hherrm. We apologize for the inconvenience. This issue is caused by the gimbal parameter’s default logic. After takeoff, if the obstacle avoidance behavior is set to “Bypass” (APAS), even if the remote controller is switched to Cine mode, the gimbal parameters correspond to parameters in Normal mode. We recommend that you adjust the gimbal parameter setting in a non-Normal mode in non-APAS mode. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules