Action 2 locating issues
805 5 2023-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronographer007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88839 ft
Australia

hi, i bought my action 2 few months ago 2022 and i loved it, it connected to my phone when i downloaded the app DJI Mimo.

however, since 3jan2022 on my return from holidays, i downloaded a software update on my phone - sumsung galaxy 2 fold - and i tried to locate my dji device action 2 and it said "DJI Device Not Found"! around the second week of january I saw the staff at the DJI store in Sydney and his phone located the action 2 perfefctly!  He told me to uninstall the DJI Mimo and reinstall.  So i tried that at home a few times during each week and it sailed to find my device?  Last week I had another software update on my phone and hoping this will refresh and find my device but then again unable to find my device :-(

What should I do even when I:

- uninstall and reinstall DJI Mimo
- Restart/Poweroff Phone hoping it will find my device but unsuccesful
- Download phone software update still cant find device

All the above was unsuccessful when I try to find the device and yes the device action 2 was next to my phone when I tried to find the device.

Hear from you soon on how can I find my device on my phone

Kind regards

2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, please enable the corresponding permissions on the mobile phone: all permissions relating to mobile phone location/location information/GPS location. And then follow the steps below to see if it helps:
1. Enter [Settings]-[Wireless Connection]-[Reset Connection] of DJI Action 2.
2. Then set the IP to DHCP (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.
3. If the issue persists, switch it to a static IP to reconnect and retry.
4. Switch to DHCP (dynamic) and then input the IP. Reconnect to it.
2023-2-5
Use props
Dronographer007
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-5 01:24
Hi there, please enable the corresponding permissions on the mobile phone: all permissions relating to mobile phone location/location information/GPS location. And then follow the steps below to see if it helps:
1. Enter [Settings]-[Wireless Connection]-[Reset Connection] of DJI Action 2.
2. Then set the IP to DHCP (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.

thank you I will try and reset it, but my question is if I reset it will I loose my existing photos in my action 2?  Also I asked my partner to download the DJI Mimo on her andriod phone and her phone also could not locate the DJI device!  If you can let me know that if I reset my device will it delete my existing photos?
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dronographer007 Posted at 2-5 02:28
thank you I will try and reset it, but my question is if I reset it will I loose my existing photos in my action 2?  Also I asked my partner to download the DJI Mimo on her andriod phone and her phone also could not locate the DJI device!  If you can let me know that if I reset my device will it delete my existing photos?

Please rest assured that it will only reset the connection. Please make sure to rest it via [Settings]-[Wireless Connection]-[Reset Connection].
2023-2-5
Use props
Dronographer007
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-5 03:44
Please rest assured that it will only reset the connection. Please make sure to rest it via [Settings]-[Wireless Connection]-[Reset Connection].

ok thank you, I reset connection and how to I do #2. set the IP to DHCP (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.?  Is it under settings the IP?
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dronographer007 Posted at 2-5 05:00
ok thank you, I reset connection and how to I do #2. set the IP to DHCP (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.?  Is it under settings the IP?

Here is the picture for your reference.
2023-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules