Can Mini 1 be flown without Cell, Pad or anything but its Remote ...
683 14 2023-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I want to fly my Mini 1 in my yard and do NOT want to use the camera, or connect any other device to it.  Can I do it with just its Remote Controller?  I do realize that it will probably limit the flight distance.  I will have constant visual of the drone!   Any recommendations, knowledge, greatly accepted.  Also, I do not want to connect to my Dji Account.
2023-2-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it is possible. ............... but range and height may be limited and you would not be able to take off if the app would otherwise be showing certain warning messages that need acknowledgement or actions on your part.With regards to no connection to your DJI account, again possible but with restrictions.

What is the purpose of the flight and what are you trying to avoid? If you are thinking you may be able to fly inside a restricted zone then I think, note think, the idea is incorrect.
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, the drone can be controlled by the RC only. However, we do not recommend flying without a mobile device, there are lots of info in the DJI Fly app, including the aircraft status, info about the current environment, the live view of the drone, and the intelligent flight modes switching, etc. For flight safety, please always fly with the DJI Fly app.
2023-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to connect the drone to a DJI account to activate before you can start flying it.
2023-2-6
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-5 14:38
Yes it is possible. ............... but range and height may be limited and you would not be able to take off if the app would otherwise be showing certain warning messages that need acknowledgement or actions on your part.With regards to no connection to your DJI account, again possible but with restrictions.

What is the purpose of the flight and what are you trying to avoid? If you are thinking you may be able to fly inside a restricted zone then I think, note think, the idea is incorrect.

I only want to fly the drone in our grounds, nothing else, and do not want the use of the camera.  The area is somewhat small, but fun to fly in.  Nothing else.
2023-2-6
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-5 19:02
Hi there, the drone can be controlled by the RC only. However, we do not recommend flying without a mobile device, there are lots of info in the DJI Fly app, including the aircraft status, info about the current environment, the live view of the drone, and the intelligent flight modes switching, etc. For flight safety, please always fly with the DJI Fly app.

I do realize what you have said, and take it into account.  There is NO other reason for the flight except to fly this drone without a camera and have a little fun and relaxation.
2023-2-6
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 01:25
You need to connect the drone to a DJI account to activate before you can start flying it.

Thank you, I forgot about activating.
2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 2-6 16:11
Thank you, I forgot about activating.

No probs bob.  
2023-2-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 2-6 16:09
I do realize what you have said, and take it into account.  There is NO other reason for the flight except to fly this drone without a camera and have a little fun and relaxation.

That's fair enough but, to be honest, I see no advantage in flying without a phone attached and I can imagine quite a few disadvantages.
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 2-6 16:09

Thank you for your response. Just fly the unit within the line of sight to ensure safety, Bob. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your continued support!
2023-2-8
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-8 21:40
Thank you for your response. Just fly the unit within the line of sight to ensure safety, Bob. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your continued support!

IF I get it flying without any Phone, Pad, Tab or whatever, it will ONLY be flown in reasonably close proximity to me - for fun and relaxation, NO PHOTOS/Videos.  In a circle of 75 feet wide X 50 Feet High, probably at about 3 to 8 feet high most of the time.  I have a course that I am laying out to really do some tight moves while I learn even more to control it.  Should be fun.  Will let you all know if it proves out at a latter date.  Thanks for your help.
2023-2-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you are going about this the wrong way.

One does not normally learn to ski on a slalom course, one learns on beginners slopes.

Learn control in open spaces, free of obstacles. With bad luck you can wreck the drone in a minor crash and as a newbie "tight moves" are asing for trouble.
To be honest, since you have a screen device I see no point in NOT attaching it, absolutely NONE.
You DO NOT have to sync logs with DJI and if you are worried about leaving a paper trail of flight logs you can always delete the logs from the screen device.

Without the phone you lose access to visual warnings and the like. Plus if something goes wrong then you have no fight logs to analyse and pilots' interpretation of what they saw happen is often flawed.
2023-2-10
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-10 16:27
I think you are going about this the wrong way.

One does not normally learn to ski on a slalom course, one learns on beginners slopes.

I'll let you know
2023-2-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, you have been warned, don't come crying if you wreck the drone.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 2-10 13:31
IF I get it flying without any Phone, Pad, Tab or whatever, it will ONLY be flown in reasonably close proximity to me - for fun and relaxation, NO PHOTOS/Videos.  In a circle of 75 feet wide X 50 Feet High, probably at about 3 to 8 feet high most of the time.  I have a course that I am laying out to really do some tight moves while I learn even more to control it.  Should be fun.  Will let you all know if it proves out at a latter date.  Thanks for your help.

You are most welcome, Bob. Have a safe and happy flying to you! Cheers.
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules