Why am I forced to log in? And if I don't I can't fly!
12Next >
12959 59 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harpoon71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 405568 ft
United Kingdom

Hello.

Many times I have gone somewhere remote and when I try to use the drone it says I must log into my account and if I don't the drone is useless.

Why is this happening? Why do I have to log into my account just to use the drone?

I have been a long way from any wifi or mobile signal, found the drone to be useless, then had to drive a long way to a village just to log into DJI Fly app.

This is really annoying!

2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, harpoon71. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The application has been programmed to be logged out automatically after three months, and re-login is required. You can still take off without logging in however, there will be limited height and distance. Before going to the remote area, it is highly suggested to open the DJI Fly first to check if it needs to be logged in. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-6
Use props
harpoon71
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-6 19:15
Hi, harpoon71. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The application has been programmed to be logged out automatically after three months, and re-login is required. You can still take off without logging in however, there will be limited height and distance. Before going to the remote area, it is highly suggested to open the DJI Fly first to check if it needs to be logged in. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thank you for your help
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

harpoon71 Posted at 2-7 01:54
Thank you for your help

You're welcome. Have a safe flight always!
2023-2-7
Use props
djiuser_eLO8r6lHhOty
New

United States

Would've been courteous to answer the question, this is some clown-shoes bull... workaround.

Why do you have to log in in the first place?
2023-6-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

So many people are complaining about this, so called "safety feature", and yet nothing is coming from DJI... Perhaps we need to make more noise and spread the discontent louder... It can be done....
2023-6-23
Use props
contact7n
New

Greece

I agree,  this is really annoying.
Last week I went to this gorgeous place with my son, and I could not fly my drone far, because I was not logged in.
There was no Wifi there so I could not connect anyway.
I missed some really great shots because of this.
It should allow you to fly the drone and probably ask you to log in in the next couple of days.
Please DJI, fix this asap

Mark
2023-6-23
Use props
djiuser_innCsbmFluBR
New

United States

Brand new mini 3 pro with screen controller, am unable to activate it. went to create account, said my e mail was already associated with an account. so i go to log in and obviously don't have the password. was emailed 5 different verification codes that the "change account password" page wouldn't accept. so after 2 hours of this nonsense, i called and spent 20 min on the phone with DJI, and they couldn't figure it out. so my question is, am i stuck with an 800 dollar paper weight?
2023-7-5
Use props
djiuser_ySB9UxMwaIdH
New
Flight distance : 11768 ft

Pakistan

Exactly similar issue happened to me.
Went inside Hindu Kush mountains some 190 kms deep, 3 days hard-core trekking, and discovered that I've bought a toy from DJI cause it's logged out and won't fly beyond a few meters.
The experience ate the entire joy of being at a beautiful landscape as there was no possibility going back to a city with network coverage before 3 days.
Aaaaggh DJI
Please
2023-7-6
Use props
djiuser_ySB9UxMwaIdH
New
Flight distance : 11768 ft

Pakistan

This could've been left optional to the user if he wants to use this feature of logging out, or not.
Forcing programmers' requirements on the customers isn't the way to go in my humble opinion.
2023-7-6
Use props
Reese Wright
New

United States

Same here, tried to fly my mini 2 this afternoon just before sunset. Got the login mandate. Never got to fly. Learned my lesson. Too bad, DJI is a great drone BUT, I will never buy another one. Done.
2023-7-22
Use props
djiuser_ZfjaX2Dvx9C5
New

United States

My solution was to purchase the Litcha App. I use it instead of the DJI Fly App. It works well and does not require pesky logins. No flight restrictions.
2023-7-29
Use props
Jake.A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thats strange
2023-7-29
Use props
fansb7d2fa2c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hey everyone.
I posted the original issue.
The only work around is to use the Litchi app (which is very good but needs to be paid for).
Litchi is different to the Fly app so practice with it before you go anywhere serious. I use the Fly app as standard and then in emergencies switch to Litchi, but after having tried it for many hours.
Hope this helps
2023-7-29
Use props
fans1828aa76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5394 ft
Canada

I just had the same issue with my Mini 3 Pro. I’m in a rural area with no cell service. I haven’t used the drone in a long time. I took it out to get some aerial footage of a sunfish (unusual in these parts), but the drone wouldn’t go beyond 50m. Opportunity lost. And I was just about to take it on a 4 day wilderness hike. This is my fourth DJI drone (Phantom 3, Mavic Pro, Mini 2, Mini 3 Pro). It’s also the last. Bye bye DJI.
2023-8-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

I got the feeling that by the time DJI backs off it will be too late... So many people are leaving the building...
2023-8-5
Use props
Peter Antonenko
New

Canada

I’m having the same problem, but worse. DJi doesn't accept my email password.The CaptchA crap doesn’t work either. I just received my mini 3 today, and was very excited. I only have one problem. It won’t work. It doesn’t accept any email, and the controller and drone don’t seem to be talking to each other. VERY disappointed .
2023-8-9
Use props
Peter Antonenko
New

Canada

It won’t let me log in in my house. I think I just wasted a lot of money. 50 metres? What good is that? I can’t even count on an internet signal 50 metres from my house, I wanted to fly up and down waterfalls, and coastal BC. I guess I bought the wrong toy . Peter A.
2023-8-9
Use props
Majormaxie
lvl.1

United States

I agree with others. This re-logging periodic requirement  renders the newer DJI drones useless!  I have missed great shots on a flying camera I bought to make great shots. Yes! I’m where there’s no Wi-Fi. That’s why I bought this upgrade.

The Mavic 3 May have improved camera etc but wish I had my original pro and skip past all this nonsense. I wasted my money in DJI. But!!   Never again!!  Rubbish!
2023-8-17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Majormaxie Posted at 8-17 14:27
I agree with others. This re-logging periodic requirement  renders the newer DJI drones useless!  I have missed great shots on a flying camera I bought to make great shots. Yes! I’m where there’s no Wi-Fi. That’s why I bought this upgrade.

The Mavic 3 May have improved camera etc but wish I had my original pro and skip past all this nonsense. I wasted my money in DJI. But!!   Never again!!  Rubbish!

But wait! There is more...

Here at DJI we constantly try to find the way to also make the other products we sell useless!

We just release a new drone that "purposely" only work with a "new" radio!

What? You already have 4 DJI radios, you say? Good for us... and good luck to you trying to use them, sucker...

2023-8-17
Use props
fans2699cdec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1635072 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why did this happen in the middle of the day after I had flown three times and went to fly a fourth and it said I had to log in. You state 3 months but why in the middle of a day?
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans2699cdec Posted at 10-4 16:16
Why did this happen in the middle of the day after I had flown three times and went to fly a fourth and it said I had to log in. You state 3 months but why in the middle of a day?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. You may check the DJI Fly app before the flight if you are logged in by connecting the mobile device to a network or internet connection. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-10-12
Use props
Rob500
New

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-12 20:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. You may check the DJI Fly app before the flight if you are logged in by connecting the mobile device to a network or internet connection. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

I had the same problem.  Gone to a remote place and could only fly 50 meters. Very disappointing. From the forum above, the solution is to login before heading off into the wilderness.  I wish the manual would have told me this.  My next question: are there any more surprises like this?  Are there any more hold ups like this to deal with?  
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Rob500 Posted at 10-23 00:12
I had the same problem.  Gone to a remote place and could only fly 50 meters. Very disappointing. From the forum above, the solution is to login before heading off into the wilderness.  I wish the manual would have told me this.  My next question: are there any more surprises like this?  Are there any more hold ups like this to deal with?

Hello, Rob. We do apologize for the trouble. Rest assured that this concern of yours about adding this information to the user manual will be forwarded to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-25
Use props
djiuser_ytADqZorvtCM
New

United States

fansb7d2fa2c Posted at 7-29 22:41
Hey everyone.
I posted the original issue.
The only work around is to use the Litchi app (which is very good but needs to be paid for).

Thank you!!!!!
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_ytADqZorvtCM
New

United States

Dji has the worst customer service and the most frustrating policies that make using their products unnecessarily difficult.
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_XxupWO7hlJVi
New
Australia

Yes very frustrating and expensive.
I launched in remote area on the beach. GPS home location was incorrect as it had me 200m out to sea.
There was no way I could fly out of the zone. To add insult it told me the landing spot was not suitable.
Sadly it did not swim back to shore.
Is this my fault?
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_t7u0OmzmqJct
lvl.1

United Kingdom

You can add me to the complaints list, this login to fly is ludicrous, in Scotland 80% of the places I fly have no signal. Seriously doubt I would purchase a mini 4 due to this software block, which can easily be programmed out. You just did it for the. Mini 4 to lift the 120m height restriction, you can easily I this "have to re login". Flying 30-40 meters from base is useless for everyone when there is no phone signal around!
2023-10-30
Use props
RXRTrailBoss
lvl.1

United States

contact7n Posted at 6-23 23:56
I agree,  this is really annoying.
Last week I went to this gorgeous place with my son, and I could not fly my drone far, because I was not logged in.
There was no Wifi there so I could not connect anyway.

Hi Mark I turn my phone hot spot on and sign in that way that works
2023-11-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

RXRTrailBoss Posted at 11-20 05:46
Hi Mark I turn my phone hot spot on and sign in that way that works

I guess you missed the little detail where it says that there is no phone reception...
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_3gUPM6VCPBy9
lvl.1

Australia

How do i log in with no internet connection as I am in a remote location?It seems I am now in the possession of a expensive and useless device.
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_3gUPM6VCPBy9 Posted at 11-25 23:38
How do i log in with no internet connection as I am in a remote location?It seems I am now in the possession of a expensive and useless device.

Hello, there. Thank you for your notice. Please know that DJI drones don't require internet service to be flown. However, the user will need to have internet access when performing the firmware updates, downloading/updating the DJI Fly app, logging in/out of the account on the app, etc. I hope this information helps.
2023-11-27
Use props
djiuser_3gUPM6VCPBy9
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-27 03:53
Hello, there. Thank you for your notice. Please know that DJI drones don't require internet service to be flown. However, the user will need to have internet access when performing the firmware updates, downloading/updating the DJI Fly app, logging in/out of the account on the app, etc. I hope this information helps.

Hi,but how do I log on without a internet connection so I am able to operate it further than 50 meters?As I said I am in a remote location.
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_3gUPM6VCPBy9 Posted at 11-30 02:37
Hi,but how do I log on without a internet connection so I am able to operate it further than 50 meters?As I said I am in a remote location.

I'm afraid this process requires an internet service., otherwise, you won't be able to log-in. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-30
Use props
djiuser_3gUPM6VCPBy9
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-30 04:45
I'm afraid this process requires an internet service., otherwise, you won't be able to log-in. Thank you for your understanding.

Then i think my next drone purchase will have to be an Autel,which requires no internet connection to operate .
2023-12-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

It is like going around in a circle...

"Hi, harpoon71. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The application has been programmed to be logged out automatically after three months, and re-login is required. You can still take off without logging in however, there will be limited height and distance. Before going to the remote area, it is highly suggested to open the DJI Fly first to check if it needs to be logged in. Thank you for your kind understanding. "

"Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. You may check the DJI Fly app before the flight if you are logged in by connecting the mobile device to a network or internet connection. Your understanding is highly appreciated."

"Hello, there. Thank you for your notice. Please know that DJI drones don't require internet service to be flown. However, the user will need to have internet access when performing the firmware updates, downloading/updating the DJI Fly app, logging in/out of the account on the app, etc. I hope this information helps.

"I'm afraid this process requires an internet service., otherwise, you won't be able to log-in. Thank you for your understanding. "

Should we mark this thread as [SOLVED]  
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_3gUPM6VCPBy9 Posted at 12-11 14:37
Then i think my next drone purchase will have to be an Autel,which requires no internet connection to operate .

We truly apologize for the trouble. Rest assured we've taken your feedback seriously.
2023-12-16
Use props
Fair Trading
New

Australia

djiuser_XxupWO7hlJVi Posted at 10-29 23:35
Yes very frustrating and expensive.
I launched in remote area on the beach. GPS home location was incorrect as it had me 200m out to sea.
There was no way I could fly out of the zone. To add insult it told me the landing spot was not suitable.

Under Australian Consumer Law, it could be argued the drone malfunctioned and therefore a fault of the product. You are entitled to a replacement. Contact your State  Dept of Fair Trading for more advice.
2023-12-19
Use props
Fair Trading
New

Australia

Burt37 Posted at 12-11 16:14
It is like going around in a circle...

"Hi, harpoon71. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The application has been programmed to be logged out automatically after three months, and re-login is required. You can still take off without logging in however, there will be limited height and distance. Before going to the remote area, it is highly suggested to open the DJI Fly first to check if it needs to be logged in. Thank you for your kind understanding. "

Under Australian Consumer Law, it could be argued that DJI have an undisclosed fault or unfair restriction placed on the product use.  Contact your State  Dept of Fair Trading for more advice, you may be entitle to a refund.
2023-12-19
Use props
djiuser_tshL5lVffZq2
lvl.1

Spain

This is incorrect. The drone logs off in three months.  Mine has done that in less than one month TWICE and both times when I was out of range of any phone contact.   Why don't they publish this when they advertise this drone?  Could it be that they would lose sales? Oh gosh it can't be that  surely
2023-12-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules