Mavic Air 2 Flying Crooked when launched from boat - SOLVED THANKS
754 7 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Name: John
lvl.2
United States

Hi, you can see what I'm talking about in the video below. I think this was the first time I've launched the drone from a boat (non-level surface), maybe it wasn't able to calibrate something because of this. When trying to fly at any angle that was just a little more than straight it would pitch very badly. It would also reduce speed almost to a stop when trying to make certain turns. I could hardly film any shots that had a change of direction in them, I had to establish a direction and just keep flying like that. Any ideas on what's going on?
I've had this problem once in awhile with previous DJI drones but I don't remember it being this bad. It also kept doing it even after I brought the drone in to change batteries and restarted the controller.

Thanks

2023-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Was there a lot of metal involved (in the boat)
2023-2-6
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Some, it's primarily fiberglass. When shooting real estate, I often launch the drone from the roof of my car. I sit in the a/c, open the sunroof, put the drone on the roof, close the sunroof, then take off and fly the drone from inside. Never had a problem there and the whole car is basically metal.
2023-2-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Nothing needs calibrated or fixing. You are in FPV mode. Fly/camera view/settings/control/follow me or fpv. Change that to follow.
2023-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That has to be in FPV mode setting.  
2023-2-6
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Wow you two were right. I know where that setting is and I've never changed, that's why I didn't think it was it. Turns out there's a little hexagon shaped button the left side of the screen that I must have pressed that disabled sideways flying or whatever and put it into FPV mode. I was getting some king of warning when I took off so that sent me into the thinking that it was a calibration issue.

Thanks
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Mobilehomer and DowntownRDB are correct. Based on the video you posted, you were in FPV mode. In addition, please remember that after the gimbal mode is set to “FPV Mode,” the left and right gimbal controls will not respond when pressing and holding the screen for left and right dragging after Mavic Air 2 has taken off. To control the left and right movement of the gimbal after the drone has taken off, set the gimbal mode to “Follow Mode.” Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Name: John Posted at 2-6 13:30
Wow you two were right. I know where that setting is and I've never changed, that's why I didn't think it was it. Turns out there's a little hexagon shaped button the left side of the screen that I must have pressed that disabled sideways flying or whatever and put it into FPV mode. I was getting some king of warning when I took off so that sent me into the thinking that it was a calibration issue.

Thanks

Just glad it's solved.  Happy flying.
2023-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules