DJI mini 2 stolen
2609 9 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sgwDX1P4UBiS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31194 ft
United States

My mini 2 was stolen out my car, from on side the interstate, is there any chance I can track it somebody please help
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused and we absolutely understand how you feel. To protect your data security and privacy interests, we will not and cannot position the aircraft in real-time.  Please first contact your local police. If you need any help when reporting the case to the security authorities, please contact us at any time. We will do our best to provide relevant assistance. Meanwhile, please provide the device’s serial number to us. If the stolen aircraft is returned for repair, we will contact you.
Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-7
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

very sorry about that. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is lock the drone by reporting a flyaway
2023-2-11
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-7 04:21
Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused and we absolutely understand how you feel. To protect your data security and privacy interests, we will not and cannot position the aircraft in real-time.  Please first contact your local police. If you need any help when reporting the case to the security authorities, please contact us at any time. We will do our best to provide relevant assistance. Meanwhile, please provide the device’s serial number to us. If the stolen aircraft is returned for repair, we will contact you.
Thanks for your understanding.

Hi DJI Natalia,

does your answer apply to all models?

Even if the device is registered with DJI?
2023-3-5
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

If the thief switches the device on and it connects, then i don't get any information?
2023-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 3-5 01:22
Hi DJI Natalia,

does your answer apply to all models?
Hi, there.

Thanks for your inquiry.

For your first question:
Yes,  when your DJI drones (registered or not) were stolen, it is recommended to report the issue to the police in time.

For the second question:
Just a kind reminder that you won't get any related information if your drone was stolen.
However, you can contact us about this issue and provide the device's serial number to us so that we can contact you if the stolen drone is sent back for repair.

Hope this information helps.
2023-3-5
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-5 03:41
Hi, there.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Hi DJI Natalia,

is it possible that the police can locate the device by the transponder signal?

And I do not think that a stolen drone will be sent back for repair or maintenance.

2023-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 3-5 11:03
Hi DJI Natalia,

is it possible that the police can locate the device by the transponder signal?

Thanks for your reply.
For user privacy and data security consideration, DJI will not and cannot position the aircraft in real-time. If you meet such problems, you can call the police and send us a PM with the related information about your drone.  
Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-6
Use props
Sparkwon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11412953 ft
United States

The police have been defunded
2023-3-9
Use props
T777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 623 ft
United States

My mini 2 was also stolen from my car! learn more: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=288202
2023-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules