OM6 not supporting Sony Xperia 1 phones
4304 17 2023-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0sm071c
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

I just buyed the OM6, eager to use it with my Xperia 1 III. In Mimo App for a brief time I was able to record in 4k. Unfortunately this was a one time thing. Since then just 1080p30 is the max. After chatting with the support and looking into the supported device list it turned out that Sony Xperia phones are not supported at all. That's unfortunate and I'm now regretting buying the OM6 (which is overall a superb tool). Since the Xperia devices are crying to be used for filming (especially with the 120 fps) there's no option to switch phones (I rather buy the upcoming 1 V). Please make Sony phones compatible - if that would be possible in the next few months, that would be awesome!
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We value customers who provide their feedback. Rest assured that we'll communicate it with the respective team for its potential. We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2023-2-7
Use props
0sm071c
lvl.1
Germany

So, there could be the possibility to use Mimo App in 4k?
2023-2-8
Use props
Don Dom Jan
New

Germany

to date it is not possible to use the Mobile 6 with the Sony 1 IV. What should I do with 1080p and 30 frames? I also have to use the DJI app to run the gimbal. Shame DJI. I expected more
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_rUxyCQgdGl3a
New

Germany

Hi @DJIDIANA. Any news on that?
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_rUxyCQgdGl3a Posted at 7-10 15:13
Hi @DJIDIANA. Any news on that?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, we haven't received an update regarding the said request. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_S5KL1rCsuqje
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-23 23:32
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, we haven't received an update regarding the said request. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Yes please, it's such a shame it's not supporting my Sony Xperia 1V.
Is there any plan DJI will update this? If not I may just return my Osmo 6.
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_S5KL1rCsuqje Posted at 7-30 03:33
Yes please, it's such a shame it's not supporting my Sony Xperia 1V.
Is there any plan DJI will update this? If not I may just return my Osmo 6.

Thank you for your response. We don't have any information if this will be added to the compatible list but we will make sure to send this feedback of yours to our relevant team. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-7-31
Use props
LeeTronix
New

United Kingdom

I find it ridiculous they do not make it compatible with the xperia phones.  I did manage to get the OM 5 working on my 1 mk 3 but now it has the app removed from the playstore for it.  I now own the 1 v and obviously that is not going to happen with the OM 5 or 6.
2023-7-31
Use props
LeeTronix
New

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2-7 14:29
We value customers who provide their feedback. Rest assured that we'll communicate it with the respective team for its potential. We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you for choosing DJI.

So does DJI not deliberately wish to support the Xperia phones because of their own grip stick and separate monitor vlogging system, as it absolutely makes zero sense or seems beyond petty to exclude Sony???
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

LeeTronix Posted at 7-31 17:58
So does DJI not deliberately wish to support the Xperia phones because of their own grip stick and separate monitor vlogging system, as it absolutely makes zero sense or seems beyond petty to exclude Sony???

Hello there! The company did take this into consideration, and please know that this concern has already been reported to the relevant team to be handled. Please stay tuned to our official website for any updates.
2023-8-1
Use props
Jeffrey Wang
New

Taiwan

I am really surprised that DJI doesn't support SONY Xperia, it really cannot be imaged, really a shame.
2023-8-20
Use props
djiuser_GxNbmguwwEED
New

Greece

Please support Xperia 1 V. I just bought the phone and was so disappointed that my Osmo Mobile SE doesn't support it.
2023-8-23
Use props
djiuser_0VXrVqXGzxip
New

Finland

Please add support for Sony Xperia V. I just bought OM6, because everyone recommended it.
2023-9-25
Use props
djiuser_vCzU7c3gXcXl
lvl.1

Sweden

Please add support to Sony Xperia 1 v compatible to Osmo mobil 6
2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_6ya8qgnoPBeg
lvl.1

Czechia

Hello, is there any update for Xperia phones? I have a Sony Xperia 5 IV and I am not able to shoot in 4K. Every support member keeps saying that they are passing the feedback to other teams but we never get any update. I have a month to return the gimbal so that's what I'm gonna do because it is unusable with my phone. What a shame.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_6ya8qgnoPBeg Posted at 12-26 03:16
Hello, is there any update for Xperia phones? I have a Sony Xperia 5 IV and I am not able to shoot in 4K. Every support member keeps saying that they are passing the feedback to other teams but we never get any update. I have a month to return the gimbal so that's what I'm gonna do because it is unusable with my phone. What a shame.

Hi there. We understand the inconvenience. Your feedback and requests will undergo evaluation first. Any updates will be announced officially from this forum or the DJI Official website. Rest assured we will continue submitting your feedback to the related department for awareness. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-12-26
Use props
ChekoNoDK
lvl.1

Czechia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 03:35
Hi there. We understand the inconvenience. Your feedback and requests will undergo evaluation first. Any updates will be announced officially from this forum or the DJI Official website. Rest assured we will continue submitting your feedback to the related department for awareness. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

I appreciate it but that is just not enough. I've already paid for the product so I assume it will work.

I've returned it and bought a gimbal from a different company. Their app does not have any problems with my phone and there is no compatibility list. My phone just needs to be made after 2016. Also I'm able to download it from the Play Store.
DJI should really get these things sorted. At least make the 4K option available and let me find out myself if it's stable or not.
2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules