DJI Avata + FPV controller not connecting
1478 9 2023-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GcaShots
lvl.1
Australia

Hello Guys,

I bought a Avata last year with the motion controller, and had them working fine.
I recently received the FPV controller which I have tried to connect to my Avata via the app, whitout luck, I have also tried pressing the on/off buttom for 4sec to try manually connect them and the app still does not recognize it. I have tried the DJI virtual flight app as well, and initially it did not recognise but then it did and I could use all the buttons but the Joystick, I can go onto the DJI virtual Flight start a map, and all the buttons will work like moving the camera up and down, but joysticks wont, and when I try to fly the Avata with the controller, then it does not work at all. I have updated the Avata firmware to the latest. I have tried to update the controller firmware or even check if its up to date however my Mac does not support the DJI assistant 2. I am running out of options to connect my fpv controller do the drone and to the app.

Best Regards
Gabriel
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Gabriel. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please verify which remote controller you're pertaining to? Is it the DJI FPV Remote Controller or DJI FPV Remote Controller 2? Also, what kind of system does your Mac has and what version of Assistant 2 did you try installing?
2023-2-7
Use props
GcaShots
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-7 21:14
Hi, Gabriel. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please verify which remote controller you're pertaining to? Is it the DJI FPV Remote Controller or DJI FPV Remote Controller 2? Also, what kind of system does your Mac has and what version of Assistant 2 did you try installing?
Hello Gamora,

Its the fpv controller 2, and my mac os is over mejave 11. Im not sure the version of assistant 2, was the one i found on DJI website
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GcaShots Posted at 2-8 22:01
Hello Gamora,

Its the fpv controller 2, and my mac os is over mejave 11. Im not sure the version of assistant 2, was the one i found on DJI website

Hi, Gabriel. Thank you for the response. Since it is newly purchased, the firmware version of the brand new DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 is earlier and the remote controller is not activated. Therefore, activation and firmware updates are required first before linking. Please follow the procedure below on how to activate and update the RC:
Activating DJI FPV Remote Controller 2
1. Use DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to update the firmware of the remote controller to the latest version. Download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series.
2. After the firmware is updated to the latest version, use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to activate the remote controller. Download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series.

Then proceed with linking by following this video (please note that the video shows the DJI Motion Controller but it has the same linking method with DJI FPV Remote Controller 2):  https://cdn.djivideos.com/watch/ ... 36bd37606.jpg@!1200).

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-11
Use props
GcaShots
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you so much Gamora, I ended up installing the windows version on a friend’s computer and updated the controller firmware and it worked.

Best Regards
Gabriel
2023-2-15
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a issue where I couldn't get the FPV controller 2 not connecting to the AVATA.  I went to update the controller using DJI Assistant on my PC and my PC wouldn't recognize the controller using USB C to USB C.  I had to use USB A to USB C to get it to update.  the motion controller and the AVATA and Goggles 2 update just fine using USB C to USB C.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GcaShots Posted at 2-15 18:04
Thank you so much Gamora, I ended up installing the windows version on a friend’s computer and updated the controller firmware and it worked.

Best Regards

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Again, sorry for the late response. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BladeZ Posted at 2-20 22:39
I had a issue where I couldn't get the FPV controller 2 not connecting to the AVATA.  I went to update the controller using DJI Assistant on my PC and my PC wouldn't recognize the controller using USB C to USB C.  I had to use USB A to USB C to get it to update.  the motion controller and the AVATA and Goggles 2 update just fine using USB C to USB C.

Hi, BladeZ. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experienced before and we appreciate you for sharing how you troubleshoot the issue. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-21
Use props
Mauriciourrutia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 790915 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Ha I no me funciona y no me conecta y lo echo. Con dji asistente
2023-4-5
Use props
Mauriciourrutia
lvl.1