863 16 2023-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Suren my friend. Dont feel bad. Today was my day.
Today I took my Kayak decided to find those alligators and wiildlife on a private property I start recording and everything went exellent until...
I was recording an alligator following with some distance and the drone suddently drifted to the rigth hitting a tree and crashing to the water. I went quickly to recover the drone but...Losted.

The drone was in normal mode APAS on Bypass.

I recovered the video from the cache of my DJI RC PRO and uploaded.

2023-2-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nooooooooo mate, I am so sorry for that. Don't even try to recover it in that waters, too dangerous. I am curious as to why it drifted on its own and the sensor did not pick up the tree at its side. Maybe this can be a warranty claim.
2023-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bet the alligator ate it after it crashed.  
2023-2-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Bad luck, sorry for your loss of a great drone.

If you like upload your flightlog, mayby log will explain why it suddenly drifted to the right.

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2023-2-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agh! Disaster.  No way you'll be able to recover that.  An expensive bit(e) of film, if the aligator ate the drone. (Sorry)
2023-2-9
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 2-9 01:31
Hi,

Bad luck, sorry for your loss of a great drone.

Check your PM
2023-2-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch.  That sucks man.  Well, maybe the alligator will tear into it and write the SDK?
2023-2-9
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I hope they hear you !!
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the accident with the drone. We recommend you submit a Flyaway Report if the drone cannot be recovered, or contact our Customer Support directly to discuss the process. You may request a Data Analysis be performed to determine the cause of the crash. Warranty service can be applied depending on the analysis result and the warranty status. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Take care.
2023-2-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ouch.
That is sad to see.
2023-2-10
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-9 21:10
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the accident with the drone. We recommend you submit a Flyaway Report if the drone cannot be recovered, or contact our Customer Support directly to discuss the process. You may request a Data Analysis be performed to determine the cause of the crash. Warranty service can be applied depending on the analysis result and the warranty status. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Take care.

Tony thank you very much for your input. I already submitted the flyaway report from the DJI App an also contacted DJI Zuru
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-10 05:29
Tony thank you very much for your input. I already submitted the flyaway report from the DJI App an also contacted DJI Zuru

You are most welcome. We hope the whole process goes well for you. Have a nice day!
2023-2-13
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@dji Tony,
I am very happy with the DJI resolution on my case. The new drone is on the way. Thank you !!!!
2023-2-13
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi ZeuS,

Sorry to hear you lost your drone. I think those bare branches without leaves make it very difficult to see them by vision sensors. I had Skydio 2 crash while following me riding my bicycle and it was because it hit one of those bare branches. Luckily I recovered the drone as it wasn't far up and they fixed for me , but they charged me because they explicitly say it in the warranty that they don't cover bare tree branches with no leaves and power lines. And when I spoke to them on the phone multiple times they told me the most dangerous enemy for any drone today are power lines and those bare thin branches that have no leaves. It seems in your case the drone also hit such a branch. Good luck with your new drone, it's great DJI offers us Care refresh that covers accidents, glad you got it replaced.

Take care, Mike.
2023-2-14
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I need to thank @JJB. With his software, he help me analyze the flying log and found malfunctions that I had to point to DJI since in the first analysis they blame me 100%. After a point the independent analysis they took responsibility and offer me a better deal that save me tons of money. I am buying the software. Will be the best $25 invested and I encourage the users to get it.
FRAP   

https://forum.dji.com/thread-203659-1-1.html
2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-13 23:42
@dji Tony,
I am very happy with the DJI resolution on my case. The new drone is on the way. Thank you !!!!

That's great news! We're glad your case has been resolved, and you were given a satisfactory result. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Stay safe.
2023-2-15
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Your post well be deleted in no time @Faraon23.
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules