481 4 2023-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cycloholic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1514948 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Question 24, 25, 30 or 60 fps and why?(for normal video recording not for slow mo)
Also, is there any recomended lut to use with m3p?
2023-2-9
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

25 or 30 depends where you live. If you live in a PAL or NTSC region because video could get some flicker with some artificial lights .
24 for cinema like, but video could be scattered if you don't use the 180 degrees rule
60, I don't like at all. Too smooth for my taste.
30 fps is the web standard however
2023-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I like 4k30,   I just pref the detail it captures.     But many like to film faster so they can slow the footage down and make it feel smoother.
2023-2-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Really does depend on your subject and what your output format is.

Higher frame rates are useful for faster motion and will produce less stuttering.  Can also be used to produce smoother slow motion shots.

25/30 were the old style TV frame rates for world and USA regions.  You can get flickering of artificial lights if you pick the wrong one here (50 or 60hz mains).

24 is "cinematic" although in reality there's no different at all anyone can see between 24 and 25.

If following the 180 rule then you need more light for the higher shutterspeeds required for 60fps.  On the other hand, if you have low light then the lower FPS are going to work out better as they need a stop or so less on the shutter to provide the blur.

A LUT is a colour correction layer to produce more accurate colours and contrast from Log footage.  D-Cinelink is sort of similar.  That said, Cinelike is seconds to correct just using curves.  Its not log.
2023-2-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I usually shoot 50fps (PAL area).
So I can slow it down to 25 for more 'smooth' footage
2023-2-10
Use props
Advanced