Mini 3 sharpness setting available?
12Next >
5291 68 2023-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_emyzN2ZOh8B7
lvl.2
Indonesia

Does the Mini 3 (not pro) also provides the option to adjust sharpness setting for video?
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. DJI Mini 3 uses the DJI Fly app. The app currently does not have sharpness adjustment settings. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will forward your feedback to our related team. Alternatively, you may adjust the sharpness through post-processing.  Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-2-9
Use props
Voidvortex
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-9 20:05
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. DJI Mini 3 uses the DJI Fly app. The app currently does not have sharpness adjustment settings. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will forward your feedback to our related team. Alternatively, you may adjust the sharpness through post-processing.  Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

So the DJi Mini 3 PRO has a sharpness and noise reduction setting.
The Mini 3 does not have this setting?
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Voidvortex Posted at 2-10 06:03
So the DJi Mini 3 PRO has a sharpness and noise reduction setting.
The Mini 3 does not have this setting?

Yes, the DJI Mini 3 Pro already has sharpness and noise reduction settings. However, the DJI Mini 3 does not have it. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We'll forward your feedback to our designated team for attention. Please let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries. Have a nice day.
2023-2-13
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 23:06
Yes, the DJI Mini 3 Pro already has sharpness and noise reduction settings. However, the DJI Mini 3 does not have it. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We'll forward your feedback to our designated team for attention. Please let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries. Have a nice day.

Yes! Exactly my problem with 1 week old Mini 3.
2.7k or 4k videos are too much sharpened i see artifacts, aliasing.
I think about returning to seller JUST because of this. Everything is fine
just this effect is not acceptable to my videos.
BUT if there is more than 0% chance that we can lower sharpness with
future firmwares, i dont send it back and hope!

DJI Tony: Please talk to devs about this! Add a slider just like on Pro, or lower the sharpness a little bit!
Can't be so hard.

Many thanks!
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

relaxosmo Posted at 4-7 22:02
Yes! Exactly my problem with 1 week old Mini 3.
2.7k or 4k videos are too much sharpened i see artifacts, aliasing.
I think about returning to seller JUST because of this. Everything is fine

We understand and again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Your request has been recorded and will forwarded to the related team. Please note that all suggestions are important, and they're carefully considered and evaluated. We appreciate your continued understanding and interest in DJI Products. Have a nice day!
2023-4-8
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

Thank you Tony, can't wait for lower sharpness!
Have a great day
2023-4-10
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

Para el mini 3 faltaría poder ajustar como mínimo la nitidez, la que trae actualmente es demasiado nítido.
por favor añadan ajustes de nitidez. Gracias
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

relaxosmo Posted at 4-10 22:09
Thank you Tony, can't wait for lower sharpness!
Have a great day

You are most welcome, and apologies for the delayed response. We hope this can be added in future updates. Happy flying!
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Roberto Piko Posted at 4-24 02:44
Para el mini 3 faltaría poder ajustar como mínimo la nitidez, la que trae actualmente es demasiado nítido.
por favor añadan ajustes de nitidez. Gracias

Hi, Roberto Piko. Thanks for the added suggestions. We'll also have this forwarded to the designated team.  Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the related team. For the latest updates on DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Have a nice day!
2023-4-24
Use props
markusrytilahti
New

Sweden

Please add the sharpness and noise settings from the Pro to the Dji mini 3. The default settings of sharpness is way off. To much sharpness.
2023-5-19
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

Any news?
It's was oversharpened
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

relaxosmo Posted at 6-1 23:00
Any news?
It's was oversharpened

Hi there. We're sorry, but we have not received any updates as of writing. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please continue to stay tuned for new updates in the DJI website (www.dji.com).
2023-6-3
Use props
fansa4f1db29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10922 ft

Serbia

Oversharpened.
4k video is unusable .
Shame on you dji.
Wasted money.
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansa4f1db29 Posted at 6-3 07:50
Oversharpened.
4k video is unusable .
Shame on you dji.

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Can you upload a sample video on this link so we may check it further for you? Thank you.
2023-6-4
Use props
fansa4f1db29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10922 ft

Serbia

It will be my pleasure to record a new commercial for you.  It will be named : ND wont help you.

Where fans will be able to enjoy an over-sharpened "cinnelike" movie with anti-aliasing moirés, and added flickering special effects. It will be free for you.

2023-6-5
Use props
chizheffsky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 857828 ft
Serbia

Please add sharpness settings. By default, the picture is terrible. In the city, all windows, stairs and roofs are covered with strong moiré.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

chizheffsky Posted at 8-13 02:29
Please add sharpness settings. By default, the picture is terrible. In the city, all windows, stairs and roofs are covered with strong moiré.

Hi there, Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-8-13
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

August.. Almost end of summer and still  nothing? How long should we wait?
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

relaxosmo Posted at 8-17 22:21
August.. Almost end of summer and still  nothing? How long should we wait?

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. It was already referred to our designated. However, it needs to undergo evaluation first. It will be announced officially from the DJI official website once approved. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-18
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

i hope it wont be too late
2023-8-19
Use props
fans3d254caa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 572808 ft
Germany

Same here. Did a lot of videos during my last holiday. But viewing them on a larger Tv is really disappointing.
Fine structures like roofs or fields are flickering terrible.
Adding a soft focus in post helps a bit.
But adjusting the sharpness BEFORE recording is really missing!

Pls add this feature to this nice drone.
Probably this feature is easy to add since the pro can do it having same camera.
2023-8-24
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

Yes, i think they only have to make this change:
sharpen.video(16)   ->    sharpen.video(8)

lol
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans3d254caa Posted at 8-24 10:51
Same here. Did a lot of videos during my last holiday. But viewing them on a larger Tv is really disappointing.
Fine structures like roofs or fields are flickering terrible.
Adding a soft focus in post helps a bit.

We appreciate your feedback. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

relaxosmo Posted at 8-19 10:35
i hope it wont be too late

We understand the importance of this feature. Please be assured that we are taking notes of every request. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-8-25
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

With HDR not being standard HDR, and sharpness being non adjustable( oversharpened) my Mini 3 seems like a downgrade from my previous mini 2. Please enable the sharpness adjusting feature, thank you!
2023-8-31
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

exactly, why i still have my Mini2!!!!!
2023-9-2
Use props
fans898d810d
New
Flight distance : 176417 ft
United States

This may be a question no one can answer but an opinion would be helpful. I am about to buy one of the mini series. Does anyone think DJI will eventually give in and allow sharpness/denoise on mini 3?

Reason I ask,  dont like the oversharpened footage and don't want to pay the price for the pro version. If I have to go with a drone that locks this function I'd rather choose one that sharpens the less which, to me, would be the Mini 2. For me the footage means more than any new option or bells & whistles available.

Even though mini 3 may be better low light & shadows, I think the processing is more aggressive than mini 2. I think mini 2 4k has a better realism. I've never enjoyed my Mini 1 footage because 2.7 is too sharp. I have a Phantom 3 Adv that gives the freedom of adjustment but have had a low appeal experience with mini 1.

Curious to others thoughts before I buy one.
2023-9-21
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

Stay with Mini2 just like me
I dont think DJI will add sharpness settings to the Mini 3
2023-9-25
Use props
kiwibirdegg
lvl.1

Singapore

Guys, do any of you here own a Mini 3 Pro or 4 Pro? How terrible is their artifacts, aliasing and moire effect compared to the Mavic Mini 3?

Reason I am asking is because I believe they share the same sensors/imaging tech (if i recall correctly) and if this is the kind of quality coming out of Mini 3, I dont think I will be making any purchase on the mini series anytime until they get at least on par with the previous generation of the heavier models..

But I am also aware that this could just be a software limitation too. But still, suck to know that they nerfed it so much that even my 5 years old Mavic Air is doing better.

Are YouTubers being paid a lot to market this as "the best beginner drone"?
2023-11-21
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

kiwibirdegg Posted at 11-21 08:18
Guys, do any of you here own a Mini 3 Pro or 4 Pro? How terrible is their artifacts, aliasing and moire effect compared to the Mavic Mini 3?

Reason I am asking is because I believe they share the same sensors/imaging tech (if i recall correctly) and if this is the kind of quality coming out of Mini 3, I dont think I will be making any purchase on the mini series anytime until they get at least on par with the previous generation of the heavier models..

The Mini 3 Pro does have adjustable sharpness setting, unlike the standard Mini 3.
The default value is 0, so you can adjust both up and down for more or less sharpening as you prefer.
I presume the M4P has this also, can an owner confirm?
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_rMFgsxOcPgl3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2883934 ft
Brazil

It's a shame they limit this feature in the Mini3 and generate super sharp images that are useless
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_rMFgsxOcPgl3 Posted at 11-26 06:59
It's a shame they limit this feature in the Mini3 and generate super sharp images that are useless

Sorry about the inconvenience. I will forward this feedback to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-27
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

When? When!? We wait since months!!
Can't be so hard if m3pro already support this.
My winter wonderland videos are useless, so much sharpening hurt everybody's eyes!
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

relaxosmo Posted at 12-4 06:00
When? When!? We wait since months!!
Can't be so hard if m3pro already support this.
My winter wonderland videos are useless, so much sharpening hurt everybody's eyes!

Hello there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-12-5
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

But any response from devs?

Why they don't made it yet?
Can we expect in future?
Any ETA?

I like to hear some voice.
2023-12-5
Use props
BennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208753 ft

Slovenia

I think we can forget about that feature
2023-12-5
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

yes, dji won, i ordered the pro just because the lack of sharpness settings in my mini3
great marketing
2023-12-6
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

Well, meanwhile, there's the ol' vaseline trick.. ;)
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

relaxosmo Posted at 12-5 10:40
But any response from devs?

Why they don't made it yet?

Hi, there.  We truly understand the importance of this feature being available in the DJI Mini 3. However, It's unfortunate to inform you that there's no latest news related to this suggested feature. Rest assured that we continuously communicating with our relevant team regarding related requests for this aircraft model. We thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules