1183 5 2023-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Planet_Earth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10853 ft
United States

Mavic 2 Pro

A few months back my drone got caught in a tree for a month or so.

Eventually it fell and was able to be retrieved.

Some impact damage to the gimbal/camera suspension and at least two of the gimbal motors (pitch and roll).

After inspection and cleaning, drone turned on just fine and went through the boot-up sequence without issues, but afterwards the roll and pitch motor would go limp. Camera worked fine and the yaw motor could still function.

Order a used camera suite (in case I got lucky and could salvage parts), a new roll arm, camera housing with pitch motor, yaw arm w/yaw and roll motors, and suspension housing.

Tried the used camera suite, and though it booted without issues, one of the motors was damaged as well.

Replaced everything with the new parts ordered.

Camera works, but gimbal motors are completely unresponsive and the gimbal option doesn't show up in the DJI Phone App either. The motors do not hang lose nor do they appear to be damaged, but the drone doesn't appear to notice their existence and there are no warnings showing in the app. During boot the drone clicks as if checking the gimbal, but the gimbal doesn't move.

I've tried two different camera/gimbal cables and both functioned before replacing the motors (and both still transmit video/pictures, but no gimbal functionality).

I've tried calibrating/updating via DJI Assistant and DJI Firmware Tools, but still the gimbal isn't recognized by the drone.

There isn't an option for a factory reset for the Mavic 2 Pro.

I'm at a lose here. Any experience? Any advice?

2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we do not recommend that you repair the drone on your own, which may cause safety issues. You may need to submit a case through the link below and send it back for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-2-9
Use props
Planet_Earth
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-9 19:26
Hi there, we do not recommend that you repair the drone on your own, which may cause safety issues. You may need to submit a case through the link below and send it back for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support

Thank you for your concern DJI Mindy.

Do you have another suggestion that could help resolve my issue?
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Planet_Earth Posted at 2-9 19:55
Thank you for your concern DJI Mindy.

Do you have another suggestion that could help resolve my issue?

Since you've already replaced the gimbal on your own, in this case, we can only recommend you send it back for further diagnosis and repair.
2023-2-9
Use props
Planet_Earth
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-9 20:24
Since you've already replaced the gimbal on your own, in this case, we can only recommend you send it back for further diagnosis and repair.

I will keep that in mind as an option, and do you know of another means to resolve my situation?
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Planet_Earth Posted at 2-9 20:26
I will keep that in mind as an option, and do you know of another means to resolve my situation?

Sorry, in this case, we have no other suggestions for you at the moment. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules