Query re Quickshots and Mastershots length!
1199 3 2023-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_alvin_
lvl.2

Australia

Hi,
I'm still a newbie at flying this thing, but have managed to master an important 360 deg tracking shot on my DM3P, but I'm still totally crap at creating and flying 'great looking' controlled shots from the joysticks.
So... in the meantime while learning to do this, I've let the Quickshots and Mastershots have a go at some important items I'm shooting, but... to my dismay, as good as the execution of these shots are by the pre-programmed software, both the start and the end of each shot is waaaaay too short!
What I mean is, if you're going to record a speccy shot, then you need to leave some time to breathe at the begining and the end so you can transition to another shot.

At the moment the pre-programmed shots start and end as soon as they are initiated, leaving no room for say a dissolve or fade, etc, particularly the end/final frame.

Is there some way of extending the time on the start and end of these pre-programmed shots, so the camera settles and holds that frame a little longer???

2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, _alvin_. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your experience. Regretfully, there's no function to extend the start and end time of Intelligent flight modes of DJI Mini 3 Pro but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-2-12
Use props
_alvin_
lvl.2

Australia

Thank you for your quick reply here.
Yes, being an ex-TV producer, the usual problems when shooting segments was that the editor always needed some pause time at the beginning and end of a shot, to allow for a transition, or even just to give the shot some room to settle and breathe!

On using any of the pre-programmed shots on this drone, this just does not happen, and I find that very strange, considering that most of the master/quickshots are actually there to give a powerful and breathtaking sweep of a shot. To then bizarrely and instantly cut this shot off as soon as it gets to the end, I believe is at odds with the whole concept of these moves!

I would have thought either a  3 - 5 second hold could have been allowed as a standard in the software, or possibly a simple choice in the menu of 1, 3 or 5 sec to choose from when doing these  shots would be a real benefit.

I do hope this feedback is taken on board, as it seems counter intuitive/productive to what is in fact a very powerful and clever addition that this drone allows for out-of-the-box.
2023-2-12
Use props
vikramdronefly
New

United States

Is this feature available to extend the quick shot time to from 15 seconds to 30 or 60 seconds?
that will be better to run with hyperlapse too
2023-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules