2231 13 2023-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

Hi,
  I’ve got 2 of the 3 mavic 2 pro batteries that came in my fly more combo that have swelled up to the point where they are hard to get them to properly latch into the drone anymore.  One has 64 charges and is
SN OP2AF8353400VJ. The other has  57 charges and is SN OP2AF83534011V.  The last has 62 charges and is SN OP2AF8G53403QP. The last one hasn’t swelled yet but am expecting it to at some point.  All the batteries have been flown properly and  never abused and always used dji charging equipment.The two  swelled batteries I don’t feel like is safe to fly anymore. How do I go about getting warranty replacements on these defective batteries? Thanks!
image.jpg
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Cmartin3977. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about what happened to your batteries.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at [https://www.dji.com/support]. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please dont fly with swollen batteries,  they tend to swell more when they get warm and will eject themselves from the drone.     It's been a common issue over the last few years.  
2023-2-12
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I followed the instructions to return defective mavic 2 Pro batteries. The process was close to painless. And the replacement was quick.
2023-2-12
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-11 19:00
Hi, Cmartin3977. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about what happened to your batteries.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support[/url]. Thank you for your kind understanding.
I will make an inquiry into getting them replaced, they are well over the 15 day warranty, however upon reading up , it sounds like they might be related to the bad batch of batteries that dji has had.  Will they be replaced free of charge if they are related to the bad battery issue but over the 15day warranty period?
2023-2-12
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

Marty Markoe Posted at 2-12 06:07
I followed the instructions to return defective mavic 2 Pro batteries. The process was close to painless. And the replacement was quick.

Is there a separate form to fill out just for those batteries?
2023-2-12
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-12 00:19
Please dont fly with swollen batteries,  they tend to swell more when they get warm and will eject themselves from the drone.     It's been a common issue over the last few years.

That’s what I have been reading,  my last flight with one,  the battery partially ejected itself, but was still in contact with the drone enough to fly.
2023-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2-12 06:31
That’s what I have been reading,  my last flight with one,  the battery partially ejected itself, but was still in contact with the drone enough to fly.

There's been a number of cases of lost drones for batteries coming loose,   it's really not worth loosing the drone let alone a potential accident.  
2023-2-12
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-12 07:57
There's been a number of cases of lost drones for batteries coming loose,   it's really not worth loosing the drone let alone a potential accident.

No I don’t believe it is either.
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2-12 06:15
I will make an inquiry into getting them replaced, they are well over the 15 day warranty, however upon reading up , it sounds like they might be related to the bad batch of batteries that dji has had.  Will they be replaced free of charge if they are related to the bad battery issue but over the 15day warranty period?

Hi, Cmartin3977.  Thank you for the reply. Please contact our support for warranty concerns, here's the link:[https://www.dji.com/support]. Thank you.
2023-2-14
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2-12 06:15

What is this 15 day warranty then? I understood that there was at least 6 month warranty on batteries!
2023-2-14
Use props
djiuser_kKpWlNAnI3D3
New

United States

I have the same issue with some DJI batteries that were only charged four or five cycles, only with the DJI charger and stored properly in a case. All three of them are swollen and not safe to use. They are past their warranty, but seems like a manufacturing defect if all three of them have the same issue. Will DJI do anything about this?
4-24 10:11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_kKpWlNAnI3D3 Posted at 4-24 10:11
I have the same issue with some DJI batteries that were only charged four or five cycles, only with the DJI charger and stored properly in a case. All three of them are swollen and not safe to use. They are past their warranty, but seems like a manufacturing defect if all three of them have the same issue. Will DJI do anything about this?

Hi djiuser_kKpWlNAnI3D3. Thank you for sharing your concern. We are very sorry for the issue you experienced. Please provide us photos or videos with clearly visible inflation and the serial number of your batteries to further check. Please place the battery (the battery mark side down) on a flat surface (table, etc.). Then press on the four corners of the battery to see if it wobbles. You may send it to us via direct message or contact our support team via https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Thank you for your cooperation.
4-24 13:51
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_kKpWlNAnI3D3 Posted at 4-24 10:11
I have the same issue with some DJI batteries that were only charged four or five cycles, only with the DJI charger and stored properly in a case. All three of them are swollen and not safe to use. They are past their warranty, but seems like a manufacturing defect if all three of them have the same issue. Will DJI do anything about this?

It was my experience DJI remedied the situation even past the warranty expiration date.
4-25 03:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules