Is the mini 2 not only a hot drone figuratively?
1669 7 2023-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

I think the mini 2 is a hot little drone to be sure, however, I wonder if it not only is such figuratively but literally? You see, I've noticed with just a pre-flight routine such as checking for firmware updates etc that the drone itself gets rather hot to the touch. Is this normal and does any such heat dissipate once the drone is airborne?

2023-2-11
Use props
djiuser_COOJjUUTBhi0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152661 ft
Canada

Hi GT2022, mine does the same.  During flight it remains relatively cool.  
2023-2-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are leaving the drone powered on, but not flying, for long periods direct the output of a fan over it, from the side is best I think.
2023-2-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does not have a fan to keep it cool on the ground.  You can use a small fan and keep it cool when doing things such as updates.  In the air, it is air cooled.  
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. The DJI Mini 2 aircraft does not have a built-in fan. After it is powered on for a period of time on the ground, this overheating error is triggered in the app. Please power off the aircraft and let it stand still for a period of time. This prompt will disappear after it cools down. During a normal flight, the "Aircraft Overheated" warning will not be triggered. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-11
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-11 19:34
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. The DJI Mini 2 aircraft does not have a built-in fan. After it is powered on for a period of time on the ground, this overheating error is triggered in the app. Please power off the aircraft and let it stand still for a period of time. This prompt will disappear after it cools down. During a normal flight, the "Aircraft Overheated" warning will not be triggered. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

No Paladin, no inconvenience experienced. You see there was no overheating warning raised but rather I was just a little concerned that when I'd finished checking for firmware and had no intention of flying that when I shutdown and picked up the unit it was quite hot. However, as fellow pilots have mentioned in this thread, it appears to be quite normal. I like the suggestion to blow a fan on the unit for any extended on-ground operation and that's something I will keep in mind going forward. Thanks.
2023-2-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's quite normal.  Since the Mini 2 has no internal fan to keep it cool.  When updating firmware I use an external fan blowing on the mini 2 to keep it cool.  I have never had any overheating issues while flying.  
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GT2022 Posted at 2-11 19:48
No Paladin, no inconvenience experienced. You see there was no overheating warning raised but rather I was just a little concerned that when I'd finished checking for firmware and had no intention of flying that when I shutdown and picked up the unit it was quite hot. However, as fellow pilots have mentioned in this thread, it appears to be quite normal. I like the suggestion to blow a fan on the unit for any extended on-ground operation and that's something I will keep in mind going forward. Thanks.

We appreciate your kind response. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. We are more than happy to help. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
2023-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules