2.4 ghz unstable signal on latest verison
2559 15 2023-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6992949 ft
Philippines

Last january 23 i flew my drone without any issues, then at feb 2 i flew it again. I notice the signal was getting weaker after 100 meters, at 500 meters it was hovering around 1 - 2 bars of signal, video feed was lower in quality and freezes had to return it back home. This all happens without obstacles very minimal signal congestion. I remember updating the drone last january and i suspect that is the cause, my rc controller was also up to date.
Screenshot_2023-02-12-09-30-17-955_dji.go.v5.jpg
Screenshot_2023-02-12-09-30-29-025_dji.go.v5.jpg
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you fly the unit to the same location and experience the said issue? Kindly please try to fly the unit to a different location with an open space away from any possible interference and see if the issue persists. You may try to check the DJI Fly app to see if there's an available update. You may refer to the tutorial steps below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-2-11
Use props
djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6
lvl.2
Philippines

Flew it multiple times on the same location on different days up until now but the signal remains an issue. Last 5th of February i flew it 60km away on a mountainous area far from where i experience issues but still the signal is abnormally weak. Here i have a screenshot from todays flight from dji fly, I don't know why it is still full bar of signal but on the live feed its just 1 bar of signal and the rc is facing the drone with no obstacles in between.
IMG_20230212_123939.jpg
2023-2-11
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175449 ft
Poland

djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6 Posted at 2-11 20:32
Flew it multiple times on the same location on different days up until now but the signal remains an issue. Last 5th of February i flew it 60km away on a mountainous area far from where i experience issues but still the signal is abnormally weak. Here i have a screenshot from todays flight from dji fly, I don't know why it is still full bar of signal but on the live feed its just 1 bar of signal and the rc is facing the drone with no obstacles in between.

Did you fly with using only 2.4 or multi mode?
You can verify on 2.4 and multi mode.

btw in your home you can verify signal strange using 2.4 and 5.8 only modes when RC will be about 2 meters from the drone (on fly view, it is not needed to run engines)
2023-2-14
Use props
djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6
lvl.2
Philippines

MariuszPurwin Posted at 2-14 02:13
Did you fly with using only 2.4 or multi mode?
You can verify on 2.4 and multi mode.

Tested both modes, even if its not in the air, signal was still unstable on 2.4 ghz
2023-2-14
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6 Posted at 2-14 02:47
Tested both modes, even if its not in the air, signal was still unstable on 2.4 ghz

maybe there are many wifi routers? 2.4 is problematic due to wifi networks
2023-2-14
Use props
djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6
lvl.2
Philippines

MariuszPurwin Posted at 2-14 04:17
maybe there are many wifi routers? 2.4 is problematic due to wifi networks

Like I've said before, I've tested it on a mountainous area with zero wifi interference
2023-2-14
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6 Posted at 2-14 04:20
Like I've said before, I've tested it on a mountainous area with zero wifi interference

Did you try fly with only 5.8 ? How it looks like in your case?  
2023-2-14
Use props
djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6
lvl.2
Philippines

MariuszPurwin Posted at 2-14 04:54
Did you try fly with only 5.8 ? How it looks like in your case?

Before this issue happened i honestly never tried testing the 5.8ghz only channel, right now I can't seem to determine the difference but both have the same behavior, can't go beyond a hundred meters without drop in signal.
2023-2-14
Use props
djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-11 19:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you fly the unit to the same location and experience the said issue? Kindly please try to fly the unit to a different location with an open space away from any possible interference and see if the issue persists. You may try to check the DJI Fly app to see if there's an available update. You may refer to the tutorial steps below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxfX5zK3FfY

Hi, i need an advice on this thread.
2023-2-14
Use props
vilmarjunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488428 ft
Brazil

Amigo infelizmente estou aqui com 8 equipamentos com o mesmo problema. Todos Mini 2 e Mini SE. Depois de atualizados os clientes relatam aquecimento excessivo e depois de uns voos o mesmo agora fica perdendo sinal a poucos centímetros do rádio. Impossibilitando a voar.
Recomenda-se a troca da placa. Mais os custos disso são exorbitantes para quem infelizmente passou a garantia.
Engraçado isso acontecer depois de ultima atualização. Já peguei diversos equipamentos assim. Estou parando de recomendar a DJI aos clientes e estou me especializando na manutenção de outras marcas.
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6 Posted at 2-14 23:49
Hi, i need an advice on this thread.

Thank you for your response. The smartphone clamp of the remote controller houses the antennas. Make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft. Check the image below about setting the antenna direction properly. Additionally, 2.4/5.8 GHz wireless devices can cause interference to the signal. Please avoid high-density Wi-Fi signal sources, and consider turning off Bluetooth on your mobile devices, as well as idle Bluetooth devices. Furthermore, GPS may not work properly due to interference with the compass. Minimize interference by avoiding areas with metal, radio transmission towers, high-voltage lines, substations, and high-power electromagnetic interference equipment. If there is an error with the compass, calibrate it and try testing again. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-2-16
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-16 01:47
Thank you for your response. The smartphone clamp of the remote controller houses the antennas. Make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft. Check the image below about setting the antenna direction properly. Additionally, 2.4/5.8 GHz wireless devices can cause interference to the signal. Please avoid high-density Wi-Fi signal sources, and consider turning off Bluetooth on your mobile devices, as well as idle Bluetooth devices. Furthermore, GPS may not work properly due to interference with the compass. Minimize interference by avoiding areas with metal, radio transmission towers, high-voltage lines, substations, and high-power electromagnetic interference equipment. If there is an error with the compass, calibrate it and try testing again. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

[view_image]

Man, i guess that user @djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6 has similar problem to mine.  I had a problem with 5.8 ghz only. I sent my drone to DJI serivce and i have one new drone and remote controller and now 2.4 and 5.8 is working fine.
Distance 538m is definitely too low for 2.4 ghz.
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MariuszPurwin Posted at 2-16 02:25
Man, i guess that user @djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6 has similar problem to mine.  I had a problem with 5.8 ghz only. I sent my drone to DJI serivce and i have one new drone and remote controller and now 2.4 and 5.8 is working fine.
Distance 538m is definitely too low for 2.4 ghz.

Hello there. We appreciate your response and for sharing your experience with the unit. These troubleshooting steps could possibly rectify the issue of the customer and once the troubleshooting didn't work out, we will go to the next step. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-16
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6 Posted at 2-14 23:49
Hi, i need an advice on this thread.

Any progress with your issue? Do you have warranty or DJI care?
2023-2-20
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19819813 ft
United States

I have never reached the 10k flight distance, that is stated in the mini2 product descriptions and I have tried a number of times with spotters. at the Alcoa flats  the longest distance I have been able to get with any app is 5.7 km.
the DJIfly 1.9.4 is getting around 4.6 km before i start loosing transmission single. it does not seem to matter 2.4 or 5.8 ghz . I can only get  about 21/2 miles than I start to loose single . This  is when I tested flight distances over a 30 miles Watauga lake at 300 feet with no obstructions in front of me. or the flats in Alcoa so I think DJI over exaggerate the distance these things can fly. I have yet to reach what is stated in the product description no matter the app i have used.  
2023-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules