DJI RC-N1 not connecting to my phones/tablet
10112 21 2023-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
inthesummertime
lvl.1
Italy

I bought a mini 2, 2 years ago. Never used it and now i need it as a backup for my mini 3 pro. Tried to connect the DJI RC-N1 to my phone., phone from my wife and my tablet but no way it is recognized (android). Tried everything i found on the internet. ( USB debugging on/off etc) If i attach the DJI RC231 to the windows DJI assistance 2 program it is recognized but no update is available. (The version is old on the DJI RC-N1 ).. Can someone help me with this?  Thanks Robert

old firmware

old firmware

error message

error message
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, inthesummertime. Thank you for reaching out. Were you able to activate the DJI Mini 2 before? Please try to update first the devices using the information below.

At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website.(https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-2)
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the """"DJI Engine"""" folder, find """"defaultsettings.ini"""", then open it and change the """"0"""" to """"1"""". Please refer to the below path for Windows and Mac:
For Windows - Program Files (x86) > DJI Product > DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) > DJI Engine > , find """"defaultsettings.ini"""", then open it and change the """"0"""" to """"1"""".

For Mac: Right-click the DJI Assistant 2 software > Show Package Contents, then follow the below photo to find the defaultsettings.ini.

Please try the recommended troubleshooting steps below for the RC-N1 and phone connection (skip the step if you already performed it):

1. Please confirm if you have a protective case covering your mobile phone. If so, remove it and try connecting again.
2. Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable (from both the mobile phone and the remote controller), and wait for 10 seconds before reconnecting the USB cable. If possible, retry with another USB cable.
① Please make sure that the cable is connected to the correct port (need to use the connection port for the phone's connection) as the picture showed:

② Please plug one end of the cable in normally and upside or further checking.
3. Restart the remote controller.
4. When using an Android device, if there is a prompt, be sure to tap [OK].

When DJI Fly is being used, USB Debugging must be enabled in the mobile phone system.

Enabling “USB Debugging” with an Android device. Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to [System Settings] > [About Mobile Phone].
2. Tap “Version Number” quickly 7 to 10 times (If the mobile phone has a screen-lock password, please input the correct password in accordance with the system instructions) until the mobile phone displays: “You’re in developer mode!”
3. Search for “Development” in the [System Settings].
4. Go to [Developer Options];
5. Slide the view up and down on the page until you see the “USB Debugging” option.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-12
Use props
inthesummertime
lvl.1
Italy

Thanks for the reply
a) Were you able to activate the DJI Mini 2 before?   Never used it before. Its brand new bur 2 years old
b) change the """"0"""" to """"1"""".   Nothing changed. Does not update the firmware.

1 no protective case
2 nothing changed
3 nothing changed
4 no prtompt on phones or tablet

5 Usb debugging is enabled on phones and tablet

Nothing helped until now. Ordered a used remote controller in the hope that the problem is the controller and not the app. Strange because the controller is brandnew. Thanks
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

inthesummertime Posted at 2-13 00:50
Thanks for the reply
a) Were you able to activate the DJI Mini 2 before?   Never used it before. Its brand new bur 2 years old
b) change the """"0"""" to """"1"""".   Nothing changed. Does not update the firmware.

Hi there. We're sorry the issue remains. We sent you a PM to further discuss your concern. Kindly check at your earliest convenience. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-19
Use props
inthesummertime
lvl.1
Italy

Great. Would be a good service. I bought a used remote controller on ebay. works perfectly but it's old so it would be good if I could make my own device work. It's brand new so very weird it doesn't function. Thanks again and I will wait for the pm. Saluti Rob
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

inthesummertime Posted at 2-20 07:14
Great. Would be a good service. I bought a used remote controller on ebay. works perfectly but it's old so it would be good if I could make my own device work. It's brand new so very weird it doesn't function. Thanks again and I will wait for the pm. Saluti Rob

Hi, Rob. We already sent you a PM. Kindly check it by clicking "Personal Message." Thank you.
2023-2-20
Use props
djiuser_1FvMN5mbIMVE
New

Netherlands

Did you get it fixed?

2023-5-11
Use props
djiuser_1FvMN5mbIMVE
New

Netherlands

Hi there, i got the same problem with the rc-n1. Bought a mini 3. Doesnt regonise my samsung s21, but also no iphone. Did all the steps like above said.

Did you get it fixed?

2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_1FvMN5mbIMVE Posted at 5-11 04:54
Hi there, i got the same problem with the rc-n1. Bought a mini 3. Doesnt regonise my samsung s21, but also no iphone. Did all the steps like above said.

Did you get it fixed?

Hi there. We're sorry you're having the same errors. We'll be sending you a PM. Kindly check your inbox at your earliest convenience.
2023-5-13
Use props
djiuser_5ejBDbkIQ1Ns
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1259278 ft
Spain

Same problem here with a just purchased DJI Mini 2 SE, I followed all the points commented here but the phone does not detect nothing when the controller is connected, I tried several cables. I tried on a Samsung S23 and a Samsung S9 and an old Android tablet.
2023-7-2
Use props
Chemarytec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1259278 ft
Spain

djiuser_5ejBDbkIQ1Ns Posted at 7-2 23:33
Same problem here with a just purchased DJI Mini 2 SE, I followed all the points commented here but the phone does not detect nothing when the controller is connected, I tried several cables. I tried on a Samsung S23 and a Samsung S9 and an old Android tablet.

After spending many hours trying things and testing it on many phones I was very sure it was a hardware fault, even the drone has 1 day and it's on guaranty my engineering curiosity made my do a crazy thing, I opened the controller.
The back USB-C connector is quite hard to reach, but already checking continuity on the flex cable I noticed the GND signal was not connected, I continued with the disassembly until I managed to extract the connector PCB and see the poor manufacturing job done on the soldering of the cable, there was an space between the GND pin of the flex cable and the PCB, I don't know how this has passed any quality control.
After applying a little of solder it's working perfectly on all my mobile devices.
I have to say that I don't recommend this solution to anybody, you should rely on warranty, but I was bored of waiting for customer support to call me back and probably I would have had to send my new never used device to repair for an known amount of time or have it replaced and lose the money of the already printed ID labels mandatory where I live.

2023-7-3
Use props
djiuser_iFa5wkFeKUg0
New

Spain

Hi!  I'm having the same issues. My phone connected 2 weeks ago perfectly but then got a home update and isn't working again. I had to install dji fly in my girlfriend's phone and it works. I've tried all the solutions on this thread with my phone but nothing works. Could you please send additional troubleshooting? It's a OnePlus 9. Thanks
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_iFa5wkFeKUg0 Posted at 8-13 02:11
Hi!  I'm having the same issues. My phone connected 2 weeks ago perfectly but then got a home update and isn't working again. I had to install dji fly in my girlfriend's phone and it works. I've tried all the solutions on this thread with my phone but nothing works. Could you please send additional troubleshooting? It's a OnePlus 9. Thanks

Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. Can you please try the steps below?
1. Restart the remote controller. Please restart/reinstall the App (Ensure the latest App version is used: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly). Unplug and reinsert the cable.
2. If your mobile device uses an Android operating system, please turn on the USB debugging and select the charging-only mode.
3. Check whether the copper sheets in the Type-C port of the remote controller are warped. If so, please send back the product for repair. Please use this link to submit a repair request: https://www.dji.com/global/support?site=brandsite&from=nav.
4.     Verify the reversibility of the Type-c port insertion and check whether the wire is abnormal: As for Type-C to Type-C adapter cable of the remote controller:
Try to plug one end of the cable with the remote icon into the mobile phone, and another side to the remote controller. Plug the port in the same direction as the storage (can be stored), and plug upside down for further try (cannot be stored).
Please keep me posted once done. Thank you and have a great day ahead.
2023-8-13
Use props
djiuser_mBFrjrm1a1kv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1469925 ft
United States

My problem is very similar. I fly my Mini2 with multiple devices and have since wanted to try flying with a 10" tablet. I'm able to download the GoFly app and even connect to the drone for data transfer. However my device doesn't see the remote. I've tried all suggestions posted here and am without solution. Please advise. -Monkey Shines Productions
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mBFrjrm1a1kv Posted at 9-30 00:09
My problem is very similar. I fly my Mini2 with multiple devices and have since wanted to try flying with a 10" tablet. I'm able to download the GoFly app and even connect to the drone for data transfer. However my device doesn't see the remote. I've tried all suggestions posted here and am without solution. Please advise. -Monkey Shines Productions

Hello there. Is your remote controller able to get detected by your computer? If so and you have already tried the steps above and the issue still persists. We suggest submitting a repair request to get the remote fixed. You can use the following link: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav.
Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-30
Use props
Unhappy User
New
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

Same issue here, how do I fix it since I don't have engineering experience?? I reset my phone and unplugged it and plugged it back. So is this just fault manufacturing? How do we get any help on this?
2023-10-6
Use props
djiuser_3QTFGfl67rR6
New
Flight distance : 348451 ft

French Polynesia

I have a mini 2 but can't connect to my controler.  Any of you have the same issue ?
2023-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_3QTFGfl67rR6 Posted at 12-9 14:54
I have a mini 2 but can't connect to my controler.  Any of you have the same issue ?

Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. Here are some notes you can follow to pair your units:
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold it to power the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
3. Try linking by pressing the combinations of buttons instead of using the Fly app: Press and hold the Power button on the remote controller for four seconds to prepare to link and then press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
4. If it still fails, check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app and make sure your phone is connected to the Wi-Fi. After the connection is successful, check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
5. You can also try to connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2, and try linking after updating & refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version. you can download the DJI Assistant 2 on https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2023-12-11
Use props
djiuser_iIgmUePjGIJo
New
Flight distance : 403602 ft

Greece

Same issue. I have the same problem.
Can't connect N1 to my Poco F3 phone. the difference with me is that a month ago I was able to connect to poco. I was flying here for six months with this phone.  suddenly stopped recognizing it. with another phone I connect normally and fly. I did all the steps in the thread. by repeatedly uninstalling and installing it. the cable works normally. I do not know what else to do
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_gQ77N3zdDqJz
New

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-2-12 04:29
Hi, inthesummertime. Thank you for reaching out. Were you able to activate the DJI Mini 2 before? Please try to update first the devices using the information below.

At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:

This was the key to getting the RC-N1 to work with my DJI mini 3.
When DJI Fly is being used, USB Debugging must be enabled in the mobile phone system.

Enabling “USB Debugging” with an Android device.

I had to go to the samsung documentation to find out where to turn it on my A54 but it worked.

Once I enabled the usb debugging it connected told me I could only do 5 flights before it had to be linked to my account and then was fully operational. The exciting thing is that being able to down grade to the RC-N1 enables me to use the drone link app on  my mini 3 (still in beta) I was able to plot a mission and hope to fly it tomorrow. Thanks Gamora for the useful tip.
2-5 23:16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_gQ77N3zdDqJz Posted at 2-5 23:16
This was the key to getting the RC-N1 to work with my DJI mini 3.

Thank you for sharing these comprehensive tips regarding this situation. We're glad to know that everything is working fine on your end. Happy to help! Cheers!
2-7 23:38
Use props
Nervousorg
New

Germany

Hi everybody, I bought  a Mini 3 pro with rc-n1. Cannot connect  to my Galaxy s10, or Iphone 13. Did all the steps like above said. What could be the next step?
3-11 09:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules