Black screen in dji mavic3
1968 19 2023-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407159 ft
Indonesia

This story started about 3 months ago. There was a problem in the cardan of the mavic3 copter, during the diagnosis at the dji service center, a defect in the cardan and camera was revealed at the mavic3 recommendation to replace, after 1.5 months of bureaucratic daily correspondence with the dji service online, here on the forum, on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook, I had to spend 3-5 hours a day on maintaining this activity is like a job straight, well, it's really a shame when you buy a mavic3 copter for 3-4 thousand dollars, I would like to get both a high-quality product and high-quality quick support, but something went wrong with dji... After 1.5 months, within 2-3 days, the gimbal and camera were changed, the copter was in my hands, but the joy was before the 1st flight, where a defect of the floating horizon and the curved horizon was detected, that is, after calibrations both in user mode and in developer mode together with dji service, this defect remained unchanged - the horizon of the curve... another 1.5 months of correspondence with the service service did not lead to anything, then their water is liquid, that is, the wind, although the flights were made in calm weather, and so on, more than 80 letters where dji engineers do not see this problem at close range and claim that this is the norm, such a littered horizon. Well, ok fixed this defect in the video processing program, leveling the horizon. Yesterday, showing my friend this problem, who agreed with me, like many other non-copter engineers, but being videographers and quadrocopter operators, agreed with me that this is not the quality that mavic3 should give out. Turning on the copter oops black screen, that is, the camera stopped working at all, today turning on the copter again black screen... This is a failure of dji engineers!!!
DJI Customer Care Team CAS-11278962-X4S1P1

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280792&page=1#pid2942177

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280386&page=2#pid2951955

2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us your Phone model and DJI FLY APP version, Aircraft, and remote controller firmware version?We can not see that information on your video clearly. Also, may we know more information about the issue?
May we know if the issue occurs when you received and turned on the drone or after using for a while?

2023-2-13
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-13 23:08
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us your Phone model and DJI FLY APP version, Aircraft, and remote controller firmware version?We can not see that information on your video clearly. Also, may we know more information about the issue?
May we know if the issue occurs when you received and turned on the drone or after using for a while?

Hi here, I took a detailed picture of how the black screen happens. In the video at the link, it also indicates which firmware versions, dji fly latest version, poco x4 pro phone.
The problem arises when you switch to shooting mode in 4k and 5k, it also remains on the video in the first part it is demonstrated, disappears when you pull out the battery and insert it again, sometimes it works not from 1 attempt but from 2-5, also this defect was noticed during the flight, the video of this was not preserved and lucky that the drone was nearby.

2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9 Posted at 2-14 03:53
Hi here, I took a detailed picture of how the black screen happens. In the video at the link, it also indicates which firmware versions, dji fly latest version, poco x4 pro phone.
The problem arises when you switch to shooting mode in 4k and 5k, it also remains on the video in the first part it is demonstrated, disappears when you pull out the battery and insert it again, sometimes it works not from 1 attempt but from 2-5, also this defect was noticed during the flight, the video of this was not preserved and lucky that the drone was nearby.

Thank you for your reply. We are confirming with our engineers. We will reply to you once we get their response.
By the way, may we know if you test it with other mobile devices? Does the issue occur?
2023-2-14
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw something similar after a firmware update. After refreshing, the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 fixes the problem. Have you tried that?
2023-2-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s really difficult to know what’s going on there. For someone who claims to have spent hundreds of hours complaining documenting this “problem” and also claims to be a videographer, your videos are just short of being a useless waste of time . I just hope your letters were a bit clearer.

I’m not sure what warranty you have but 99.9% of all DJI warranties are met with a new or refurbished unit. I don’t believe DJI do any substantial repairs anywhere in the world except China. You are either the most unlucky dji user or you have not gone through the right channels. This experience you are having is far removed from being normal. But it sounds like if you were given a gold Mavic 3 you would inevitably find fault with it.

I’m not sure what the warranty is in the country you purchased , I know some countries vary . But if you have a warranty that allows to make good the product you are having a problem with its pretty simple return and have it exchanged and quit all the faff and nonsense you seem to relish . From what I have read its clear the only one here prolonging this whole saga is you and it’s probably the reason you have gotten very little support.
2023-2-14
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Singapore

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-14 06:37
I saw something similar after a firmware update. After refreshing, the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 fixes the problem. Have you tried that?

yes, I updated everything yesterday, the problem remains, of course you can try again, thanks!
2023-2-14
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Indonesia

Hallmark007 Posted at 2-14 08:32
It’s really difficult to know what’s going on there. For someone who claims to have spent hundreds of hours complaining documenting this “problem” and also claims to be a videographer, your videos are just short of being a useless waste of time . I just hope your letters were a bit clearer.

I’m not sure what warranty you have but 99.9% of all DJI warranties are met with a new or refurbished unit. I don’t believe DJI do any substantial repairs anywhere in the world except China. You are either the most unlucky dji user or you have not gone through the right channels. This experience you are having is far removed from being normal. But it sounds like if you were given a gold Mavic 3 you would inevitably find fault with it.

It seems you are an ardent dji fan or you are just being paid or you are a "lucky guy" who lives next to the dji factory...

Communicating with people, I begin to understand even more that there is a problem both in the quality of dji products and in service.

A golden mavik would be nice, I would sell it to you, I think you want it more than I do, and I would buy my wife some kind of gift.

I wish you a good day and all the best. And I'll drink a coconut and go have a good time kitesurfing, the wind is blowing very well today and the waves are great.
2023-2-14
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9 Posted at 2-14 19:34
It seems you are an ardent dji fan or you are just being paid or you are a "lucky guy" who lives next to the dji factory...

Communicating with people, I begin to understand even more that there is a problem both in the quality of dji products and in service.

Even though you are recording to your phone, a bad SD card inserted in camera or controller can cause strange problems.  

I’ve been reading the GoPro forum for a few years, and sometimes there is a really strange problem they can’t figure out.  Often times, they discover it’s due to a bad SD card.  A bad SD card can cause a whole host of problems with the entire system.

There’s a list of recommended SD cards on DJI website.  Try replacing your micro SD card(s) with DJI tested cards just in case your micro SD card(s) is faulty….or on the blink.
https://www.dji.com/mobile/mavic-3/specs

Don't format the SD cards on your laptop. Let the drone/controller format the micro SD cards.
2023-2-14
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Try with a different phone AND a different cable.
Also give access to app for files and so on, I see in a few videos that is keep asking for access and you don't press ALLOW.
Remove the SD Card....it can work without it.
Try a Firmware Refresh at both RC and Drone with DJI Assistant, then DO NOT forget to pair them again.
2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9 Posted at 2-14 03:53
The problem arises when you switch to shooting mode in 4k and 5k, it also remains on the video in the first part it is demonstrated, disappears when you pull out the battery and insert it again, sometimes it works not from 1 attempt but from 2-5, also this defect was noticed during the flight, the video of this was not preserved and lucky that the drone was nearby.

Hello, there. Our engineers would like to further analyze your issue. Would you please export the App log for us?
Steps:
Android
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the
“USB connection mode” appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal
storage.
3. Find the file path for logs of the corresponding app version as
required.
DJI FLY APP after V1.4.12:
APP log: internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG

4.Copy and paste the entire “LOG” file folder to the local drive and add the file

folder to the compressed folder. Send back related data based on the specific
method.
Note: Please tell us the time point (the date when the issue occurs, and it
better be accurate to the minute) when the abnormality occurred.
6. After the file has been exported, add the file folder to the
compressed folder. Upload it to a cloud drive and then send it to us.
Please also test it with another phone and tell us your feedback.
2023-2-15
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-15 05:09
Hello, there. Our engineers would like to further analyze your issue. Would you please export the App log for us?
Steps:
Android

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Jqk5pTmXggN9eQ

13.02.2023 1 time it was discovered approximately in the interval from 22-40 to 23-15 pm Asian time, Vietnam
2023-2-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9 Posted at 2-14 19:34

How many people around here with your problems. It seems to me you just haven’t a clue , but love the whole saga of creating something out of nothing. All those with problems get them sorted without fuss, but you seem to revel in your own self destruction. It’s my firm belief reading all your waffle that you are the main cause of your own misfortune. So many here have given you good solid advice which you have by and large dismissed, leading to you drowning in your own misery.
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9 Posted at 2-15 09:18

13.02.2023 1 time it was discovered approximately in the interval from 22-40 to 23-15 pm Asian time, Vietnam

Thanks, We have escalated your issue to our engineers. It would take some time to analyze the issue. Please wait patiently.
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9 Posted at 2-15 09:18

Hi, we get the analysis result from our engineers. We will put it here:
Thank you for the user feedback. Currently, this mobile phone model is limited by the processor model, which will affect the image transmission code stream and cause abnormalities. We will try our best to try to solve this problem, and temporarily recommend using devices in the compatible list first.
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-16 00:05
Hi, we get the analysis result from our engineers. We will put it here:
Thank you for the user feedback. Currently, this mobile phone model is limited by the processor model, which will affect the image transmission code stream and cause abnormalities. We will try our best to try to solve this problem, and temporarily recommend using devices in the compatible list first.

Strangely, before the repair of the gimbal and camera, everything worked on this phone and on another xiaomi. Drop the link to compatible phones.
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Singapore

Hallmark007 Posted at 2-15 10:29
How many people around here with your problems. It seems to me you just haven’t a clue , but love the whole saga of creating something out of nothing. All those with problems get them sorted without fuss, but you seem to revel in your own self destruction. It’s my firm belief reading all your waffle that you are the main cause of your own misfortune. So many here have given you good solid advice which you have by and large dismissed, leading to you drowning in your own misery.

I think dji pays you normally)) Just trol Trollevich ...
Free advice - Keep your bile to yourself and be happy)
And I'm going to have dinner with my beautiful beloved woman, we have a great day today, a lot of wind and big waves and family friends nearby, which I wish you with all my heart!
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Singapore

DroneApe Posted at 2-14 20:03
Even though you are recording to your phone, a bad SD card inserted in camera or controller can cause strange problems.  

I’ve been reading the GoPro forum for a few years, and sometimes there is a really strange problem they can’t figure out.  Often times, they discover it’s due to a bad SD card.  A bad SD card can cause a whole host of problems with the entire system.

Thanks for the valuable advice!!! My memory card matches the list of recommended dji. Today tomorrow I'll try another card, but without the card the same black screen ... Maybe this is how the dji engineers suggested because of the phone, I'll find a phone that fits and test it, thanks again! And the guys from go pro are very cool, I had the same problem of a black screen for a couple of hours of communication with support, sent it to Singapore and after a while a new camera arrived, which still works and shoots great ... and together with Noir Matter, in general, a gun vids are coming!
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Singapore

Geo_Drone Posted at 2-14 23:17
Try with a different phone AND a different cable.
Also give access to app for files and so on, I see in a few videos that is keep asking for access and you don't press ALLOW.
Remove the SD Card....it can work without it.

Thanks for the advice, when I find another phone I'll try, but it's definitely not the cable, since everything was normal while the mode is 4 to 1080, as soon as you switch to 5k - a black screen ...
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9 Posted at 2-16 01:32
Strangely, before the repair of the gimbal and camera, everything worked on this phone and on another xiaomi. Drop the link to compatible phones.

You may refer to this:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules