3049 9 2023-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KVRVfhXRBCAQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412451 ft
Poland

Hey y'all.
Lately I've been trying out the streaming feature on the DJI Action 2.
It looks really nice but lacks a bit of really important things.

First one is - could you please add an autoreconnect ability to the camera? So if it loses the connection it tries to connect back to the RTMP source by itself until we cancel/stop/turn off the camera. We can already connect again but we have to manually click the screen 2 times to do it.It's kinda hard to notice when it drops and do it when you have the camera on your chest or in front of a steering wheel on a bike.

Now about the livestream settings section:
  • When choosing the resolution, I can only see 480p(Smooth), 720p(HD), 1080p(UHD).
    Are they all 30fps?
    Can we get a 60fps option?
  • Whats the min/max bitrate values are on adaptive bitrate mode when streaming?
    We can only choose 2 / 4 / adaptive which is just bad. We're losing a lot of quality because of such low values.
    For 720p it should be at least 5Mbps (for up to 30fps) or 7.5Mbps (for up to 60).
    For 1080p it should be at least 8 (for up to 30fps) or 12 (for up to 60).
    Can we maybe just get a "custom" bitrate mode which shows a slider or a number input?

Other than these above, this device is really small and great for such activities. I really love it.
Please let me know if you can do something with that.
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with the DJI Action 2. We will forward your inquiries to our designated team for confirmation. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for your patience. Here are the answers to your inquiries:
1. The frame rate is fixed at 30 fps and cannot be changed.
2. After selecting "Adaptive" for the code rate, the maximum and minimum code rates are as follows:
1080p 6Mb~1Mb
720P 4Mb~468Kb
480p 2Mb~512Kb
If your connection is unstable, we recommend you use the "Adaptive" setting.
Regarding the ability to automatically reconnect when the live streaming connection is lost, the maximum bitrate, and an option to select a "custom" bitrate, we will forward it to our developers for attention. Please stay tuned to our DJI website for any relevant updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Have a nice day.
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_KVRVfhXRBCAQ
lvl.2
Poland

Hey Tony.

Thanks for letting me know. That's a really useful information.

I hope we can get a confirmation if the development team will be able to add 60FPS mode, higher (or custom) bitrate options and automatic reconnection for streaming mode. This device is amazing and it's almost a perfect go for such activities. Almost perfect due to these software limitations, but once those functions get added, it will really become a perfect device!

I'll be waiting patiently for more good information, have a nice day as well and thank you and the development team for the hard work you do. ☺️
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KVRVfhXRBCAQ Posted at 2-20 00:00
Hey Tony.

Thanks for letting me know. That's a really useful information.

You are most welcome. We understand and we also hope these will be implemented in the future. We thank you for your understanding and kind words. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_KVRVfhXRBCAQ
lvl.2
Poland

Hey, any updates from the engineering team about this?
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KVRVfhXRBCAQ Posted at 4-14 02:42
Hey, any updates from the engineering team about this?

Hi there. Thanks for checking in. As of writing, there have been no updates about this yet. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers need to evaluate each suggestion and consider many aspects before it can get implemented. We appreciate your continued understanding and patience.
2023-4-15
Use props
MolleTov
New
Denmark

I hope its okay to write here.

if the live stream gets disconnected you can start again from the camera via the menu.. but if the Action 2 han ben powered off is has forgot and you need to start the stream from the dji app again.

if it would be possible to save the streaming info on the internal memory that would be awesome and make it a much better camera for irl streaming.

Also some kind of sound if the stream gets disconnected would be nice.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MolleTov Posted at 4-17 02:54
I hope its okay to write here.

if the live stream gets disconnected you can start again from the camera via the menu.. but if the Action 2 han ben powered off is has forgot and you need to start the stream from the dji app again.

Hi, MolleTov. Thanks for sharing your valuable suggestions here. We appreciate it. We'll have them recorded and forwarded to our related team for attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Thanks for your continued support.
2023-4-18
Use props
virtualjapan.tv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

I’d also like to second the request for higher custom bitrates ! Over a wifi network to a local rtmp server users should be able to reliably sent higher bitrate, so would be great if it was just a free text field, and we could choose any bitrate.

Could you also confirm if the max bitrate for the action 3 is also 6000 at 1080p? Or has it been updated to 8000? I saw a note in the latest firmware live stream quality was but no exact numbers were provided.
2023-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules