Mac Finder updates timestamp of viewed folders.
673 3 2023-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Guys,

I have started doing some video editing on Final Cut Pro (X) on Mac. I am noticing an issue where if I don't modify anything in a folder , but just view a video file with QuickTime player opening it from Mac Finder, the folder gets updated with the current timestamp. I have an archive of my work stored in dated file names and I like to sort by timestamp and it is creating inconvinience for me as older folders get the recent timestamp , when I just open that fodler to play an MP4 file via QuickTime. Wanted to ask if anyone also came accross this issue and it there is a way to resolve it or maybe it's better to use an alternative for Mac built in Finder instead.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

2023-2-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i control this by manually naming the folder with the datestamp/timestamp which i control instead of allowing the system to control it

2023-2-15
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-15 15:50
i control this by manually naming the folder with the datestamp/timestamp which i control instead of allowing the system to control it

[view_image]

That's a good idea The Saint, thank you for sharing. I think I should do the same. I just don't understand why Mac Finder would modify the folder timestamp if I just view a video file in it using QuickTime. Thank you for sharing, that is a great idea.

Take care, Mike.
2023-2-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 2-15 15:58
That's a good idea The Saint, thank you for sharing. I think I should do the same. I just don't understand why Mac Finder would modify the folder timestamp if I just view a video file in it using QuickTime. Thank you for sharing, that is a great idea.

Take care, Mike.

no problem; happy to help.  
2023-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules