DJI RC Going Back To Main Screen During Flight
2484 29 2023-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1840715 ft
Canada

Hi, I have a DJI RC that I use with my Mini 3 Pro, Air 2S, and Mavic 3. Lately when flying the display jumps back to the main screen (the one with the blue Go Fly button) right in the middle of a flight. When you press the Go Fly button it goes back to the proper screen and everything is fine. It's very unnerving when this happens in the middle of a flight. Has anyone else had this issue? All software and firmware are up to date.
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please refresh the firmware of the DJI RC and check if the issue persists. If you can provide us a short screen recording if the issue persists that would be very helpful for us to check. Also, please make sure that you are not touching the "back button" on the top left corner of the screen because if you touch it, the app will normally return to the home page. You may download the software at the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-2-16
Use props
fans9b8e8422
New
Flight distance : 7369 ft
United States

I'm having the exact same problem. It almost seems like it's getting worse. It happens at least once every time I fly and most times it's two or three times. Very irritating.
2023-3-17
Use props
djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg
lvl.3
Canada

After I refreshed the firmware it’s better but still happens once in a while.
2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans9b8e8422 Posted at 3-17 18:09
I'm having the exact same problem. It almost seems like it's getting worse. It happens at least once every time I fly and most times it's two or three times. Very irritating.

Hi there, may I ask about the current firmware and app version? Please upgrade it to the latest firmware to see if the issue still exists.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg Posted at 3-17 18:54
After I refreshed the firmware it’s better but still happens once in a while.

May I ask under what circumstances this problem usually arises? Did you do any operation before this problem occurred? If possible, please provide us with a video for further confirmation.
2023-3-18
Use props
djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg
lvl.3
Canada

I’m not sure what causes it but I will start doing some screen recordings to try and catch it happening.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg Posted at 3-18 07:00
I’m not sure what causes it but I will start doing some screen recordings to try and catch it happening.

Thanks for your understanding. Please keep us updating the feedback.
2023-3-18
Use props
djiuser_EriG9kdWpNq5
New

United States

Same issue, I have sent screen shots and video ,also called 4 times now.
  I have a RC controller and have done every kind of update.
If I switch to the the DJI controller that connects to phone there is no issue. Only on the DJI RC.
  Both are less that a month old not sure if I am missing a possible update that is specifically for the RC controller.
2023-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_EriG9kdWpNq5 Posted at 6-17 09:44
Same issue, I have sent screen shots and video ,also called 4 times now.
  I have a RC controller and have done every kind of update.
If I switch to the the DJI controller that connects to phone there is no issue. Only on the DJI RC.

Hi there, we manage to find your ticket number through your forum account. We notice our team has replied to your email, could you please take a look and provide the needed information?
2023-6-18
Use props
Pamlico Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505981 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue with my Air 3 and RC2. Latested firmware on both. I'm pretty sure I'm not touching the screen when it switches to the Home Screen. I just seems to happen randomly.
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pamlico Pilot Posted at 8-20 16:23
I'm having the same issue with my Air 3 and RC2. Latested firmware on both. I'm pretty sure I'm not touching the screen when it switches to the Home Screen. I just seems to happen randomly.

Hi there, could you please provide us with a video for further confirmation? You can also try to refresh the firmware to see if the issue still exists.
2023-8-21
Use props
WhiteRider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53560 ft
United States

Hi. I'm having this issue with the new RC2 and Mini 4 Pro. All have the latest firmware. It happens randomly. (And I agree with the earlier poster: it is disconcerting when it occurs mid flight.)
2023-10-2
Use props
djiuser_WHdDcoDgonMM
lvl.1

Canada

Hi what is the latest dji rc firmware and what firmware is available to match the mini 3?
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WhiteRider Posted at 10-2 09:48
Hi. I'm having this issue with the new RC2 and Mini 4 Pro. All have the latest firmware. It happens randomly. (And I agree with the earlier poster: it is disconcerting when it occurs mid flight.)

Hi there, could you please provide us with a screen recording and export the log for our further analysis?
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_WHdDcoDgonMM Posted at 10-2 13:16
Hi what is the latest dji rc firmware and what firmware is available to match the mini 3?

Hi there, you can refer to this link to check the latest firmware of DJI RC. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
And here is the firmware release note for Mini 3, you can check the corresponding firmware version through this link. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
2023-10-3
Use props
djiuser_WHdDcoDgonMM
lvl.1

Canada

Hi so according to your reply to me, i saw the links and the firmware that my rc is sending to the drone is not the right one
I have the right firmware for RC 01.03.0500 buy its sending firmware 01.00.0300 but according the email I should be upgrafing with 01.00.0200
Can you send the right firmware to my RC?

2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_WHdDcoDgonMM Posted at 10-4 20:06
Hi so according to your reply to me, i saw the links and the firmware that my rc is sending to the drone is not the right one
I have the right firmware for RC 01.03.0500 buy its sending firmware 01.00.0300 but according the email I should be upgrafing with 01.00.0200
Can you send the right firmware to my RC?

Hi there, you can upgrade to the latest version v1.03.0500 directly.
Please make sure to connect the DJI RC to the internet and check again to see if the new firmware update notification will pop up. If not, you may use the DJI Assistant 2 on the computer to do the update. DJI Assistant 2 download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
See if this helps.
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_WHdDcoDgonMM
lvl.1

Canada

Hi I do have the RC updated with 01.03.0500 but its updating my drone with 01.00.0300. Not 01.00.0200 why is that? The update for the srone stops at 40 percent, i have tried lots of times but it wont fully update. I think it is because the aircraft update is wrong? Thank you for the previous answers, I hope the issue gets resolved, I would like to fly my drone
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_WHdDcoDgonMM Posted at 10-5 11:34
Hi I do have the RC updated with 01.03.0500 but its updating my drone with 01.00.0300. Not 01.00.0200 why is that? The update for the srone stops at 40 percent, i have tried lots of times but it wont fully update. I think it is because the aircraft update is wrong? Thank you for the previous answers, I hope the issue gets resolved, I would like to fly my drone

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, please note that the latest firmware for the aircraft is v01.00.0300, the doc on the link DJI Mindy provided has not been updated, sorry for the confusion. If your aircraft is in v01.00.0300 and RC is 01.03.0500, you have them both in the latest firmware, please rest assured.

May I know if you encountered any issues with flying the drone? Please let me know the details and I am here to help.
2023-10-5
Use props
Grondslag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77740 ft
Costa Rica

Hi, I'm having a similar issue with my Mini3 / RC. Today during a 3 minute flight suddenly the "Go Fly" screen appeared and disappeared after touching the screen repeatedly.
Since that moment the RC touch screen became unresponsive so I had to power it down to stop the recording.

Last week I updated the aircraft and the RC to the latest firmware of which I cannot tell the version numbers anymore as I'm unable to open the window that shows the info.

This is an unfortunate situation as I just started a long remote travel and I'm only carrying a Chromebook with me that doesn't support the DJI Assistant 2 software which is the suggested remedy in this (and other) threads..

So what can I do now?

2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Grondslag Posted at 10-29 07:59
Hi, I'm having a similar issue with my Mini3 / RC. Today during a 3 minute flight suddenly the "Go Fly" screen appeared and disappeared after touching the screen repeatedly.
Since that moment the RC touch screen became unresponsive so I had to power it down to stop the recording.

This is an unfortunate situation as I just started a long remote travel and I'm only carrying a Chromebook with me that doesn't support the DJI Assistant 2 software which is the suggested remedy in this (and other) threads..
Hello, there. We are sorry that only DJI Assistant 2 supports refreshing firmware. Would you please check whether you can borrow or have the opportunity to do that?
2023-10-30
Use props
Grondslag
lvl.1
Costa Rica

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-30 02:46
This is an unfortunate situation as I just started a long remote travel and I'm only carrying a Chromebook with me that doesn't support the DJI Assistant 2 software which is the suggested remedy in this (and other) threads..
Hello, there. We are sorry that only DJI Assistant 2 supports refreshing firmware. Would you please check whether you can borrow or have the opportunity to do that?

Hi, the problem seems to be solved after asking someone to help me out with his Macbook and installing Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware. Hopefully it doesn't happen again!
grts, Leo
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Grondslag Posted at 10-30 10:19
Hi, the problem seems to be solved after asking someone to help me out with his Macbook and installing Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware. Hopefully it doesn't happen again!
grts, Leo

Thank you for your updates. We are glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-10-31
Use props
Grondslag
lvl.1
Costa Rica

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-31 00:43
Thank you for your updates. We are glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any questions.

FYI, Unfortunately the RC touchscreen has become unresponsive again, this time not during flight but immediately after booting. After the firmware refresh a few days back I made 1 successful flight. Must be something HW related.
So now I have to carry the brick with me for another 5 weeks until getting home for RMA.

2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Grondslag Posted at 11-2 07:19
FYI, Unfortunately the RC touchscreen has become unresponsive again, this time not during flight but immediately after booting. After the firmware refresh a few days back I made 1 successful flight. Must be something HW related.
So now I have to carry the brick with me for another 5 weeks until getting home for RMA.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. You could register through the following link, https://repair.dji.com/, to create a case and send back the device for diagnosis afterward. If you need assistance while submitting, you could also contact with our support service http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks.
2023-11-2
Use props
djiuser_ZVaYr1KVb2bk
New

United States

I have the exact same issue veery time I fly multiple times, I have the latest firmware update and even tried to refresh and it is no better
3-18 14:13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ZVaYr1KVb2bk Posted at 3-18 14:13
I have the exact same issue veery time I fly multiple times, I have the latest firmware update and even tried to refresh and it is no better

Hi, djiuser_ZVaYr1KVb2bk. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you are having the same issue. Please follow the troubleshooting from this post. Please keep us posted.
3-18 17:17
Use props
Miss M
lvl.1

Australia

That happened to me today and yesterday when flying my drone near Fremantle harbour and mid flight my rc went to homescreen and had to manually bring it back to me and land. Was saying before flying i had no gps but was good to take off. Very confused
3-24 01:45
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Miss M Posted at 3-24 01:45
That happened to me today and yesterday when flying my drone near Fremantle harbour and mid flight my rc went to homescreen and had to manually bring it back to me and land. Was saying before flying i had no gps but was good to take off. Very confused

Hi there, may I ask if you tap 'Go Fly' on the homescreen, can it bring the camera view back? As for the GPS issue, may I ask is there any error message? Can you provide us with a screenshot or video to check it further?
3-25 01:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules