Compatibility with Goggles 2
4729 7 2023-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MPixx1zHzTuU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85636 ft
Malaysia

When can we see an update that makes the Goggles 2 compatible with Dji FPV Drone? Carrying 2 sets of goggles around is tiring. I have phased out using the goggles v2 after getting my goggles 2.

2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DJI Goggles 2 can only be used with DJI Avata from the date of product release. It also supports DJI O3 Air Unit now. Update the firmware version of DJI Goggles 2 to v01.03.0000 to support the DJI Digital FPV System. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. Please keep an eye out for updates on the DJI official website regarding models that will be compatible in the future. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_8qKFcONvJyXs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-18 01:08
DJI Goggles 2 can only be used with DJI Avata from the date of product release. It also supports DJI O3 Air Unit now. Update the firmware version of DJI Goggles 2 to v01.03.0000 to support the DJI Digital FPV System. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. Please keep an eye out for updates on the DJI official website regarding models that will be compatible in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

Sounds like backwards compatibility is here - that will make a lot of folks happy I am sure

Great stuff DJI

Update the firmware version of DJI Goggles 2 to v01.03.0000 to support the DJI Digital FPV System
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_8qKFcONvJyXs Posted at 2-18 19:28
Sounds like backwards compatibility is here - that will make a lot of folks happy I am sure

Great stuff DJI

Thank you for your understanding. We will also forward your feedback to the corresponding team. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_MPixx1zHzTuU
lvl.2
Malaysia

djiuser_8qKFcONvJyXs Posted at 2-18 19:28

Great stuff DJI

There's backwards compatibility with the OG AirUnits, Vista, Link, Wasp bla bla bla but not with the OG Dji FPV Drone. I dont understand why Dji did not make it backward compatible forcing us to use 2 sets of different goggles.

Its either you are stuck using the goggles V2, or carry around 2 sets of goggles.

Goggles V2 works with  OG AirUnits, 03 Airunits Vista, Link, Wasp, avata, dji fpv basically everything
Goggles 2 works with everything but dji FPV
2023-2-19
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

djiuser_MPixx1zHzTuU Posted at 2-19 19:45
There's backwards compatibility with the OG AirUnits, Vista, Link, Wasp bla bla bla but not with the OG Dji FPV Drone. I dont understand why Dji did not make it backward compatible forcing us to use 2 sets of different goggles.

Its either you are stuck using the goggles V2, or carry around 2 sets of goggles.

not ideal buy any means - lets hope the industry adopts the new 1080p goggles 2 as a standard?

It seems to have great RF link and the RF performance of the video feed and goggles 2 is amazing. I am coming from Motorola and RF Background. I used to like irradiating my frontal lobes with Fat Shark, but this blows away analog and then some for range and performance.

Why could these goggles 2 not downshift to the same lower resolution of the FPV unit? That would have been nice as they are smaller however I will agree they are more uncomfortable killing my nose
2023-2-20
Use props
djiuser_MPixx1zHzTuU
lvl.2
Malaysia

Bump, sign the petition.

https://chng.it/VQQkJFMN
2023-3-23
Use props
PaulsDroneshots
lvl.2