Flight capabilities - FPV Controller 2 vs. Motion Controller
2271 12 2023-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DogPilot808
lvl.2

United States

As a newbie, the motion controller was a great introduction to FPV. That said the motion controller seems to lack the capabilities of a standard RC controller. My question is Will the RC controller work with the Avata the same way and RC controller would work with Mavic?  Does the aircraft have the ability to pan, fly backwards, and do orbiting, etc.? Appreciate any advice.

2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274636 ft
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

Hi yes it does. You can manually orbit and do ...s like the mavic. It may take a little practice. Like the drone shot is possible but you need to manually adjust the gimbal while flying backwards, upwards and back.
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274636 ft
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

Also you can orbit with the motion controller with head tracking enabled. There are YouTube videos on how to achieve this.
2023-2-18
Use props
DogPilot808
lvl.2

United States

. Great advice. Thank you. Any advice as to how to not get nauseous and air sick when flying with head tracking?  I love the motion controller because I’m a newbie and it makes it easy. But I’m looking to not feel like I’m gonna throw up every time I take some videos lol.
2023-2-18
Use props
DogPilot808
lvl.2

United States

. Great advice. Thank you. Any advice as to how to not get nauseous and air sick when flying with head tracking?  I love the motion controller because I’m a newbie and it makes it easy. But I’m looking to not feel like I’m gonna throw up every time I take some videos lol.
2023-2-18
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vertigo and nausea are not uncommon to new FPV pilots.  This can be corrected through training that takes advantage of the neuroplasticity of the vestibular system. You need to train your brain by taking baby steps = short sessions, stopping as soon as vertigo happens. Over a relatively short period, you will be able to fly longer and longer. It is critical to minimize body and head motion during this neuro-training period, so try to sit in a chair or brace yourself against something while piloting. Do not move your head much if at all during these early sessions.  Make sure that you are not holding your breath unconsciously, too, maintaining a regular breathing rate. As you get more accustomed to flying, bring in the head tracking, again, with small sessions, gradually  building up your session time.  This absolutely works and this is the technique used in vestibular rehabilitation/therapy.
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI FPV Remote controller 2 is a standard controller more likely the same as the controller of the Mavic Series drone since you are using the two control sticks to operate the unit. You may also refer to the statement of our fellow DJI Pilot on post #2.

In addition, If you experience nausea or dizziness while using DJI FPV or DJI Avata with goggles, you may have 3D vertigo symptoms, which is virtual reality sickness, caused by your brain thinking your body is moving while you're actually staying still. We recommend that you temporarily stop using the goggles and take more deep breaths to recover. In daily life or study and work, try to ensure good sleep, do more outdoor sports, and strengthen your physical fitness and immunity. If you experience motion sickness frequently while using the goggles, please lower the brightness of the goggles screen, avoid long-time usage, and gradually extend the use time. If the symptoms persist, it is suggested to seek a doctor to help make an accurate diagnosis.
2023-2-18
Use props
DogPilot808
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-18 19:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI FPV Remote controller 2 is a standard controller more likely the same as the controller of the Mavic Series drone since you are using the two control sticks to operate the unit. You may also refer to the statement of our fellow DJI Pilot on post #2.

In addition, If you experience nausea or dizziness while using DJI FPV or DJI Avata with goggles, you may have 3D vertigo symptoms, which is virtual reality sickness, caused by your brain thinking your body is moving while you're actually staying still. We recommend that you temporarily stop using the goggles and take more deep breaths to recover. In daily life or study and work, try to ensure good sleep, do more outdoor sports, and strengthen your physical fitness and immunity. If you experience motion sickness frequently while using the goggles, please lower the brightness of the goggles screen, avoid long-time usage, and gradually extend the use time. If the symptoms persist, it is suggested to seek a doctor to help make an accurate diagnosis.

appreciate the advice. telling myself i’m not going to get nauseous seems to be working   also, leaning against or sitting on something definitely helps.
2023-2-20
Use props
DogPilot808
lvl.2

United States

Halifax Posted at 2-18 14:57
Vertigo and nausea are not uncommon to new FPV pilots.  This can be corrected through training that takes advantage of the neuroplasticity of the vestibular system. You need to train your brain by taking baby steps = short sessions, stopping as soon as vertigo happens. Over a relatively short period, you will be able to fly longer and longer. It is critical to minimize body and head motion during this neuro-training period, so try to sit in a chair or brace yourself against something while piloting. Do not move your head much if at all during these early sessions.  Make sure that you are not holding your breath unconsciously, too, maintaining a regular breathing rate. As you get more accustomed to flying, bring in the head tracking, again, with small sessions, gradually  building up your session time.  This absolutely works and this is the technique used in vestibular rehabilitation/therapy.

Appreciate the science. I use NLP and Coincidentally I have just started rehabilitating an accident induced  vestibular disruption. Will have this conversation with Doctor.  
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DogPilot808 Posted at 2-20 04:09
appreciate the advice. telling myself i’m not going to get nauseous seems to be working   also, leaning against or sitting on something definitely helps.

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-23
Use props
ameliaaria
New

Canada

Your suggestion of minimizing body and head motion and sitting in a chair or bracing oneself against something is helpful. It's also important to maintain a regular breathing rate and avoid holding one's breath unconsciously, as this can exacerbate symptoms of vertigo and nausea.  As with any form of training, starting with short sessions and gradually building up session time can help prevent overwhelming the vestibular system and reduce the risk of experiencing symptoms. The approach you've outlined is similar to vestibular rehabilitation/therapy, which has been shown to be effective in treating various vestibular disorders.
2023-3-16
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

And I would add :
- practice, practice and practice
- in small durations if you feel sick... Not more than 1/4h each time

I had the same problem. (even with simulator) ... Now it's fully finished, I can fly full batteries in series without nausea !
2023-3-18
Use props
vipperdev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36578 ft

Poland

I found DJI Virtual Flight for Avata. Would those controllers work with that application? Is there a Windows version?
2023-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules