Free Davinci blues
676 4 2023-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bersecti
lvl.2
Australia

Ultra noob here being rude and making his first post a question! Here's where I'm at.

New mini 3 pro. Taking it to Indonesia to film my family surfing next month so just getting rudimentary flying skills before we set off. HOWEVER....!

The free version of Davinci Resolve I have downloaded onto my son's gaming Acer Nitro 5 will not deal with any H.265 files I import.

First problem is every time I open Davinci I get this dreaded pop up.

CEFBBEC5-A695-4070-B821-A1B0FB46C8D4.jpeg
B0F42E34-6054-4F04-ACEF-81C611FAEA00.jpeg
D932D182-487D-4117-A01E-B237C579ACE4.jpeg
2023-2-19
Use props
Bersecti
lvl.2
Australia

#More info. Son’s laptop is a Nitro AN517-51 with an i7 processor @ 260 ghz. With 16G RAM. It’s got a NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650 card.  Free Davinci settings I’ve explored so far seem to refuse to use the GeForce card. Well I’m assuming this because of the initial pop up even though the drivers for BOTH the Intel card and GeForce are confirmed as current.  The GPU page under pPreferences once I click past the above pop up show this. The pop up re Intel Hardware Acceleration comes after every restart no matter what configuration I put in and save here. I have left CUDA alone as I believe that is correct for the GeForce card. Reply Here#
2023-2-19
Use props
Bersecti
lvl.2
Australia

To clarify my question/questions.

I would only want to import H.265 files when I am forced into .265 by going up to 50 or 60 fps when in 4K on my mini3 pro. When I come back from this trip (please remember I’m leaving soon so concentrating on flying and composition) and I THEN have to learn editing.

Q.1 Should I record some stuff in the higher frame rates (therefore .265) and deal with Handbrake or Shutter Encoder for my slow mo when I get back?

Q2. Is my logic in shooting in a high frame rate to then adjust to nice slow motion surfing footage sound? Or can I leave the settings on 4K @ 25fps for my entire trip and get nice slow motion effects in post on my return?

Q.2 I am not averse to buying the full version of Davinci. I also have permission from wife to buy a new laptop with editing my drone footage in mind on return from the jungles of Indo. Could I still end up not being able to edit the H.265 files after dropping the cash on a NLE or machine?

This the what I’m looking at after importing 2 files in 25fps set to H.264 then another in 50 fps bumped to .265, note as well as being red and unusable it also thinks it was shot at 25fps which it wasn’t. All my H.265 files display like this.
2023-2-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is lots of talking about the 265 codec on the products section of this forum.
Maybe you can check those if they answer your questions.
(I have no clue myself)
2023-2-22
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Someone Said you can use handbrake for free to convert those files to h264
2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now