Phone Adapter Doesn't Fit with Camera Case
1928 3 2023-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JTHosking
New

United States

I have an iPhone 13 with a case  With the phone in the case the phone adapter on the Pocket 2 is not long enough to connect to the phone through the opening on the case.  I ordered a headphone adapter from Amzn that says that it is Apple approved that I hoped to use as an extender, but when connected between the phone and Pocket 2 phone adapter it does not enable the Pocket 2 to communicate to my iPhone via the Mimo app. Has anyone found a solution that will enable the phone adapter to connect to an iPhone with a case?

Lightning adapter

Lightning adapter
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, JTHosking. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. DJI currently does not have an official smartphone adapter with a longer cable apart from the stock adapters that came with your DJI Pocket 2. You may try using third-party accessories, but we cannot guarantee performance and stability. We recommend you use the official smartphone and remove the phone case when you connect it to the DJI Pocket 2. Alternatively, you may consider checking the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle, which will allow you to connect the phone to the camera wirelessly. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-21
Use props
JTHosking
New

United States

Thank you Tony for the response.  The wireless option for connecting Pocket 2 to the smartphone is a good solution.  The reason that I want the hard-wired connection is to save battery power by not having to use the Bluetooth/WiFi facilities of the phone and the camera. Also, my phone is very expensive and the phone's rubberized case is not easy to remove or replace, and I do not want to leave my phone unprotected while connected to the Pocket 2.

With some additional searching, I was able to find the appropriate adapter on Amzn, which I received today.  This adapter was not too expensive ($10 USD for a 2-pack) and it works a treat! This has solved my problem but I have one more tiny piece of kit to keep track of. If you are interested the Amzn stock number is B0B2D9NS6C. (Lightning Extender Adapter).

2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JTHosking Posted at 2-22 21:06
Thank you Tony for the response.  The wireless option for connecting Pocket 2 to the smartphone is a good solution.  The reason that I want the hard-wired connection is to save battery power by not having to use the Bluetooth/WiFi facilities of the phone and the camera. Also, my phone is very expensive and the phone's rubberized case is not easy to remove or replace, and I do not want to leave my phone unprotected while connected to the Pocket 2.

With some additional searching, I was able to find the appropriate adapter on Amzn, which I received today.  This adapter was not too expensive ($10 USD for a 2-pack) and it works a treat! This has solved my problem but I have one more tiny piece of kit to keep track of. If you are interested the Amzn stock number is B0B2D9NS6C. (Lightning Extender Adapter).

You are most welcome. We appreciate the update and sharing the specific accessory that resolved the connection issue. We are pleased to know that you can now connect the DJI Pocket 2 to your mobile phone with a longer cable. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Stay safe, and happy filming!
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules