Panorama mode does not work after firmware update
918 5 2023-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PTrEl1SpQTA7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37316 ft
United States

Last night I updated my aircraft firmware (Air2S) to the latest version (02.04.2500) using the DJI Assistant 2.  Everything seemed to be normal for the upload and install.  However, now the panorama mode (180 degree) does not work.  The drone appears to be normal in that it rotates to take the images for the panorama, but none are saved to my SD card or to the drone's internal memory.  The photo and video modes seem to work fine on the ground and in flight.  The RC firmware is 04.12.0100.  The App version is 1.9.4.    Please advise!

George Hatfield
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, George. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We need to confirm some details to proceed. May we ask what specific remote controller you used? If you used the RC-N1 with a mobile phone, please indicate the model of the device. Moreover, does the panorama not appear on the DJI Fly app? If possible, kindly post a short video showing the panorama process and issue. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_PTrEl1SpQTA7
lvl.2
United States

Yes, the controller is an RGN1.  I use an iPad Air (3rd Generation) for the screen.   

I observed my Air2S while it is completing a panorama 180.  It was about 10 feet off the ground at the time.  It rotates to take the images, and from the screen, everything looks normal.  But when I pull the micro SD card from the drone and put it in my PC, neither the individual images for the panorama 180 are present, nor is the panorama itself.  

The camera does record normal pictures and videos to the drone microSD card both in flight and on the ground.  

I have had this drone since about October 2022 and I have used the panorama 180 feature many times.  The problem developed after I upgraded the drone software.  I had trouble updating the software in the normal way (through the RGN1) because the upgrade stalled.  So I stopped it and ran the upgrade as a refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 on my PC.   After the upgrade, the panorama images do not save to the micro SD card.  I also upgraded the software on the RGN1.

George Hatfield
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_PTrEl1SpQTA7
lvl.2
United States

I did check the Album on the DJI Fly app, and the images are not there either.  

George Hatfield
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_PTrEl1SpQTA7
lvl.2
United States

I found the problem.  Pilot error!  I had not noticed the percent indicator around the on/off button for the panorama.  At first, I thought it was the percentage of images taken, but soon realized it was the percentage of images SAVED.  It took several seconds to complete the save after the panorama shots were complete.  So I was causing the "no save" problem by stopping the panorama before the images were saved.  
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_PTrEl1SpQTA7 Posted at 2-22 17:40
I found the problem.  Pilot error!  I had not noticed the percent indicator around the on/off button for the panorama.  At first, I thought it was the percentage of images taken, but soon realized it was the percentage of images SAVED.  It took several seconds to complete the save after the panorama shots were complete.  So I was causing the "no save" problem by stopping the panorama before the images were saved.

Thanks for the update, George. We're glad to know that you managed to isolate the issue. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules