Video issues both MOV and MP4
1177 4 2023-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans23a4f7b1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3762615 ft
United States

I have had this drone for about a year with no issues until about a month ago.  Up until that time, both formats were easily viewed on my Windows based desktop computer.

Now I can view neither and get the following notice on my screen:  “Windows media player cannot play the file.

The player might not support the file type or might not support the codex that was used to compress the file.” The SD card I use works perfectly with MOV/MP4 videos from this drone taken a few months ago.  I can view both on my controller screen as well.  

I have tried to troubleshoot but am stumped.  I did discover that videos (both formats) will work from the SD card to my computer IF they were taken using the Go Fly quick shots or focus track options,  but NOT if they are just videos that I took myself.  

These issues also are the same even using another desktop computer.  So I feel like I have eliminated an error with the card  or my computer.  I did discover some free software on the net that would ‘convert’ these filed to be viewed but it is a pain to alter the files simply to view.

I hope this explanation is clear, but if not I would be glad to offer any other info if it would help me clear this issue up!  Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

Mike

2023-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Now I can view neither and get the following notice on my screen:  “Windows media player cannot play the file.
Check the compression your drone is using.
It's probably now set on h265 where it was previously h264.

But whatever the issue is, Windows Media Player isn't the best video viewer.
You'll probably be able play your videos if you use VLC Media Player instead.
2023-2-22
Use props
fans23a4f7b1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3762615 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-22 10:14
Now I can view neither and get the following notice on my screen:  “Windows media player cannot play the file.
Check the compression your drone is using.
It's probably now set on h265 where it was previously h264.

You are an absolute HERO!  I 'dumped Windows Media and changed to VLC and it worked like a champ!
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.  Come to Wichita Falls, TX and I'd be delighted to buy your lunch which would include a beverage of your choice!
Again, my sincere thanks,
Mike
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize that you experience an issue on your unit. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the issue with the help of our fellow DJI Pilot, Labroides. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_ekFBJSQAkwsa
New

United States

If you have video incompatible issues with your DJI videos, you can get help from DumboFab to transcode your source files. This converter has a sleek look, offers straight forward options, runs without glitches and startup issues, much cheaper price, so fast at converting and no quality lost from what I can see. -- which is the best part!
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules