Air 2s Waypoints Confusion
5946 17 2023-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7719db69
lvl.1

United States

The Air 2s only allows waypoints under Hyperlapse mode. Other third party apps have huge sales due to 'unlocking' this feature for use as a video, but the DJI Fly app does not.

Three months ago the Mavic 3 had an update implementing the Waypoints for video in to the app. Several times on this forum the topic has been brought up, the mods respond or hint at a future update, but there is no word at waypoints returning.

Is there a plan to add this feature in again for video rather than just hyperlapse mode? I can't justify recommending anyone buy a DJI drone for a huge important feature that already exists, but is hidden.
2023-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd love to see waypoints and cruise control on the Air 2S.
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. We understand this feature has been requested before and hasn't been implemented yet. We will continue to forward such requests to our developers, so they are aware of our users' demands. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_Nnl9RLmFC9Kk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74134 ft

United States

Yea please add the ability to do normal video mode or photos with waypoint function as currently can only do waypoints when using Hyperlapse. Would be awesome to be able to utilize the waypoint function of the Air 2s when doing normal video or other capture modes. I find it odd that people have to buy 3rd party apps to utilize the waypoint function when not doing a hyperlapse as it defeats the purpose to have to rely on other non DJI apps to do things that the drone itself is capable of but that the software is limiting purely due to programmers not allowing it until they make a software update. Please make the software update for the DJI Air 2s to allow waypoints for all media capture modes such as normal video mode.
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Nnl9RLmFC9Kk Posted at 5-14 19:01
Yea please add the ability to do normal video mode or photos with waypoint function as currently can only do waypoints when using Hyperlapse. Would be awesome to be able to utilize the waypoint function of the Air 2s when doing normal video or other capture modes. I find it odd that people have to buy 3rd party apps to utilize the waypoint function when not doing a hyperlapse as it defeats the purpose to have to rely on other non DJI apps to do things that the drone itself is capable of but that the software is limiting purely due to programmers not allowing it until they make a software update. Please make the software update for the DJI Air 2s to allow waypoints for all media capture modes such as normal video mode.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We have your feedback noted and will be forwarded to the related along with the other requests from DJI Pilots. We appreciate your input and effort. Have a nice day!
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_UkJUFdET5O0I
New
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 5-15 00:43
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We have your feedback noted and will be forwarded to the related along with the other requests from DJI Pilots. We appreciate your input and effort. Have a nice day!

1 year passed and nothing happened. You don't care about customers. We got it. If you notice lesser recommendations and lesser buyers. Think about this Here again...

As is would be that hard for you to combine given waypoints with video capturing.

2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_Nb9v5cIT7uLk
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-22 21:15
Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. We understand this feature has been requested before and hasn't been implemented yet. We will continue to forward such requests to our developers, so they are aware of our users' demands. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Yes please, Please act on this, so Air2s uses can create a waypoint mission without having to fly the drone. Then use this mission for Videos and Pictures.  Similar to Litchi.  The only reason I don't use litchi, is I have no faith in having a solid link of communication between the Air 2s drone and the RC Pro I use. Litchi has failed me before and the drone crashed.
2023-8-2
Use props
djiuser_Nb9v5cIT7uLk
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-22 21:15

Yes please. Please act on this. Air2s uses want and need to create a waypoint mission and save it, without having to fly the drone. Then use this mission for Videos and Pictures.  Similar to Litchi.  The only reason I don't use litchi, is I have no faith in having a solid link of communication between the Air 2s drone and the RC Pro, I use. Litchi has failed me before and the drone crashed.
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Nb9v5cIT7uLk Posted at 8-3 00:06
Yes please. Please act on this. Air2s uses want and need to create a waypoint mission and save it, without having to fly the drone. Then use this mission for Videos and Pictures.  Similar to Litchi.  The only reason I don't use litchi, is I have no faith in having a solid link of communication between the Air 2s drone and the RC Pro, I use. Litchi has failed me before and the drone crashed.

We appreciate your feedback. This request has already been referred to our developers. We understand how important this feature is to you. It will be announced from the DJI official website or from the DJI Forum once it's already approved. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-8-3
Use props
Ethan Flys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181526 ft
United States

I know this may be off topic but, I think you should try Litchi. It is very advanced and allows you to do things on even a first gen mini that only the big ones can do!
2023-8-3
Use props
axxonpl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7268615 ft
Poland

Dear DJI we still waiting for waypoints feature on air 2s, it would be great have it finally in this drone.
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

axxonpl Posted at 9-19 10:53
Dear DJI we still waiting for waypoints feature on air 2s, it would be great have it finally in this drone.

Hi, axxonpl. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward this one as well as a suggestion of yours for the DJI Air 2s. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-9-20
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi Works well for waypoints if you need it, It would be nice if DJI added it.
2023-9-28
Use props
j.n.metalworks59
New

United Kingdom

If DJI are cornering us into getting third party apps to unlock the full potential of the Air 2S ( which they give permission to do) to the third party developers) will DJI uphold the warranty of the two years or with the care fresh package? If drone crashes!
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

j.n.metalworks59@gmail.com Posted at 11-15 06:46
If DJI are cornering us into getting third party apps to unlock the full potential of the Air 2S ( which they give permission to do) to the third party developers) will DJI uphold the warranty of the two years or with the care fresh package? If drone crashes!

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us. The warranty may be voided if the unit experiences an issue or accidentally crashes using a third-party application. Also, we have not tested any third-party applications, therefore, we are unable to confirm their performance on the unit. We strongly recommend using the DJI Fly app to avoid any unknown issues. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would also love to have this feature onthe Air 2S. As I said before. I use litchi for this. Maybe that's whyDJI discontinued SDK on the 3 line.
2023-12-11
Use props
djiuser_hb6SZZBxVH2t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 935502 ft
Canada

We buy expensive drone dji. We need waypoint mission on Air2s. Please. Not hyperlapse waypoint . I know you can put on Air2s Apps.t
3-16 20:24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_hb6SZZBxVH2t Posted at 3-16 20:24
We buy expensive drone dji. We need waypoint mission on Air2s. Please. Not hyperlapse waypoint . I know you can put on Air2s Apps.t

Hello there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
3-16 22:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules