M3P Strange Behavior at Dusk
1156 4 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AZ Tony
lvl.3
United States

Does the vision systems always need to be turned off to be able to fly normal once it starts to get dark? Out flying the other day and was out past normal time for me, sun had set and was flying in a RC area so I was just flying above light poles around a walkway. Decided it was getting too dark and started to fly to back. I was not out more than 60 feet at that time. Drone would go forward a short distance then want to stop even though nothing was in the way, hesitate then continue on for a few feet and repeat. Thought about it for a sec, then switched to sport and flew perfectly fine and also flew fine in daylight the next day in any mode. Do you night fliers have to use sport mode to avoid this weird behavior?
2023-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I flew in the dark fairly frequently and not had this.   Did you have the radar turned on that shows the obstacles it's detected and their distance,  that might give a clue if it was false positive.         Also you could post your log file.  http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2023-2-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Vision cannot be switched off, if too dark the sensors simply doesn`t sense anymore.
The only system you can swithed off is the Obstacle Avoidance, wich uses the vision sensors.
If OA is not set to off and too dark ; OA does not function....

Light poles can hamper the good fuction of the OA, if OA ON and an obstacle is falses sensed, drone will brake or brake and climb...

cheers
JJB
2023-2-23
Use props
AZ Tony
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 02:29
I flew in the dark fairly frequently and not had this.   Did you have the radar turned on that shows the obstacles it's detected and their distance,  that might give a clue if it was false positive.         Also you could post your log file.  http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/

I’m not sure, I was solely looking at the drone while flying at the time this happened. I do remember seeing the yellow / red areas and warning sound while I was flying in between a fence and a tree earlier.
2023-2-23
Use props
AZ Tony
lvl.3
United States

JJB* Posted at 2-23 05:47
Hi,

Vision cannot be switched off, if too dark the sensors simply doesn`t sense anymore.

Sry, obstacle avoidance is what I was referring to. Mabel I was still too close to light poles at the time and didn’t realize it. I actually thought I was pretty clear of any objects. I will try it again another day and pay a little more attention to screen and surroundings.
2023-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules