Can't move camera angle with gimble dial
1323 6 2023-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KenFyfe
lvl.1

Canada

I've recently been experiencing an issue where I can't control the camera angle with the gimble dial with my DJI Smart Controller. When the drone powers up, the gimble motors go through their complete range of motion (side to side, up and down). When I try a gimble calibration, it appear to simple competely skip over that as there is no sign of that calibration procedure taking place.  Otherwise the drone flies and records videos and pictures properly.

Is there some reset that i need to perform to get back full functionality? Is there a chance that the gimble dial is busted and I can program that funciton to something else?
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to re-link the aircraft to the remote controller to see if the issue persists? Furthermore, you may plug in your remote controller and aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists. You may download the tutorial link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2023-2-23
Use props
KenFyfe
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you for the suggestions. I have two questions:
1) By re-linking the aircraft, do you mean that I have to go to Aircraft Management and remove the device from my list and then re-connecting?
2) The DJI Assistant 2 software that you sent the link for, points to an older version of software (2.0.14 for the Mac) which does not support the latest version of MacOS (13.2.1) that I currently have installed. I tried downloading and working with DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series, 2.1.16), but I can not get it to connect to my DJI Smart Controller.
Suggestions?
2023-2-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the smart controller supports the functions,
can you drag the gimbal about using the screen i.e. place a finger tip on the screen and move the finger tip around?
Have you tried calibrating the controller's joysticks and dial/s?
2023-2-26
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Refresh firmware on both drone and RC....you have plenty "how to..." on Youtube.
Also after refresh make a re-link....also on Youtube plenty videos.

Good luck.
2023-2-27
Use props
KenFyfe
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-23 18:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to re-link the aircraft to the remote controller to see if the issue persists? Furthermore, you may plug in your remote controller and aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists. You may download the tutorial link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

1) By re-linking the aircraft, do you mean that I have to go to Aircraft Management and remove the device from my list and then re-connecting?
2) The DJI Assistant 2 software that you sent the link for, points to an older version of software (2.0.14 for the Mac) which does not support the latest version of MacOS (13.2.1) that I currently have installed. I tried downloading and working with DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series, 2.1.16), but I can not get it to connect to my DJI Smart Controller.
Suggestions?
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

KenFyfe Posted at 2-27 17:13

Thank you for your response and I'm sorry for the confusion. We are referring to linking the remote controller again to the aircraft, you may check the tutorial below to follow. Also, the DJI Mavic 2 series only works on the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. Therefore, we highly recommend using a different computer or Mac that has a lower version to run the software. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2023-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules