Pushing my own limits indoor gaps + top speed(70,7kmh)
529 17 2023-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZippAce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490079 ft
Germany

While I still trying to improve my manual skills I record every flight and put it all together in this clip so I can also improve my editing skills. Not the greatest landscape or location but the edit come out quite good for me.

2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How well has the Avata held up to all those crashes?
2023-2-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A decent environment in which to practice your skills.
2023-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Obviously your flying skills have improved since Day 1.  I enjoyed watching the video.  
2023-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

MAF178 Posted at 2-24 08:44
thats the worest video i've seen in the forum . from the financial struggling poor germany

but any how thanks for sharing your sad story

Pretty harsh words.

My grandmother taught me that if I couldn't say something nice to just not say something at all.  I guess that was not something taught internationally.  
2023-2-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

no problem; looks good.  wish i had an indoor place to practice.
2023-2-24
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

Nice job! And nice improvement in flying skills- which tells me you killed a lot of electrons flying those missions.

I see you have the fly more combo, I am going for 4 packs - you think that will be enough?

good place to bounce off the floor and one of the best indoor venues I have seen - I may go hunting for a broke trampoline or gymnastics place and rent it for an hour (Drone races) :-)

I see you scraped the landing gear on at least one occasion - that's cool. Fly low and fast!

Nice job again!!
2023-2-24
Use props
ZippAce
lvl.2
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 06:28
How well has the Avata held up to all those crashes?

Very well, there's not even a scratch to see. Most of the time I just used the turtle mode and kept flying. Only one time as I crashed with 25kmh directly into a soft pad it gave some error messages and told me to restart the drone. After the restart it worked fine again. I have to say it's a very good beginner fpv drone with good durability
2023-2-24
Use props
ZippAce
lvl.2
Germany

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-24 13:31
Nice job! And nice improvement in flying skills- which tells me you killed a lot of electrons flying those missions.

I see you have the fly more combo, I am going for 4 packs - you think that will be enough?

You are right xD I was really flying a lot in manual in the past to train my manual skills. And I can tell you - at least from my experience - 3 battery packs are more than enough. Gives me about 30-40min flight time depending on the way I fly. After 30min fpv flying I really need a short break and if you are close to power you can easily recharge with a 65W Adapter in that time all 3 batteries.

And the location itself may be not as pretty as some mountain, beach or car videos but right now my focus is still on improving my skills and for this it's really a perfect location. But good luck at finding a broken Trampoline park, at least this location is nearly booked out all the time it's really crazy with over 200people every hour.
But you could Just ask if you could fly before the open hour or after closing, in this time it's really a drone paradise for practicing. That's how I do it
2023-2-24
Use props
ZippAce
lvl.2
Germany

MAF178 Posted at 2-24 08:44
thats the worest video i've seen in the forum . from the financial struggling poor germany

but any how thanks for sharing your sad story

I can handle constructive criticism very well, but you forgot the constr. part
Like I said before it's not a pretty beach or a fancy stinger car my dad bought for me that I tried to flex with in 4k flying with a motion controller were I cut out all the bad scenes. I actively decided to show all my crashes and mistakes on my way to learn manual mode. For me failure is a part of the process and I am not embarrassed to show it. Also I am really close to an airport with a lot of rules about drone flying were I at least try to don't break them, so indoor is my best option. Including  bad rainy days. The artifacial/low light conditions are not that easy to handle and I have easy access so for training purposes it's a perfect place.
My way of cutting the video or my editing skills are a different story and I can accept that not everybody likes it but It was great to learn the program and I had fun with it.
But the second part of your comment shows me your mental age, so, nevermind
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZippAce Posted at 2-24 13:37
Very well, there's not even a scratch to see. Most of the time I just used the turtle mode and kept flying. Only one time as I crashed with 25kmh directly into a soft pad it gave some error messages and told me to restart the drone. After the restart it worked fine again. I have to say it's a very good beginner fpv drone with good durability

Good to know,  I am tempted to get one tbh.
2023-2-24
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 23:42
Good to know,  I am tempted to get one tbh.

you should _ I was on the fence and I have to say its a great drone. The motion controller is not for me but it works and you can get SEMI-Precise with it.

The reason I purchased this over the Older model FPV drone is durability, This thing is a tank. And that makes DJI care 2 year plan super cheap for what it is

I have about 20 flights and love it so far
2023-2-25
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice place, flying and music, well done !!
2023-2-25
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-24 10:54
Pretty harsh words.

My grandmother taught me that if I couldn't say something nice to just not say something at all.  I guess that was not something taught internationally.

2023-2-25
Use props
ZippAce
lvl.2
Germany

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-25 07:54
you should _ I was on the fence and I have to say its a great drone. The motion controller is not for me but it works and you can get SEMI-Precise with it.

The reason I purchased this over the Older model FPV drone is durability, This thing is a tank. And that makes DJI care 2 year plan super cheap for what it is

Totally agree, this little drone is a tank and therefore a good beginner fpv drone. Also the safety aspect that you can just press one button for it to stop and switch back into normal mode where it can safely hover. Despite the fact that i really wanted to learn the manual mode I think the motion controller has also it's positive sides. From an easy start to fpv (you can instantly fly, very intuitive handling) up to flying really low and precise indoor which would take hundreds of hours into manual mode to get even close. A lot of people hated the motion controller in the beginning, including myself, but I just recently discovered the potential of it for a really low attidude precise flying, escpecially indoor. The combination of manual mode, the motion controller, the auto hovering, RTH function and the durability are just an awesome combination that you can't find with any other drone. Only the freestyle aspect isn't that great with the avata but it's not completly impossible and after all that's not what it's build for. So if anybody is still thinking about getting one and freestyle isn't his main use I would 100% recommend it.
2023-2-26
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

I agree 100% and the durability is awesome.
The flight time (I have been getting 11-12 minutes and not going below 30% ever on Battery) Compare that to 4 Minutes tops on my Luminaire and maybe 5 on my Blade 5" if I am easy.

This is not only NOT my first drone, but not my first FPV - I have 5 FPV quads now, (2) 5" racing drones mentioned above, 2 Blade Inductrix tiny whoops for indoor action - all analog Fat Shark and now this.

Turtle mode is awesome! That is all I  have to say.......I should have purchased a Tiny whoop that has turtle mode, would have saved me tons of Cardio over the years.

This is NOT a freestyle quad in any way. Its too top heavy and under powered for that, but it is killer for what it is and it is a good FPV drone capable of small spaces without breaking a prop or arm every 5 minutes while you are learning. And when you are ready it has manual mode, adjust the sticks on the real FPV controller 2 and off you go.

Once you get some basic manuvers in manual mode such as coordinated turns you will quickly want a more powerful quad, but fine, that is no big deal.
For me this was not only a good durable drone to practice on, easier to pick up and go to the park for 30 minutes than my analog gear. It was my break into Digital FPV with 1080 video downlink. Nothing else better is available today that I can see.

I continue to give this drone package 9.0 (WIth the motion controller) and soon to be more once I get and try my FPV Controller 2.

The only two drawbacks to this drone for me is the higher cost and the noise. It is major legue loud as Hell! You will not sneak up on a dead person with this bird. It litterally wakes the dead.

2023-2-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very impressive!
2023-2-27
Use props
ZippAce
lvl.2
Germany

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-26 07:57
I agree 100% and the durability is awesome.
The flight time (I have been getting 11-12 minutes and not going below 30% ever on Battery) Compare that to 4 Minutes tops on my Luminaire and maybe 5 on my Blade 5" if I am easy.

I agree with you, the noise is really bad. Compaired to other cinewhoops it's still okay, but often I hesitate to fly because I don't want to disturb other people. If it would be possible to have this drone with the sound of let's say the mini 3 pro so you cannot hear it after 10m it would be the best allround drone. Maybe, just maybe, dji is experimenting with toroidale props and finds the holy grail to get even this cinewhoop quiter without any big performance loses. I mean, dreaming is allowed but I don't believe that it will happen
2023-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules