4074 26 2023-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1034554 ft
Portugal

Hello all,

I´ve been strugguling to understand why I cannot get more than 33 mbps transmission even though I can be one meter away from the drone. Already reinstalled drone and goggles 2 last firmware through dji assistant and still I´m getting the same results.  Is there a away I can increase this rate?

Great thanks to all for your help.
Cheers,
Ludo

2023-2-25
Use props
djiuser_84IYItoSCbZH
lvl.2

Canada

I am wondering the samething!
2023-2-25
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What frame rate do you want to film at?

Try another..., please.
2023-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ludo. Thank you for reaching out. Do you mean image transmission bitrate? If yes please note that the image transmission bitrate is determined according to the wireless signal quality, and the wireless signal quality will be affected by many aspects, including the firmware version, bandwidth, environmental disturbance, hardware, etc. So the image transmission quality will also change dynamically and the max image transmission bitrate is 50Mbps (ideal environment). We suggest changing the testing set (for example, setting the communication bandwidth to 40GHZ then test in an open outdoor area under non-broadcast mode).
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd
lvl.2
Portugal

Hello Gamora,

Thanks for your reply. I´ve just tested it on a different area (wide open field) and still I get maximum 33 mbps (image transmission). This happens like 1 meter away from the aircraft. I´ve updated both firmwares (goggles and drone) through DJI assistant and I get the same result. Also tried at 40ghz and same result....Considering this was tested in 3 different locations, all wide open fields, I don´t think the environment is affecting anything.

Is there a way I can hard reset the drone and goggles?

Thank you
Ludo
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd
lvl.2
Portugal

frankymusik Posted at 2-25 23:04
What frame rate do you want to film at?

Try another..., please.

I´m using standard color profile, frame rate 4k60fps.
2023-2-26
Use props
ZippAce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490079 ft
Germany

After reading your post I was checking my last footage on my goggles with the transmission rate and my rates also droped down to most of the time under 33mbps. Very rarely it goes up to 41mbps. And all the flights have been at the excatly same location and spot. And if I look at flights from 2 or 3 weeks ago I had nearly all the time full 50 mbps (same location, same spot, same settings).
Was there any update that changed anything with the transmission in the last 2 or 3 weeks?
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd
lvl.2
Portugal

ZippAce Posted at 2-26 05:31
After reading your post I was checking my last footage on my goggles with the transmission rate and my rates also droped down to most of the time under 33mbps. Very rarely it goes up to 41mbps. And all the flights have been at the excatly same location and spot. And if I look at flights from 2 or 3 weeks ago I had nearly all the time full 50 mbps (same location, same spot, same settings).
Was there any update that changed anything with the transmission in the last 2 or 3 weeks?

Interesting information. I only purchased the Avata in early February so I don´t have enough background to confirm how was it performing before. It´s frustrating as I never got more than 33 mbps...
2023-2-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd Posted at 2-26 02:43
I´m using standard color profile, frame rate 4k60fps.

... I remembered the following post (here in the forum) and suspected that yours could be a similar problem ...:

30fps mode and video transmission rate
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd
lvl.2
Portugal

frankymusik Posted at 2-26 09:49
... I remembered the following post (here in the forum) and suspected that yours could be a similar problem ...:

I saw that post and I also though it could be related but I´m using 4k60fps all the time...
2023-2-26
Use props
ZippAce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490079 ft
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 2-26 09:49

Hmmm interesting, actually I was using 30fps with my last flights. Thanks
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd
lvl.2
Portugal

This is a quick recording from the Goggles that shows how bad is my video rate. Like 27mbps 1/2 meter away from the Avata. Crazy...

2023-2-26
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139167 ft
Austria

djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd Posted at 2-26 10:23
This is a quick recording from the Goggles that shows how bad is my video rate. Like 27mbps 1/2 meter away from the Avata. Crazy...

DJI Avata low video transmission issue

how exactly is that a problem if the picture is perfectly fine?
maybe the codec does not need more bits for the highest supported quality?
2023-2-26
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 01:05
Hi, Ludo. Thank you for reaching out. Do you mean image transmission bitrate? If yes please note that the image transmission bitrate is determined according to the wireless signal quality, and the wireless signal quality will be affected by many aspects, including the firmware version, bandwidth, environmental disturbance, hardware, etc. So the image transmission quality will also change dynamically and the max image transmission bitrate is 50Mbps (ideal environment). We suggest changing the testing set (for example, setting the communication bandwidth to 40GHZ then test in an open outdoor area under non-broadcast mode).

I have posted similar issue that I have experienced on this post

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=284060

To summarize, when changing the ISO on the Camera settings on Manual the video transmission rate to the goggles is being affected causing loss of video signal and lower range.

For reference:
ISO 100 will only reach up to 20 Mbps
ISO 200 will only reach up to 25 Mbps
ISO 400 will only reach up to 33 Mbps
ISO 800 will only reach up to 40 Mbps
ISO 1600 will only reach up to 37 Mbps
ISO 3200 is able to reach up to 50 Mbps
ISO 6400 is able to reach up to 50 Mbps
ISO 12800 is able to reach up to 50 Mbps
ISO 25600 is able to reach up to 50 Mbps
This isn't an issue in the previous firmware update prior to the release of the 10-bit.

Please refer to the encircled part of the screenshot below regarding the transmission I am talking about.

202832ykotpq88g1wpq5ft.jpg

2023-2-26
Use props
fisher069
lvl.1

Australia

funny I always had 50 mbps on take off until this weekend just gone now the best I can get is 31
2023-2-27
Use props
djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd
lvl.2
Portugal

MoppelMat Posted at 2-26 15:11
how exactly is that a problem if the picture is perfectly fine?
maybe the codec does not need more bits for the highest supported quality?

Well in my case and starting a flight at 33 mbps will lead to a significant drop a few meters away specially If you have trees around the area. The good news here is that after reseting again the goggles, controller and drone I´m now getting 50mbps I did a quick test and it´s no brainer, I can go at least 100 meters at 50mbps without any drop. So there was an issue apparently. Now I will test how it perfoms over D-Cinelike color mode
2023-2-27
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Philippines

djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd Posted at 2-27 03:34
Well in my case and starting a flight at 33 mbps will lead to a significant drop a few meters away specially If you have trees around the area. The good news here is that after reseting again the goggles, controller and drone I´m now getting 50mbps  I did a quick test and it´s no brainer, I can go at least 100 meters at 50mbps without any drop. So there was an issue apparently. Now I will test how it perfoms over D-Cinelike color mode

The problem will be back once you start using manual camera settings, manipulating the ISO and settings it to D-CINELIKE.
2023-2-27
Use props
fisher069
lvl.1

Australia

ok so I was having this problem so I went through the settings looking for what I missed and I turned broadcasting off and I am back at 50mbpds flex approx 2km line of sight and held 50 mbps very windy today and only had a 50% battery but looks like that has me sorted hope it helps you guys as well
2023-2-27
Use props
djiuser_84IYItoSCbZH
lvl.2

Canada

fisher069 Posted at 2-27 23:06
ok so I was having this problem so I went through the settings looking for what I missed and I turned broadcasting off and I am back at 50mbpds flex approx 2km line of sight and held 50 mbps very windy today and only had a 50% battery but looks like that has me sorted hope it helps you guys as well

Turning off broadcasting worked for me as well
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_jcyIEOiqIbQd Posted at 2-26 02:41
Hello Gamora,

Thanks for your reply. I´ve just tested it on a different area (wide open field) and still I get maximum 33 mbps (image transmission). This happens like 1 meter away from the aircraft. I´ve updated both firmwares (goggles and drone) through DJI assistant and I get the same result. Also tried at 40ghz and same result....Considering this was tested in 3 different locations, all wide open fields, I don´t think the environment is affecting anything.

Hi, Ludo. Thank you for the update. DJI Avata doesn't have a factory reset feature. For factory reset on DJI FPV Goggles V2/2, you may go to Setting>About>Reset all. Please make sure to back up the files of the unit before restoring the factory settings.
If the issue persists, please provide us with the following details for further checking:

Here's how you can get the logs from the drone and goggles:

1) Connect the goggles/drone to the computer, and launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) which can be downloaded on this website: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata).

2) Click “DJI Goggles 2/V2 or DJI Avata” and “Log Export”, then select the required flight control data of the goggles. Click ""Save to local"", select the saved path, and wait until the download is complete.

Once the required information has been completed, kindly upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Elendil Posted at 2-26 17:01
I have posted similar issue that I have experienced on this post

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=284060

Hi, Elendil. Thank you for joining this thread and we're sorry to read that you're experiencing the same issue. Can you please export the logs as well so that we can add them to the investigation of our relevant team? Please see the instruction from reply #20 (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =285856&pid=2991725). Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-3-1
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-1 03:55
Hi, Elendil. Thank you for joining this thread and we're sorry to read that you're experiencing the same issue. Can you please export the logs as well so that we can add them to the investigation of our relevant team? Please see the instruction from post #20 (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=285856&pid=2991725). Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hi DJI Gamora,

I have sent you a private message for the google drive link. For reference I did the 4k/60 and 4k/30 settings for reference.
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Elendil Posted at 3-1 17:33
Hi DJI Gamora,

I have sent you a private message for the google drive link. For reference I did the 4k/60 and 4k/30 settings for reference.

Hi, Elendil. Thank you for your cooperation. We have forwarded the link to our relevant team for further checking. I'll let you know once I receive an update from them. Thank you.
2023-3-3
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I am wondering the samething!
2023-3-13
Use props
Ricardo Cerqueira
lvl.2

Portugal

I was having the same issue before i lose completely my avata to the sea due to a loss of signal. I always had 20bmps above my head 1 meter away. I noticed the problem started after the 10bit update. With color profile the signal is 50mbps. When i change to d-cinelike the signal goes to 20/30 mbps again. Factory resetting doesnt work, because as soon as you switch back to d-cinelike its gone. The only solution is to fly in color profile and its not a solution for me as i need the best possible quality on post production. I already contacted dji team and they helped me getting a new avata, but that is an issue with the firmware and i am really afraid to fly it now, and its a shame because im pretty good at manual mode already.
2023-3-23
Use props
djiuser_KVuXjCnNh93D
New
Flight distance : 170909 ft
Italy

i'm getting the same problem (drone purchased last week)... is a drone difect and need to be replaced? let me know please
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KVuXjCnNh93D Posted at 7-17 00:46
i'm getting the same problem (drone purchased last week)... is a drone difect and need to be replaced? let me know please

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Was this issue already fixed? If not yet, have you already considered reply #2 from DJI Gamora and flown the drone from a different environment? I will wait for your reply. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules