Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sudupe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 691407 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello

For people who has big hands it’s really hard to put out the sd memory to view videos on HD.

It’s any way to connect avata wirelessly to have access to the sd?

Thanks

PD: any trick to put out the sd easily?
2023-2-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

unfortunately there is no reliable way to do this.
2023-2-27
Use props
Sudupe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 691407 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I thought it would be posible like the mini with quicktranfer.
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sudupe. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. We regret to inform you that there is currently no method to transfer the photos/videos wirelessly. DJI Avata does not support the QuickTransfer function, too. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Alternatively, you may use a wired method to transfer the materials to your Android device or PC to view them there. This way, there's no need to remove the SD card from the drone. Here's how:
Transfer to Android:
1. Connect the drone to the mobile device with the USB cable and then read files on Android directly.
2. Using OTG cable and USB cable to connect the DJI Avata drone to the mobile phone: The OTG cable needs to be connected to the mobile phone.
Additional info:
How to determine that the drone is connected to an Android device successfully: Check whether there is a pop-up window when the USB cable is connected to the mobile device. If yes, choose “File transfer." If no prompt is shown, replace the cable and try again. (It can access the internal storage and footage stored in the microSD card directly without powering on the aircraft.)
Note: This is currently not supported for iOS devices.
Transfer to PC:
1. Use a USB-C cable to connect the aircraft to the PC (with the SD card in).
2. Select the corresponding disk, then find the folder named DCIM and save it locally on the PC.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-27
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2-27 22:09
Hi, Sudupe. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. We regret to inform you that there is currently no method to transfer the photos/videos wirelessly. DJI Avata does not support the QuickTransfer function, too. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Alternatively, you may use a wired method to transfer the materials to your Android device or PC to view them there. Here's how:
Transfer to Android:
1. Connect the drone to the mobile device with the USB cable and then read files on Android directly.

Plugging in an USB-C cable is then a similar problem as accessing the SD card...!!!   
2023-2-27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

If you use a 90 degree connector, plugging in the usb-c cable is a LOT simpler
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1 ... atewayAdapt=glo2nld
2023-2-27
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

BadBert Posted at 2-27 23:54
If you use a 90 degree connector, plugging in the usb-c cable is a LOT simpler
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005004568036930.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.17.4af779d2mUUSqU&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

I also use such a 90° connector.  
But it's still not very easy to put that angled plug in properly.  
If someone is having trouble removing the SD card, then surely they are also having trouble with the USB-C cable...   
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 2-27 22:26
Plugging in an USB-C cable is then a similar problem as accessing the SD card...!!!

Hi, Captain. We apologize if you're also experiencing difficulties with the transfer process. Removing the SD card and inserting it into a computer or using a USB cable to connect the drone to another device (computer or mobile phone) are the only methods we can use currently. Rest assured, feedback about this trouble will reach our designated team. We hope a wireless connection will be supported soon. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a great day.
2023-2-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2-28 21:35
Hi, Captain. We apologize if you're also experiencing difficulties with the transfer process. Removing the SD card and inserting it into a computer or using a USB cable to connect the drone to another device (computer or mobile phone) are the only methods we can use currently. Rest assured, feedback about this trouble will reach our designated team. We hope a wireless connection will be supported soon. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a great day.

Hi DJI Tony,

I don't really have any problems myself, neither with the SD card nor with the USB cable...
... but I think that someone who cannot change the SD card due to large hands really also has problems with the USB-C cable....

So personally I've gotten used to it quite well...   
2023-2-28
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Yes I agree. It is really difficult and troublesome to remove or insert an SD card or USB-C cable.
2023-2-28
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the biggest design flow of Avata (SD and USB place) and it's a shame for DJI to not think of an alternative wireless method to transfer files
2023-3-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 3-1 07:25
This is the biggest design flow of Avata (SD and USB place)  and it's a shame for DJI to not think of an alternative wireless method to transfer files
Yes, of course it could be solved better...
But, you also have to consider that the entire "control" is not only "used" for the Avata!  
It is a compact unit that can hardly be built in any other way, and would also have problems placing the connections somewhere else via cable...   
2023-3-1
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-1 08:10
Yes, of course it could be solved better...
But, you also have to consider that the entire "control" is not only "used" for the Avata!  
It is a compact unit that can hardly be built in any other way, and would also have problems placing the connections somewhere else via cable...

If You want something - You find a way to do it, if you don't you find excuses ;)
2023-3-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

what if the choice is either no sd card (internal memory only) or anticipate that everyone will have meltdown and as such, put in the sd card in the only place left you can squeeze one in?

if i had to choose between where it is located today and a bigger drone plus another 6 months delay to the schedule.....i find it hard to believe that dji is so careless.
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 2-28 22:52
Hi DJI Tony,

I don't really have any problems myself, neither with the SD card nor with the USB cable...

We understand. We will continue to push users' feedback and we hope that soon a wireless method will be supported. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-3-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 3-1 12:06
If You want something - You find a way to do it, if you don't you find excuses ;)

Hello Alex,
that sounds a bit too easy for me, you can always say that...     
2023-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules