2033 12 2023-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picture Factory
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5059882 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Transmission system, 1080P 60 video is not smooth at receiver. I get a noticeable stutter when there is motion, like panning. Looks like video is skipping frames. I have 2 High Bright monitor/receivers and they both do it. Latest firmware loaded on all parts, 01.05.0300. Tried 3 different cameras, Sony A7SIII and 2 different Sony PMW-F5's. Even if I do a hard line HDMI feed into the receiver/monitor it still stutters. I want to use this for live TV but it won't interface with a broadcast TV truck because of this problem. Also, we really need other output formats like 1080i 59.94 as well as 1080P 59.94.

I ended up getting the new Teradek Bolt 6 GHz system and it works great. Not the same range as Transmission but at 6 GHz no worry of interference...yet.
If this can't be fixed I will have a DJI transmission for sale if someone wants it.

Anyone else see this on their systems??

Already sent an inquiry to DJI about this.

Cheers, Craig

2023-2-27
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Regarding other video outputs I meant to say 1080i 29.97
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Do you have a video for us to verify the issue?
2023-2-27
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hi Wanda,
Here is a video I took.
2023-2-27
Use props
Vegas Drone Op
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11196125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue! Trying to use this on UFC for fighter walks and it is dropping frames. Plus I’m outputting 59.94i from the camera and it is coming out of the high bright monitor as 60p. We need an option to select broadcast output formats and specific frame rates. That, or just pass the signal through without changing it.
2023-7-1
Use props
dani dennison
New

United States

Same problem for me! This is dropping frames when used on UFC for fighter walks. Additionally, the camera is outputting 59.94i, but the high-brightness monitor is showing 60p. We require the ability to choose particular frame rates and broadcast output types. Alternately, the signal might just be passed through unchanged.Please Guide me.....

2023-7-8
Use props
fans903a18b2
New

Singapore

Hello!

Did you get any resolution with DJI for this issue. May be experiencing something similar.

Thanks,
Pete
2023-8-23
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans903a18b2 Posted at 8-23 00:02
Hello!

Did you get any resolution with DJI for this issue. May be experiencing something similar.

I sent the system in to DJI and they replaced the Monitor but the image I see on the monitor is still not smooth. Now with the new firmware updates I am seeing smooth video output from the monitors SDI out...if you have that option. Still no proper fractional frame rates though.

The new DJI stand alone receiver is the fix as it can output the proper fractional frame rates now, 1080i 59.94, 1080P 59.94 and others. I haven't picked it up yet but plan too. I am using a Blackmagic cross converter to get the proper frame rates when needed. I still use my Teradek Bolt 6 first unless I need more range, then I go with the DJI Transmission.

I hope they will update the monitor to output the fractional frame rates??

Cheers, Craig
2023-8-25
Use props
Martinslog
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi, i just bought the DJI transmission standart combo (without screen) and i am experiencing the same issue what you describe here.
I tried older firmware, newest firmware, broadcast modes, controle mode etc. Basicilly everything and nothing helps.
Do someone have any clue or solution how to fix this?
2023-10-17
Use props
ddecker
lvl.2

Canada

I've been struggling for a while to get a stable signal suitable for live broadcast television. As you can see from the screenshot, taken from DJI's own website, the High-Bright Remote Monitor is supposed to support drop frames (23.98/29.97/59.94). Unless there is a hidden menu that I'm not aware of, this is currently not possible. I've tried converting the signal using blackmagic design, AJA, and Decimator converters. No matter what I've tried the footage stutters and is unfit for broadcast. To add insult to injury the audio is not embedding on SDI, it only outputs over HDMI which means we have to use a HDMI cable that can easily disconnect if the device gets nudged.
2023-10-24
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I am still having the same problem with video stutter no matter what I do. I have another friend who says he has no issues. I wonder if it is something about the camera I am using? I use a Sony F5 and I have tried every option and still no good. I'm hopeful that a fix or solution is out there as I want the range and stability these systems have to offer.
2023-10-24
Use props
juliusoncamera
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Being in the UK I am recording and outputting 1080 50P from my A7S iii but the signal output from the High Bright monitor via SDI or HDMI is 60P!
This doesn't make any sense at all and makes any remote recording or transmission for broadcast unusable.
The proxy recording on the micro SD card hovers around 50P with about a 10% wavering.
I am also getting plenty of pops added to the audio by the time it's output from the High Bright monitor HDMI.
The usefulness of this system is diminishing unfortunately.
2023-11-15
Use props
Spyder
lvl.2
United Kingdom

juliusoncamera Posted at 2023-11-15 10:11
Being in the UK I am recording and outputting 1080 50P from my A7S iii but the signal output from the High Bright monitor via SDI or HDMI is 60P!
This doesn't make any sense at all and makes any remote recording or transmission for broadcast unusable.
The proxy recording on the micro SD card hovers around 50P with about a 10% wavering.

Is the 60p output issue resolved, I'm UK based and looking to buy the Transmission TX monitor combo but need stable 50p output for my streaming encoder - thanks
1-16 12:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules