Where to attach lanyard
2380 17 2023-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy42
lvl.2
United Kingdom

For a minute there I thought the speaker slots on the top were for attaching a lanyard.

Seems like a no-brainer for dji to have a place to attach one. I have a lanyard on my garmin edge and I loop it round my handlebars so I cant accidentally drop it. If there isnt one, may I suggest dji incorporate one in the Action 4?

Meanwhile, im eyeing the cage carefully ... suggestions?

Thanks

Andy
2023-2-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

no spots if asked.

I not do the port door thing, but like said the cage, on the    open close part perfect hole there
2023-2-27
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
United States

You can get one of these. This one also comes with a string. They also sell these on Amazon (I believe).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004803573681.html
2023-2-27
Use props
andy42
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I like the look of the last one @osmonauta.  Trouble with doing it with the cage is it will distort the cage but the one on the link looks perfect. Glad I asked. Thank you -andy
2023-2-27
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

If you want to use a lanyard with the cage, just get another magnetic quick mount. Put the cage on the camera and mount it on the handlebar. Then, attach the other magnetic mount to the cage as well and put the lanyard across the hole of the magnetic mount.
2023-2-27
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 2-27 14:59
If you want to use a lanyard with the cage, just get another magnetic quick mount. Put the cage on the camera and mount it on the handlebar. Then, attach the other magnetic mount to the cage as well and put the lanyard across the hole of the magnetic mount.

That's what I figured out and plan to do with my camera mounted on the wing strut of my plane.  Cheap insurance!
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Andy. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, there's no lanyard hole on Osmo Action 3 but if you're using the Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame, you may put your lanyard like this:
2023-2-27
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

lanyard

@fish. the snapper is not save
downside is better
IMG_20230228_052827.jpg
IMG_20230228_070048.jpg
2023-2-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

glad DJI shouwed the properspot but agree get a lanyard  hook on the actual camera not an attachment
2023-2-28
Use props
andy42
lvl.2
United Kingdom

20230228  070048 looks best for now, or the extra magnetic clip (Ive also ordered the silicone cover with a lens cover (amazon)  but weeks to come) but its definitely no-brainer to put a place on action 4. Thanks dji and all. -andy
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-28 03:36
glad DJI shouwed the properspot but agree get a lanyard  hook on the actual camera not an attachment

Hi, Fishycomics. We will take this as a suggestion for a possible hardware feature in our future products. Thank you for your support.
2023-2-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-28 03:58
Hi, Fishycomics. We will take this as a suggestion for a possible hardware feature in our future products. Thank you for your support.

thank you but  remember no where near the mic and actiOn sensor otherwise it will cause issues
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-28 04:46
thank you but  remember no where near the mic and actiOn sensor otherwise it will cause issues

Hi, Fishycomics. Thank you for your insight. We will add this to the suggestion report that I have submitted. Thank you for your valued support and have a nice day.
2023-2-28
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 2-27 14:59
If you want to use a lanyard with the cage, just get another magnetic quick mount. Put the cage on the camera and mount it on the handlebar. Then, attach the other magnetic mount to the cage as well and put the lanyard across the hole of the magnetic mount.

you dont need a second quickmount
IMG_20230301_110440.jpg
IMG_20230301_111154.jpg
2023-3-1
Use props
andy42
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am new to Dji but I observe that Dji listens to and discusses with its customers - this (combined with innovative thinking)  is the way to develop the best products and explains why the Action 3 is the best out there. I am very pleased to buy products from a company that works this way. -andy (not paid by Dji, just being honest and giving credit where its due)
2023-3-1
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

lutzmix Posted at 3-1 02:33
you dont need a second quickmount

That looks good but why do you have a lanyard on the magnetic mount?  Are you suggesting connecting the yellow lanyard in your photo to the black one on the magnetic mount?  That would seem to be a good solution.
2023-3-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

andy42 Posted at 3-1 02:36
I am new to Dji but I observe that Dji listens to and discusses with its customers - this (combined with innovative thinking)  is the way to develop the best products and explains why the Action 3 is the best out there. I am very pleased to buy products from a company that works this way. -andy (not paid by Dji, just being honest and giving credit where its due)

DJI comments I would not say they listen or indeed hear
2023-3-1
Use props
andy42
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-1 22:39
DJI comments I would not say they listen or indeed hear

Dji responded on this thread -andy
2023-3-2
Use props
Advanced