1786 4 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tatsumaru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 461506 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I have a 1-week old DJI Mini 3 and having difficulty charging it.
I have tried multiple cables and chargers, but I seem to really struggle to charge this thing on my best chargers - it tries to fast charge but then just stops.

Video of issue:

In the video, the drone is on about 60% battery. I only have 1 battery so I can't test any others.

The issue is exactly the same on an Anker 60w charger with 1 USB C port. In the video is a brand new 2x USB C 40w anker charger - but as you can see it, in the video the brick can also charge at 27w.

All said and done, surprisingly, I can fast charge the drone on a 45w anker power bank #confused
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We have checked the video that you posted and it seems that it does not match the protocol and the charger has no output voltage, therefore cannot be charged. DJI Mini 3 supports the USB Power Delivery protocol (USB-PD fast charging). It is recommended to use the DJI 30W USB-C Charger or other USB Power Delivery chargers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-2
Use props
Tatsumaru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 461506 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you Paladin. I think the "noob move" I made is not buying a charger with power delivery, which is why my powerbank charges the done successfully, because it has power delivery output.

Thanks for your help. A shame that so many devices don't come with chargers anymore and the DJI website is out of stock, but I'll find a solution.
2023-3-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tatsumaru Posted at 3-2 01:29
Thank you Paladin. I think the "noob move" I made is not buying a charger with power delivery, which is why my powerbank charges the done successfully, because it has power delivery output.

Thanks for your help. A shame that so many devices don't come with chargers anymore and the DJI website is out of stock, but I'll find a solution.

When I 1st saw your thread no one had replied so I wrote a long'ish reply mentioning that it could be that the power bank is PD, after I wrote it but before I posted it, I checked on the specs of the Mini 3  and the Pro and couldn't find any mention of PD, so I deleted the reply in case I looked foolish lol, glad ya got it figured out
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tatsumaru Posted at 3-2 01:29

You're welcome and sorry for the late response. Should you need anything else, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules