Bizarre Air 2S Gimbal Problem
3881 10 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sSzdN6wG6Ix2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2599551 ft
United States

I have a weird A2S gimbal problem. Anytime it is pointed to the right (except during startup) it gets stuck and cannot move back to center, then generates a Gimbal Motor Overloaded error message. If you nudge it left with a finger, it recovers and you see no issues while flying. Same thing with auto calibration; if you nudge it as soon as it sticks, calibration completes and is accurate. If you nudge it too late, when calibration is 80% complete (which is where the Fly app gets stuck), it will complete but not actually level the camera. This is totally consistent; last week I launched and the gimbal stuck, so I brought the drone down to chest height and nudged, the gimbal recovered and worked perfectly throughout the flight. Has anyone seen the same issue? Thanks.
2023-3-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

If no debris is in there, you may have a defective motor.
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such difficulties.
Here are some recommendations you may perform/check:
1. If there are accessories attached to the gimbal and camera (such as filters), please remove them, recalibrate the gimbal, and check if the issue remains.
2. Check for any debris stuck on the gimbal. Power off the aircraft, move the gimbal gently at every angle with your hand and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If yes, clean them off, restart the aircraft, and recalibrate the gimbal.
3. Refresh or update the firmware through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
If the issue persists, kindly post a short video showing the issue and the errors. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-1
Use props
djiuser_sSzdN6wG6Ix2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-1 20:38
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such difficulties.
Here are some recommendations you may perform/check:
1. If there are accessories attached to the gimbal and camera (such as filters), please remove them, recalibrate the gimbal, and check if the issue remains.

Thanks for the reply Tony...I had already done 1,2 and 3. Here are two clips; in the first auto calibration completes after more than one minute, but the camera is not level (many times calibration does not complete at all).  In the second clip I nudge the gimbal to center as soon as it sticks, calibration completes and the camera is level. Thanks again, let me know if you would like to see anything else.

2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_sSzdN6wG6Ix2 Posted at 3-2 09:34
Thanks for the reply Tony...I had already done 1,2 and 3. Here are two clips; in the first auto calibration completes after more than one minute, but the camera is not level (many times calibration does not complete at all).  In the second clip I nudge the gimbal to center as soon as it sticks, calibration completes and the camera is level. Thanks again, let me know if you would like to see anything else.

https://youtu.be/cns4vS8iyIo

Thanks for the update, and for sharing the video. We're afraid you may consider sending the drone back for a proper diagnosis. We understand that this is not the response you hoped to hear, but for this issue, this is the best resolution. We suggest you submit an Online Repair Request or contact out Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for more details. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Thank you, and stay safe.
2023-3-3
Use props
djiuser_sSzdN6wG6Ix2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 01:18
Thanks for the update, and for sharing the video. We're afraid you may consider sending the drone back for a proper diagnosis. We understand that this is not the response you hoped to hear, but for this issue, this is the best resolution. We suggest you submit an Online Repair Request or contact out Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for more details. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Thank you, and stay safe.

You're right, it's not what I hoped for, but it is what I expected! Thanks again for the quick responses, I'll send it in when I can. Cheers!
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_sSzdN6wG6Ix2 Posted at 3-3 09:12
You're right, it's not what I hoped for, but it is what I expected! Thanks again for the quick responses, I'll send it in when I can. Cheers!

Thanks for your understanding. We hope the process works smoothly for you. Have a nice day.
2023-3-5
Use props
kevinhart992
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184213 ft
United States

I had the same exact problem.  I had DJI Care Service and shipping of the drone was easy.  They actually sent me a brand new drone within like 5 days.  Very quick and good support.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kevinhart992@gm Posted at 3-19 05:11
I had the same exact problem.  I had DJI Care Service and shipping of the drone was easy.  They actually sent me a brand new drone within like 5 days.  Very quick and good support.

Thanks for your feedback, kevinhart992.
Your feedback is our greatest motivation. We will keep providing professional service in the future. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-3-19
Use props
djiuser_bfW0HpoH0WOH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57700 ft

United States

I had bought a drone in used condition (Dji Air 2S) and all it needed was a bracket for the gimbal so I bought it and replaced it and the issue I only have now is the Gimbal stuck error, I tried cleaning the gimbal again I tried retarting I did the update and when I tried doing auto calibration it stays at 0% for 2-5min and says gimbal calibration failed but when I did it on PC it moves it left to right just fine but up down and tilt don't work. Could it be the PTZ cable? If so why wouldn't I get atleast some percentage on the auto calibration? Any clue what might be the issue? Thanks
2-9 13:40
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_bfW0HpoH0WOH Posted at 2-9 13:40
I had bought a drone in used condition (Dji Air 2S) and all it needed was a bracket for the gimbal so I bought it and replaced it and the issue I only have now is the Gimbal stuck error, I tried cleaning the gimbal again I tried retarting I did the update and when I tried doing auto calibration it stays at 0% for 2-5min and says gimbal calibration failed but when I did it on PC it moves it left to right just fine but up down and tilt don't work. Could it be the PTZ cable? If so why wouldn't I get atleast some percentage on the auto calibration? Any clue what might be the issue? Thanks

Hello there. We suggest sending the aircraft to DJI for further inspection. You can submit a repair request on the DJI official website or you can use this link: [url]https://repair.dji.com/[/url]. We appreciate your valued support.
2-9 21:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules