5095 33 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274636 ft
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

Just saw AxisFlying released their 3.5 custom avata frame. It comes with a custom frame, new c157-2 motors, 3 four blade props and a go pro mount.

The new propeller guard looks like it increase air flow to the props. They claim to have little or no prop wash. What are your thoughts.
989A44BA-248E-466D-B371-821BC9AED159.jpeg
FAB32936-2361-41CE-B4EE-216E2D05D508.jpeg
D664F707-8E14-488F-8D71-AED4AD5C9011.jpeg
2023-3-1
Use props
djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

Disregard the “3 four blade props” meant to say “4 blade props”
2023-3-1
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Can't wait to see some reviews. I was waiting for it since I saw their video in January.
2023-3-1
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

It also seems to put the USB-C connector in a more reasonable and accessible place!
2023-3-1
Use props
fansdff4d711
lvl.3
Germany

Maybe in one and a half year, when my DJI Care Refresh expires. Until then, I'm happy with the basic setup.
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder, we do not recommend you use third-party accessories, because we cannot promise its performance, the compatibility of accessories may affect the flight performance and functions of the aircraft. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are there any reviews yet?
2023-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No doubt that kit will sale out quickly.  Very nice design.  
2023-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-1 22:47
It also seems to put the USB-C connector in a more reasonable and accessible place!

2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 00:56

None so far. Was just interested to see how the performance was to the original. If it tumbles or not.
2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-2 03:42
No doubt that kit will sale out quickly.  Very nice design.

It does look sleek.
2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-2 00:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder, we do not recommend you use third-party accessories, because we cannot promise its performance, the compatibility of accessories may affect the flight performance and functions of the aircraft. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Was just wondering if this solves the tumble issue or not. If the prop guard helps maybe you guys can make a custom prop guard like this one that allows more air to the propellers.
2023-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM Posted at 3-2 03:45
None so far. Was just interested to see how the performance was to the original. If it tumbles or not.

Id also love to see a build how to for it.
2023-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Agreed.  
2023-3-2
Use props
FC Productions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 283940 ft
France

Helloooo !

I'm very interested in this product and I've done as much research as I could

Here is the information I know:
- This frame changes the aerodynamics so the avata trumble problem is now solved lets goo!

-   important ! it is not possible to use the motors of DJI, on the photos the motors and the frame of Axisflying have 4 screws while the motors DJI have 3 screws, they will not be screwable.

- A video from axisflying will be published soon to see how to mount the new frame

- The frame adds weight to the dji avata
- They will also explain how to change the tunes of the drone so that it supports the modifications made (I didn't even know it was possible on the avata)

- The access to the usb type c is more practical and a gopro support is added as you can see on the pictures

And if we have the kit with the motors and the frame the Avata becomes much more powerful and especially more reliable

2023-3-2
Use props
fans19b053bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34196 ft
United States

Went on sale yesterday, ordered yesterday
2023-3-2
Use props
fans19b053bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34196 ft
United States

But no protection against dirt on landing, I’m gonna put a rubber cover over mine
2023-3-2
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

that alone is worth the price of admission in my book.
Some good points here made - cant wait to see some videos and reviews of the results.
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM Posted at 3-2 03:48
Was just wondering if this solves the tumble issue or not. If the prop guard helps maybe you guys can make a custom prop guard like this one that allows more air to the propellers.

Thank you for your response. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to the relevant team for attention. Please stay tuned to our official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-3
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely win
2023-3-3
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Can't wait to see some reviews. I was waiting for it since I saw their video in January.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_xl6g5ghpmb3W
New
Flight distance : 354429 ft
Ireland

So I ordered this kit and it’s arriving tomorrow. I’m really curious to know why not a single YouTuber has reviewed or even talked about it yet. Since I’m getting it tomorrow (and I live in Europe) I would imagine that one of the US or Australia based creators would have received theirs by now.
2023-3-14
Use props
djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw
lvl.2
United States

Here is the review video. He's got another on his channel. https://youtu.be/rOI8YCFY2B8
2023-3-19
Use props
T3lmuf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3619131 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

2023-3-19
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

delete this
2023-3-19
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why...............?
2023-3-19
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

Lucas626 Posted at 3-19 17:06
Why...............?

because i cant delete my posts please mods delete all my posts from this topic
2023-3-19
Use props
emmgr
lvl.1
Cabo Verde

djiuser_xl6g5ghpmb3W Posted at 3-14 05:52
So I ordered this kit and it’s arriving tomorrow. I’m really curious to know why not a single YouTuber has reviewed or even talked about it yet. Since I’m getting it tomorrow (and I live in Europe) I would imagine that one of the US or Australia based creators would have received theirs by now.

Where you made the order? Did you have to pay custom fee?
2023-4-25
Use props
Luzine
lvl.1
United States

I recently grabbed an upgraded Avata with the 3.5 frame and stronger motors.
Anyone know of a case that will accommodate the larger frame / bumper guards ?
Thanks all.
2023-7-3
Use props
djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw
lvl.2
United States

So I made this upgrade and was down for a couple of months, probably because I overestimated my soldering ability. Ended up frying an ESC but I'm finally back up and running.
   First of all, no motor overload warnings for me. I think in videos where it happens, it's the result of AVATA being programmed to understand specific kV parameters and not realizing it's capable of so much more. Here are my observations so far
1. This is a great upgrade. Even with the HQ props that come with the kit, there's noticably more pep at low throttle
2. If you switch to Gemfan 3 blade props, holy crap it's a different beast entirely. Noise is mostly gone. Much more throttle response all the way through the throw. It's especially noticeable when you switch to manual, and realize you're suddenly 200ft above where you should be.
3. With new body and blades, the AVATA flies on a rail. I don't know if the tumble is completely gone, I just know for me, it feels like I've moved from dirt track to F1.
2023-7-3
Use props
djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw Posted at 7-3 16:05
So I made this upgrade and was down for a couple of months, probably because I overestimated my soldering ability. Ended up frying an ESC but I'm finally back up and running.
   First of all, no motor overload warnings for me. I think in videos where it happens, it's the result of AVATA being programmed to understand specific kV parameters and not realizing it's capable of so much more. Here are my observations so far
1. This is a great upgrade. Even with the HQ props that come with the kit, there's noticably more pep at low throttle

4. Overall flying is MUCH smoother. In the googles it looks like you're flying in post production. Gaps are easier.
Now for the bad.
1. Still quite a bit of propwash chattering on rapid, level, powered decent. She'll dive plenty pretty, but a flat attitude will shake you really good
2. Whatever aftermarket battery retainers you were using, they probably don't work anymore. You'll have to get a strap.
3. Obviously, there's less time aloft per battery. For me, it's not a problem at all, I'll gladly give back a couple of minutes per flight to have all the added features.
4. Like with the retainers, you won't fit this 3.5 into your old case
  All in all, I highly recommend. I can do power loops now, the motors don't get hot, and it's so much quieter.
  Warning: It is a hot rod in manual. I'm still scared to do much in manual since the change, and I'm probably going to end up losing my rates. AMA
2023-7-3
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw Posted at 7-3 16:17
4. Overall flying is MUCH smoother. In the googles it looks like you're flying in post production. Gaps are easier.
Now for the bad.
1. Still quite a bit of propwash chattering on rapid, level, powered decent. She'll dive plenty pretty, but a flat attitude will shake you really good

Propwash is in general not a strength of whoops, but you can try to avoid it by adjusting your flight style to avoid it mostly. It's in general not a good habit flying in your own propwash in freestyle it's for sure not always avoidable but that's not what a Cinewhoop is made for anyway.
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw
lvl.2
United States

Koolada Posted at 7-4 10:43
Propwash is in general not a strength of whoops, but you can try to avoid it by adjusting your flight style to avoid it mostly. It's in general not a good habit flying in your own propwash in freestyle it's for sure not always avoidable but that's not what a Cinewhoop is made for anyway.

Agreed. I can see numerous potential cases where a level shot while descending would be preferable to a diving attitude, but unless you're doing a one shot, you can just get the footage on ascent and reverse it in post.  My wife is already impressed with my raw footage using this set up and asked if I was shooting with EIS because of how smooth it is before running gyroflow on it
2023-7-9
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules