845 5 2023-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mac Odhinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107264 ft
France

Hello,

I had two batteries left from my previous mavic 3 (that fell to the bottom of a lake...). The new one I just received with the new mavic is still in his packaging. Not wanting to use it immediately, how long can I keep it under packaging before it deteriorates?

When a battery is on sale in a store, how long can the seller store it before performance decrease?
(If a salesman receives battery to sale on January 1, 2023, can he still sell those batteries 6 months later? 12 months later? Is there a sell-by date before the sale?)

Thanks !

2023-3-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good questions.  I've never seen a sale by date on any DJI batteries.  
2023-3-4
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

When a battery is on sale in a store, how long can the seller store it before performance decrease?

I do not know the exact answer (if there is one), but DJI has said that batteries in hibernation state can be stored a long time.
On the battery package you can find the production month and year, that is a better indication of the battery's age than how long the it has been stored in the shop.
I purchased a battery that was almost 1 year old when I woke it up from hibernation, it has worked perfect since.
I think that if you want as "fresh" battery as possible, it is best to buy them directly from DJI.
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mac Odhinn. Thank you for reaching out. The battery is in hibernation mode before activating, which can be maintained for a long period of time. There is no estimated time of storage before activation, while in hibernation mode, the battery is in a state of extremely low power consumption and can be stored for a relatively long time, but it is also necessary to pay attention to the temperature and humidity of the storage environment, and the reference time is not easy to give.
2023-3-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 22:26
Hi, Mac Odhinn. Thank you for reaching out. The battery is in hibernation mode before activating, which can be maintained for a long period of time. There is no estimated time of storage before activation, while in hibernation mode, the battery is in a state of extremely low power consumption and can be stored for a relatively long time, but it is also necessary to pay attention to the temperature and humidity of the storage environment, and the reference time is not easy to give.

... a "long time" is really very relative!  
I can also keep vegetables in the fridge for a relatively long time...      
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 3-4 23:00
... a "long time" is really very relative!  
I can also keep vegetables in the fridge for a relatively long time...

Hi, frankymusik. Sorry if we couldn't provide a more specific answer as it also depends on the temperature and humidity of the storage environment. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules