2011 17 2023-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know the maps and attitude / radar functions have been around for many months, but I still see people completely unaware how useful these little displays are, namely because the buttons to access the functions are so small.
So for those that didn't know just how to make full use of the little tile in the bottom left, here you go

2023-3-5
Use props
Tez4UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142349 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks Ian very informative
2023-3-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You did miss one important feature of the radar, the RC indicator turns green when you have a good alignment (horizontally)
2023-3-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent video Ian and very informative.  

I used to use the map view exclusively, but like you have found the radar view much more useful.  
2023-3-5
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422969 ft
United States

Great video Ian, very informative. Thanks for sharing it.
2023-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good video!
2023-3-5
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-5 04:18
You did miss one important feature of the radar, the RC indicator turns green when you have a good alignment (horizontally)

Yes; good point; I've pinned a comment mentioning that; sometimes the odd things slips when you're filming, talking and flying at the same time ;)
2023-3-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 3-5 11:17
Yes; good point; I've pinned a comment mentioning that; sometimes the odd things slips when you're filming, talking and flying at the same time ;)

No worries, its good to see someone actually see the importance of the radar, there are some on here that just can't see that lol
2023-3-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It would be a tremendous help for analyzing screen recording if people would switch the radar on instead of the map.
2023-3-5
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

I already knew about this radar feature, but the mention of the CAA advice on "unaided" VLOS was worth watching the video. It seems to be a rule that on the one hand is very much limiting the flying distance, but on the other hand is very hard to enforce...
2023-3-6
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I did not even know there is a map (just kidding). No, honestly I started using the radar from the beginning because of the formerly missing feature of offline maps. And I got used to it because there is no need to prepare for a flight in advance (downloading map parts).
Thanks for your video, though. I helps one or the other for flying safely.
2023-3-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With reference to the CAA and VLOS, in CAP722 it states that we can use navigation lights as an aid, this open up the range some for sure, especially in low light or night time
2023-3-6
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you Ian.
2023-3-6
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Good Informations.
2023-3-6
Use props
fans21f46d12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

Great info!  As I've learned before on this forum, it's important to confirm orientation of the drone at takeoff to confirm compass function. Thanks
2023-3-6
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-6 04:16
With reference to the CAA and VLOS, in CAP722 it states that we can use navigation lights as an aid, this open up the range some for sure, especially in low light or night time

Yes, although it's an extra thing to remember and also an extra bit of weight to carry that can technically take it over 250 grams; all a little pointless IMHO.  
Down is the only direction you need to know how to go if you hear an approaching aircraft.....
2023-3-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 3-8 00:52
Yes, although it's an extra thing to remember and also an extra bit of weight to carry that can technically take it over 250 grams; all a little pointless IMHO.  
Down is the only direction you need to know how to go if you hear an approaching aircraft.....

Not necessarily, it just pops it into the sub 500g category and the only difference there is that you cannot intentionally fly over peeps... oh and it might mean you need to have the A2 CofC, i cant remember for sure but i have that and thats the category i fly in

Edit, just checked and ya deffo have to have the A2 CofC to fly sub 500g, until jan 2026 anyway lol
2023-3-8
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing
2023-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules