Not good!! Front page of Huffington Post
2230 25 2015-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

In case it's gone when you get there, it's a pic of a P3 with the headline in big letters:  DRONE MADNESS! 12 AIRSPACE INTRUSIONS IN ONE DAY   

This isn't good.  I wish people would use their friggin heads when they buy one of these.
2015-8-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What about a link to the article, rather than the website?

Couldn't find it, & have already lost interest...

Thanks for the goose chase.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-20
Use props
Zdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-21 03:22

Couldn't find it, & have already lost in ...

Aug 20th article.  Front page.
2015-8-20
Use props
Zdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zdrone Posted at 2015-8-21 03:23
Aug 20th article.  Front page.

good story with a map showing where incidents occurred.  Maybe this will get the FAA to finalize some rules and then go after those that won't comply.sightings were reported at 1,500 and 3,500 ft and in the DC airspace..... I don't know where thy're coming from but mine won't go that high.  I have my
limit set at 398 ft.

quote from the article:

Before last year, close encounters with rogue drones were unheard of. But as a result of a sales boom, small, largely unregulated remote-control aircraft are clogging U.S. airspace, snarling air traffic and giving the FAA fits.
2015-8-20
Use props
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-21 03:22

Couldn't find it, & have already lost in ...

Wow, some people on this forum are dicks.   I included a link to the front page because I wanted you to see the picture and huge type on the front page.   I assumed you were smart enough to click the link and go to the article yourself.  Or, if it's no longer the top story, you could maybe search the site for it.  It's not too hard.  

But thanks for your smart ass comments.   
2015-8-20
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84902 ft
Bulgaria

Not saying it is, but this could be an inside job, to bring in more laws, and drop everyone down to 5 meter max height, by the overlords!
2015-8-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dick? Hahaha Just wanted a direct link, not into sharades. Busy man and no time to play tag.

http://nypost.com/?s=Drones

It's easy to be direct. Yes? ;-)

Calling names, shows your maturity, be a punk, or grow a pair.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-20
Use props
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-21 03:47
Dick? Hahaha Just wanted a direct link, not into sharades. Busy man and no time to play tag.

http:/ ...

How busy do you have to be to not have time to click one link?  

I only called you a dick because you were acting like one.  My pair is just fine.  Communicate with a little class and maturity and people wont call you a dick.
2015-8-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-21 03:47

http:/ ...

New york post is one of the sleaziest tabloids ever!
2015-8-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

2015-8-20
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

I was just reading this artilce as well. What dji product can go to 3500' or even 9000' as one pilot reported. It seems most of these would be home made builds that have no restrictions what so ever.
2015-8-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Sorry, preoccupied. I am working on something much bigger than a hyperlink.... I did click it, was nothing there.
Trying to stay current on the several forums which I frequent. But have duties which can not be ignored.
Multitasking, with both hands and feet. I need a pet octopus to help.

Willie me boy, There are plenty of sleazy journals published daily. Take your pick. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2015-8-20
Use props
Danielle de Leo
lvl.1

United States

It's too bad the FAA wants to promote safe flying, yet doesn't want anyone to teach others how to do it....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/john ... p;mc_eid=57aad3595f
2015-8-20
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Yet there was a story today that the Port Authority of New York wants the gift shops to stop selling drones.

http://nymag.com/daily/intellige ... selling-drones.html

Unless the gift shop is part of the Duty Free concession, why would anyone go to the airport to purchase a drone?
2015-8-20
Use props
mgsf
lvl.1

United States

Danielle de Leo Posted at 2015-8-21 04:23
It's too bad the FAA wants to promote safe flying, yet doesn't want anyone to teach others how to do ...

With all due respect, if a hobbyist wants to fly in the NAS, pass the test and get a pilot's license.

It's really not that difficult.
The FAA does want you to learn. The FAA has you covered with what you need to know, but they're not going to spoon feed you. You can find just about everything you need to know online.
FARs are all online, as well as everything you need to know about meteorology, navigation, and flying safe.

Get over to your nearest FBO and hookup with a flight instructor, put in 20 or so hours as PIC and you'll be soloing in no time. Another few days in the air, then pass your medical exam, FAA knowledge test, and check ride.
Off you go in to the wild blue yonder.

Until then keep your hobby UAV in the tame blue yonder.

2015-8-20
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Gabe R Posted at 2015-8-21 04:11
I was just reading this artilce as well. What dji product can go to 3500' or even 9000' as one pilot ...

One pilut stated that the drone was "yellow" and the size of a dishwasher. WHat has this guy been smoking? SMH
2015-8-20
Use props
spunone69.gmail
lvl.3

United States

I don't know what drone they were flying, but the Yuneec H980 Tornado claims that it can reach 32,000 ft.  Check the Yuneec website...
2015-8-20
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

I mean we can set our to go to 1500' max which is already above legal limits in most place. Whats the purpose of 32'000 it just make your company look irresponsible.
2015-8-22
Use props
pr51
lvl.1

United States

This is why we can't have nice things...
2015-8-22
Use props
motch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44213 ft
  • >>>
United States

So.. new to the drone world.  Just ordered my first.  P3A.
As a commercial/Professional Pilot - I will NOT be flying her above 400ft within the area I live.. probably not anywhere within the US, and will (hopefully) keep her within line of sight.
This is a catch 22.  I totally understand why people want to play with it and get it up to thousands of feet, along with sending it on its own (GS) and make cool videos.  At the same time, do/should we restrict these things from going above 400'?!  We don't restrict cars by limiting their speed above 75 mph (my car can go up to 160.. and I've had her up to 140+..)?

At the end of the day, it's about being responsible with whatever you're using.  Be it a drone, a camera, a gun or a car..
The news media LOVES these kind of stories because they create great headlines and attract readers.  As someone stated.. the NYPost is literally a trash paper that calls itself "news".

Always
Motch
2015-8-22
Use props
Danielle de Leo
lvl.1

United States

mgsf@embarqmail Posted at 2015-8-21 05:13
With all due respect, if a hobbyist wants to fly in the NAS, pass the test and get a pilot's licen ...

It's too bad more people doesn't take your advice. Truly.

If it were that "easy" and cheap, everyone WOULD do it.....

Regardless, I feel a push to allow more access to information on safe piloting. At least, with the OPTION of providing it face-to-face. Specifically since few listen to your advice (which has also been given by dozens of others).

Although instruction can be found online, I think you would be surprised as to how many people actually put the effort in to do the research. I work in a UAV reseller store, and many of our customers are willing to throw money into training, rather than hours into researching a topic they know very little about.

I have a feeling that people get intimidated to some degree, yet want the "cool factor" of being a drone pilot. Not to mention the photography produced through it is astonishing.

Does this mean these personalities shouldn't fly in NAS at all? Sure. Does this mean they won't fly? Absolutely not.

Because of that alone, why would anyone agree with restriction of knowledge and the withholding of information?

Not I.
2015-8-26
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You do realise that posting a link to a constantly changing website into a forum where discussions tend to stretch over several days is a bit pointless? If you wanted to show the size of a picture/headline/whatever a screenshot would have been much more appropriate.
2015-8-26
Use props
lvl.4

United States

Ummm, who reads the huffington post
2015-8-26
Use props
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

agrewe Posted at 2015-8-27 04:55
You do realise that posting a link to a constantly changing website into a forum where discussions t ...

As I explained to the other guy who made a similar comment, I wanted people to see the front page of the website.  I also put in the original post what it was in case it was gone when you got there.  And, I also thought you'd be smart enough to search for it if it was off the front page.   Guess not.

2015-8-27
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fisk33 Posted at 2015-8-27 16:00
As I explained to the other guy who made a similar comment, I wanted people to see the front page  ...

Exactly, you wanted people to see the frontpage. Which is something different than searching for the article and seeing it in article view. Hence a screenshot of the frontpage to show how prominent the article was featured on it would have been much more impactful long term.
2015-8-29
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-8-20 17:13
Yet there was a story today that the Port Authority of New York wants the gift shops to stop selling ...

People don't go to the airport to buy things. It's usually the guilty feeling dad/mom/relative that has been away on business from the kids or the visiting relative that says "Oh crap, I need to get something for the kids, wife, husband etc. it's like a convince store at the airport, Grab a Teddy Bear/Drone/Whatever for the LittleOne/Teenager/Whoever. Ive been in those stores (never for purchase) and am amazed at what is there and the high prices for everything.
2015-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules