1027 5 2023-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CPmtHOatdgQl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

Hi everyone,
I crashed my drone the other day and it fell about 10 ft out of the air. Everything seems to be okay except for the camera, which now has a thick black line through the bottom of display that moves around when i tap the camera lense. I ordered an entirely new gimbal assembly but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on this or if it is even possible to fix. Below is a short video showing the problem and also showing me tap the camera showing it disappearing and showing the full display. Once the gimbal motor moves back into place the line usually comes back.

If anyone has any ideas let me know. Would be nice to fix this one and have a spare gimbal once my replacement comes, but if not oh well
2023-3-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, I think that gimbal is toast.  
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the crash. We do not recommend that you repair the drone on your own. You can start a case through the link below and send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-3-6
Use props
mDaWg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

I appreciate the feedback, but this is already a spare ebay replacement drone. I'll take the risk on this one.

Thanks for confirmation its toast.
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mDaWg Posted at 3-6 19:15
I appreciate the feedback, but this is already a spare ebay replacement drone. I'll take the risk on this one.

Thanks for confirmation its toast.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We totally understand your decision. If you decide to send it to us, you may contact the link that DJI Mindy provided in post #3. Feel free to contact us if you need anything else. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-4-11
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The glass filter inside the gimbal optics has peeled off. This happens when the gimbal is hit, for example, by a branch. I damaged this filter. It broke into three pieces. The optical system itself is glued to a PCB with a CCD matrix. It can be peeled off when heated with hot air. Maybe try to set this filter in place and stick it. It will not be easy. Even if it is successful, unfortunately the image may be out of focus. It's worth a try though. Good luck.
2023-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules