DJI Mini 2 not going into quick transfer mode
3837 8 2023-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JordanWills
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14183 ft
United Kingdom

I purchased a DJI Mini 2 a week ago and have since noticed the quick transfer mode doesn't work.
If I power up, wait for the drone to ready up, then press and hold the quick transfer button for 2 seconds or more it beeps once and then continuously blinks blue but never changes modes.

Have tested with all the recommended troubleshooting methods but none have fixed the issue!

Tempted to return it instore as it's only a week old but thought it's worth asking the question here !

Annoyingly I’ve purchased and binded the DJI care refresh to this drone and RC before realising it won’t change to quick transfer mode, hoping DJI will be able to help but still waiting for feedback.

Appreciate any help or advice on what to do next

2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please follow the steps below on how to properly use the QuickTransfer mode on your DJI Mini 2 to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Method 1:

a. Turn on the aircraft. As the aircraft status indicator automatically begins flashing yellow, press and hold the indicator for two seconds (ensure that the aircraft has been updated to the latest firmware; if the firmware version is 1.0.0.0, press the indicator button twice to switch the light) to turn the light blue, and then to pulsing lights.

b. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device, launch the DJI Fly app, and there will be a prompt to connect to the aircraft.

c. Tap Connect. After a successful connection, you can access the aircraft album and download files at 20 MB/s. Note that when you connect the mobile device to the aircraft for the first time, you need to press the indicator button once to confirm the connection.

Method 2:
When the aircraft is connected to the mobile device via the remote controller, enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device to connect it with the aircraft. After you enter Playback in the DJI Fly app, tap the QuickTransfer icon in the upper right-hand corner, and then you can download photos and videos from the aircraft to your smartphone.
Note:

1. When using the “QuickTransfer” function, the files are not compressed.

2. The download frequency band of QuickTransfer follows the image transmission setting frequency band. The download speed of QuickTransfer in 2.4 GHz frequency band can reach up to 6 MB/s. Restricted by policies and regulations in some areas, the frequency band of 5.8 GHz is automatically banned in regions including Japan, Israel, and Kazakhstan. In these areas, the QuickTransfer function can only be used in 2.4 GHz frequency band. The highest download speed is 6 MB/s.

3. Trimmed download is used in QuickTransfer.
2023-3-7
Use props
JordanWills
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Many thanks for the response and giving me two methods, unfortunately It still doesn’t change to quick transfer mode and remains flashing blue. Everything has been checked my end and all firmware is up to date. I even renamed my drone and drone WiFi, and then reset my phone and it’s network settings but I think it hasn’t made a difference.

With method two it looks to try to switch but after about 10 seconds it says “switching failed”.

I believe this could be the drone having an internal fault which is a real shame because everything else works brilliantly. Grateful for your help and happy to try anything else you can suggest
686097BA-CE59-4914-A5DB-FA8FBD33256E.png
A38B03F8-1AAD-4F31-AAD3-FCEF7CC99EC6.jpeg
2023-3-8
Use props
fans91b5398a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

Same here. I already posted detailed log of data exchange (BLE capture) but still have not got any response and/or fix for the issue. It appears like the bug in FlyApp or in Firmware that appeared with some smartphones. Unfortunately I did not have too much time to look deeper into protocol and to find what can cause theproblem. Any way, me, as you, paid for the product and such ignorance of the problem makes me a little bit ungry
2023-3-8
Use props
JordanWills
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans91b5398a Posted at 3-8 04:56
Same here. I already posted detailed log of data exchange (BLE capture) but still have not got any response and/or fix for the issue. It appears like the bug in FlyApp or in Firmware that appeared with some smartphones. Unfortunately I did not have too much time to look deeper into protocol and to find what can cause theproblem. Any way, me, as you, paid for the product and such ignorance of the problem makes me a little bit ungry

Thanks for the comment and it’s interesting to know it’s not just myself having issues! Has yours ever worked in quick transfer mode or did it start happening after a firmware or phone update?

Unfortunately I’ve not been able to test it with another smartphone but will look to do so today, personally with mine I don’t think it’s that as in theory pressing and holding down the quick transfer button and waiting a few seconds should switch modes and have a steady blue light before it authenticates with a phone.

I’ll do some further tests today and keep you updated!  
2023-3-8
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1209682 ft
United States

Have seen this a few times, and have opted to simply use the slower transfer speeds to get it done. My fear is that if I push it I'll have the controller and drone not talking to each other anymore, something that happened with me Mini SE last year and resulted in my sending it in. Path of least resistance taken here
2023-3-8
Use props
fans91b5398a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

JordanWills Posted at 3-8 05:11
Thanks for the comment and it’s interesting to know it’s not just myself having issues! Has yours ever worked in quick transfer mode or did it start happening after a firmware or phone update?

Unfortunately I’ve not been able to test it with another smartphone but will look to do so today, personally with mine I don’t think it’s that as in theory pressing and holding down the quick transfer button and waiting a few seconds should switch modes and have a steady blue light before it authenticates with a phone.

Yes, it worked (and still works) on my very old smarphone. It's not a drone hardware problem. Its just a software problem. Drone switches to Quick Transfer mode. It turns BLE on and receives few first packets from smartphone (from fly app) and also responses on them but next it stops responding and because of that does not switche to WiFi mode.

Here is my old post with details: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 852&pid=2856278

2023-3-8
Use props
JordanWills
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thats very interesting, thanks again for your input it’s greatly appreciated! Hopefully Dji get back in touch and offer a bit more support for you, looks like you’ve explored all avenues with it. I spent more time tinkering with the setup today but in the end decided to go back into Argos (the store I bought it from last week) and they offered me an exchange.

Got home and set up everything again to my Dji account and immediately tested the quick transfer mode… as expected it’s FIXED. I can get to it both ways, firstly by accessing quick transfer mode from media and secondly holding the button for 2 seconds and it quickly turns to a solid blue.

I will take it out for a test flight tomorrow, record some footage to transfer to my device so I know for sure.

I’ve emailed Dji asking where I stand with the 1 year care refresh plan as it was registered to the serial number on my faulty drone which I returned to Argos. Hopefully it can be easily re-registered but we will see.
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JordanWills Posted at 3-8 14:24
Thats very interesting, thanks again for your input it’s greatly appreciated! Hopefully Dji get back in touch and offer a bit more support for you, looks like you’ve explored all avenues with it. I spent more time tinkering with the setup today but in the end decided to go back into Argos (the store I bought it from last week) and they offered me an exchange.

Got home and set up everything again to my Dji account and immediately tested the quick transfer mode… as expected it’s FIXED. I can get to it both ways, firstly by accessing quick transfer mode from media and secondly holding the button for 2 seconds and it quickly turns to a solid blue.

Hi, Jordan. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that your unit was already replaced and now you have a fully working unit. Please let us know if you need help with the DJI care refresh bounded on your previous aircraft so we can contact the designated team assigned to it. Thank you for your valued support and happy flying!
2023-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules