When is DJI going to introduce Infinity Focus for the Osmo Pocket-1?
950 22 2023-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PocketShooter
lvl.2

United States

The focus hunting in AFC is very annoying and ruins your footage every single time.
At the same time having to manually set the focus in AFS every time you move the focus to a new object is also very troublesome.

DJI, please understand that a lot of us need Infinity Focus, where everything is in focus all the time, just like on your own Osmo Action!
It shouldn't be hard at all to add this feature to a firmware update.

I was watching this video and the guy claims that there is a workaround.
You switch to AFS, then you set your focus to the sky, and then this supposedly gives you Infinity Focus.
I don't have my Osmo Pocket with me at the moment, so I cannot confirm if this works or not. (if you guys can do a few tests, I'd be glad to learn if this has worked for you)
If this trick does work, that's cool, but what if I am shooting indoors and I don't have the option to set the focus on the sky???
And what if I don't want to go through this ritual every time I want to shoot some footage?

We need Infinity Focus as a setting in the firmware.
Please introduce it in a future update.

He talks about it at the 5:28 mark:

2023-3-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Wouldn't mind if they had that for the Pocket 2 also. Not sure if they will implement it though, as the Pocket 2 has been on the market for a long time (stealing some of the attention from the original Osmo Pocket) and as for the Pocket 2, a) there has been only one firmware update so far, and b) if the rumours are true, the Pocket 3 is looming right behind the corner.

I hope I will be proven wrong, but not holding my breath on it.
2023-3-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, that would be great.
A lot of the time we don't need anything but infinite focus.
2023-3-8
Use props
PocketShooter
lvl.2

United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-8 01:24
A lot of the time we don't need anything but infinite focus.

Exactly!
Both Fimi Palm and Feiyu Pocket shoot in Infinity Focus.
I don't understand why DJI Osmo Pocket doesn't...
2023-3-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PocketShooter Posted at 3-8 02:15
Exactly!
Both Fimi Palm and Feiyu Pocket shoot in Infinity Focus.
I don't understand why DJI Osmo Pocket doesn't...

It was clearly designed otherwise. But not in a clever way if you ask me.
2023-3-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably will see infinity focus on the Pocket 3 so doubt if they will add it especially to the original Pocket.
2023-3-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

"It shouldn't be hard at all to add this feature to a firmware update."

But then you wouldn't need to buy a new device!
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PocketShooter. Thank you for reaching out. The Osmo Pocket device only has AFS and AFC focus modes but I will take the infinity focus as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-3-8
Use props
PocketShooter
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-8 20:51
Hi, PocketShooter. Thank you for reaching out. The Osmo Pocket device only has AFS and AFC focus modes but I will take the infinity focus as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.

Please do, because your competitors (Fimi Palm and Feiyu Pocket) have this option and so do many of your own products!
Also, when was the last time you released an update for the Osmo Pocket? Like, in 2019?

2023-3-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Has anyone witnessed a suggestion a mod has forwarded to the relevant team?

It's almost like their replies are AI.
2023-3-9
Use props
PocketShooter
lvl.2

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 3-9 13:54
Has anyone witnessed a suggestion a mod has forwarded to the relevant team?

It's almost like their replies are AI.

I personally haven't witnessed that.
The DJI mods are using canned replies on this forum. I doubt it that they forward anything to the firmware development team.
The latest firmware update for the Osmo Pocket is  V 01.10.00.30 and it was released 12.10.2019 That is almost 4 years ago.
They haven't done anything to improve their product ever since... And I am sure that there have been many feature requests from Pocket owners in the span of those 4 years.
2023-3-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I went with GoPro for my action camera purchase due to DJI's lack of after-sale service and the ignoring of customers.
2023-3-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PocketShooter Posted at 3-9 03:55
Please do, because your competitors (Fimi Palm and Feiyu Pocket) have this option and so do many of your own products!
Also, when was the last time you released an update for the Osmo Pocket? Like, in 2019?

Hi, PocketShooter. Rest assured that your suggestion has been forwarded already, we will also add the update to the form we submitted. Thank you for your support. Happy weekend!
2023-3-11
Use props
PocketShooter
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-11 07:20
Hi, PocketShooter. Rest assured that your suggestion has been forwarded already, we will also add the update to the form we submitted. Thank you for your support. Happy weekend!

Thanks.
What is that form that you submitted? Where can we see it?
And also, when will there be an update?
2023-3-11
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Would be nice.
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PocketShooter Posted at 3-11 12:54
Thanks.
What is that form that you submitted? Where can we see it?
And also, when will there be an update?

Hi, PocketShooter. The form is internal thus you won't be able to view it. Regretfully, we currently don't have any information about the firmware update, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-3-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 03:23
Hi, PocketShooter. The form is internal thus you won't be able to view it. Regretfully, we currently don't have any information about the firmware update, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.

From Post #12:

The latest firmware update for the Osmo Pocket is  V 01.10.00.30 and it was released 12.10.2019 That is almost 4 years ago.
They haven't done anything to improve their product ever since... And I am sure that there have been many feature requests from Pocket owners in the span of those 4 years.

2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Curt1591 Posted at 3-12 05:33
From Post #12:

Hi, Curt1591. We understand your sentiments and the suggestion for a firmware update has been forwarded already to our relevant team. We apologize for any inconvenience.
2023-3-13
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 07:49
Hi, Curt1591. We understand your sentiments and the suggestion for a firmware update has been forwarded already to our relevant team. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I'm holding my breath starting in three, two, one, ...

2023-3-13
Use props
PocketShooter
lvl.2

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 3-13 14:56
I'm holding my breath starting in three, two, one, ...

LOL!

DJI mods just continue with the canned answers. They have been doing this for the last 4 years with great success, so why fix a thing that's been proven to work?  
2023-3-13
Use props
PocketShooter
lvl.2

Bulgaria

2023-3-24
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

After watching the crappy focus of the pocket in the video, DJI decided to drop everything and update their firmware!

2023-3-26
Use props
PocketShooter
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Curt1591 Posted at 3-26 16:05
After watching the crappy focus of the pocket in the video, DJI decided to drop everything and update their firmware!

Yeah, I totally believe that.
2023-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules