1564 7 2023-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlowSkate_YT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2059849 ft
Czechia

Hi,

On the Mavic 3 models, when using Waypoint Mode, if you tell the "Waypoint Mission" to start from the LAST Waypoint (instead of the First), the Mavic 3 will fly to the final Waypoint location, but instead of flying the mission in reverse (from the Last Waypoint to the Frist Waypoint) the Mission will immediately terminate and perform the End Action (Hover or RTH, depending on what you have specified).

This occurs on the latest firmware for the Mavic 3 Cine, verified when using the DJI RC Pro on its latest firmware, with DJI Fly 1.9.5

Mavic 3 Firmware: 1.00.1000
RC Firmware: 03.01.1200

Repeatable every time... had to delete my mission and create it again in reverse (which consumed additional battery and flight time due to the desired starting point being the farthest away, as is common when I do Waypoint missions to optimize the use of the battery, since the mission ends at the point closest to myself, requiring less battery capacity to return the drone to land)
2023-3-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

What action do you have set for the last waypoint? Try changing the last waypoint action to begin recording and the first to start recording when reversing the flight pattern. A bit fiddly, but it should work.
2023-3-9
Use props
FlowSkate_YT
lvl.2
Czechia

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-9 08:27
What action do you have set for the last waypoint? Try changing the last waypoint action to begin recording and the first to start recording when reversing the flight pattern. A bit fiddly, but it should work.

Wait, what, really?

When you say to Start from the Last Waypoint, you expect First Waypoint Action to apply to the Last Waypoint added, because that would make sense.

I'll give this a go soon and post my results... but I think it should be agreed that, even if that works, this is still a bug... because reversing the direction of a Waypoint mission should apply the "Start Action" to the NEW First Waypoint (which was the last one set, by virtue of reversing it)
2023-3-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

FlowSkate_YT Posted at 3-9 09:23
Wait, what, really?

When you say to Start from the Last Waypoint, you expect First Waypoint Action to apply to the Last Waypoint added, because that would make sense.

I agree that reversing the mission SHOULD reverse the actions. But, the action is pinned to the waypoint, so maybe this is the workaround. I hope it's temporary and software update will fix it.
2023-3-9
Use props
FlowSkate_YT
lvl.2
Czechia

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-9 09:28
I agree that reversing the mission SHOULD reverse the actions. But, the action is pinned to the waypoint, so maybe this is the workaround. I hope it's temporary and software update will fix it.

Want to thank you again for saving me a ton of flight time and wasted charge cycles.
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FlowSkate_YT. Thank you for reaching out. The waypoint does not support flying the mission in reverse but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-3-9
Use props
FlowSkate_YT
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-9 22:46
Hi, FlowSkate_YT. Thank you for reaching out. The waypoint does not support flying the mission in reverse but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Hi Gamora,

I just want to point out that the DJI Fly App (whether on an RC controller, or on a phone connected to an N1 controller) DOES provide the user the option to decide whether to start at the First or Last Waypoint. This does imply that Waypoints can be set in either forward OR reverse order.
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlowSkate_YT Posted at 3-9 22:48
Hi Gamora,

I just want to point out that the DJI Fly App (whether on an RC controller, or on a phone connected to an N1 controller) DOES provide the user the option to decide whether to start at the First or Last Waypoint. This does imply that Waypoints can be set in either forward OR reverse order.

Hi, FlowSkate_YT. Thank you for the reply. Can you please provide us a screenshot from where you can see it for further checking? Thank you.
2023-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules